Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help with window seals for 32 ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by sprayed99, Oct 5, 2013.

1. sprayed99

sprayed99
    from Wylie TX

I'm gathering rubber and felt parts for my 32 ford truck.

I have all the proper parts for the front windshield but when it comes to the side windows I'm lost.

need to know what to do with the bottom of the window on the inside and outside of where it would seal on the bottom of the window opening.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  2. Contact Mr. Sparado on here. Side glass is easy.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Take the easy way out and buy the complete door window felt channel kit for the doors, this will include the small rubber bumpers that the windows slide against. The rear quarter windows and back glass use the same style rubber and are held in place by the garnish mouldings. Mr; Spadaro can fix you up with all this.

4. sprayed99

sprayed99
    from Wylie TX

This is for a truck and don't have quarter windows.

I don't have any garnish moldings and the windows are specialty power windows. The channels on the sides and top are the universal style that were in it when I got it and it will stay that way as it works really well.

I just need to know what to use at the bottom of the window opening where it would seal to the inside and outside on the door.

5. Mart

Mart

I don't think there are any seals as such on the bottom of the glass, any water that runs down the glass goes into the door and drains out of the bottom.

I do know the rubber that sets the glass in the channel has a lip that goes to the outside, and this may be intended to form at least a partial seal against the lower part of the window frame. The effectiveness of this as a seal is sketchy at best.

I may be wrong about this, but I do not know of a seal in my experience. I would be interested to learn if there is a seal.

Mart.

6. If there is anything like that I'm not aware of it,,I've been driving my '32 pickup for 6 years now,there is a good reason you have drain holes in the bottom of the door. HRP

7. The rubber you get in kits to set your glass in the lower channel has a tendency to no hold. Try to get some real glass setting tape and you might be happier in the long run. This just my opinion.