Register now to get rid of these ads!

The 11the Annual ATLANTA $10,000 Drag Race & Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toby Denham, Aug 10, 2013.

1. bwheeler051

bwheeler051
    from Gratis, GA

NSS cars that I know of so far are:

Brent Wheeler 66 Dodge Coronet
    Barry camps Biscayne driven by Rob Walden
    1960 Plymouth from Tennessee. He was at Memphis. I believe his name is Al.
    White 65 Dodge Coronet Homier and Tiller car
    68 Barracuda Homier and Tiller car

2. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

More info from Frank Brumby regarding the Isky ad & Zot II
    He remembers it being Hot Rod magazine. It would have been in April or May for 1963, no later than June whatever magazine it was. He said it was 2 or 3 or 4 pages in on the left up top, rectangle shape, more of an endorsement from Ed Isky. talking about the horsepower developed. He said it could have been the other magazine, but this is what he remembers very clearly. There was not a mention on the cover and it was not an article. He can't remember what the cover looks like.
    Also there is one picture of the roadster where Isky 505 Magnum was put on the cam running up the fire wall on top (I guess I am saying this right, I was taking notes as Frank was talking) . After that trip and test, they used Isky's equipment.

3. GrantParker

GrantParker
    from Atlanta

Anybody know if there will be a swap meet at this event? I am scouring parts for a '54 Chevy pickup.

4. captmullette

captmullette

yes they will, 31 sedan will be there.........

5. captmullette

captmullette

6. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

ABSOLUTELY There will a Swap Meet

7. Thumper

Thumper

Damn........and to think I still got some Atlanta Speed Shop class win trophies...LOL.

8. For all the HAMB members who are planning to be at the ATL10,000 this year, be sure to stay tuned to this thread. It's exactly two weeks until we party! There will most likely be numerous information updates posted here this coming week.

Keep in mind, Saturday, there will be a HAMB "Meet & Greet" tent. Look for the banner near the Geezer Alley (near the starting line). There will be a guest book for everyone to sign. Maybe we can do a group photo some time during the day. :)

I'm stoked! I hope you guys and gals are too!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  9. Oh, man! If you're coming ... bring 'em! At the Geezer Alley, anyone who has any Atlanta Speed Shop and/or Atlanta $10,000 (1964-72) memorabilia, along with memories, to share are encouraged to do so. There are going to be quite a few former racers there telling tales and sharing photos and other cool stuff. If you are not comfortable bringing the trophies, by all means, bring your memories!:D

10. Toby are you sure you want us in a group photo?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  11. Thumper

Thumper

Bump this up..!!! I am gonna do everything I can to make this event !!

12. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

Wish you would bring them to the Atlanta $10,000 Oct. 18th for us to see

13. jetboatmama

jetboatmama

We may need a larger tent!!

14. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

I have the list of Gassers for the Gasser Shootout. These are all 4 speed cars.

Jeremy Pearson "Bone Shaker" '57 Ford
    Greg Porter "Night Stalker" '55 Chevy
    Heath Cowan "Run Ragged" '67 Chevelle
    Craig Owen "Bad Company" '55 Chevy
    Chris Cantrell "Hound Dog" '62 Falcon
    Tommy Lundley "Old School" '40 Chevy
    Shannon Smith '55 Chevy

Maybe 1 more might make it. I'm hoping for eight.

Makes me want to build the "Trophy Dashers" '55 Chevy Gasser of my Dad and Brumby's. Blown and injected 287 Chevy at about 10,500 rpm!

Time to get started! Maybe after the race.

Thanks

15. That would be cool. Then, afterward, restore the altered and then the 'Cuda funny car. :rolleyes::)

16. Thumper

Thumper

Yes Ma'am.....I will do my very best to be there and I will bring them with me.

17. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

Just got back from plastering posters and flyers in Hamilton Mill, Winder, Houschton, and Braselton.

Went to the Secret Santa Car Show in Oakwood Saturday and saw about 125 nice rides.

If anyone wants flyers or posters I am mailing out tomorrow another final batch. Let me know.

Thanks

18. I quickly skimmed through my 1963 Hot Rod issues from April through July and didn't see anything on Zot ll Mrs Jetboatmama :confused: Maybe if I had something else to go on, as I have several thousand old magazines to look through and would be more than happy to find any and all the history I could for you Ma'am. :cool:

19. Alright guys and gals, the time is getting close. Any questions, answers, or comments?

I hope to go to the strip Friday afternoon, but it most likely be early Saturday morning. I plan on seeing as many of you as possible (hopefully, all of you). Remember, there will be a HAMB area for us to hangout. It will be right where the Geezer Alley will be located. Both will be near the starting line area. Make a point to meet up with Julius Hughes at the Zot VI Top Fuel pit area and give him feedback on the event. Also, look for Elaine Hughes Jape (jetboatmama), Julius' mom, but good luck. She has more energy than a TF dragster and will be scurrying about working the event.

This is going to be great!

<div style="background:#000;width:350px; height:260px;font:0px sans-serif;text-align:left;"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="cdtw" width="350" height="240" style="outline:none"><param name="movie" value="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="eid=351733" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed name="cdtw" src="http://countingdownto.com/c/w.swf" flashvars="eid=351733" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="350" height="240" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" style="outline:none"></embed></object><br/> <a href="http://countingdownto.com" style="font:bold 8px Arial;padding-left:19px;color:#444;">COUNTDOWN CLOCK WIDGET</a></div>

20. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Nope, just waiting at this point for next saturday :D

Looks like mostly sunny, high of 68*, 10% chance of rain :cool:

21. [​IMG]
    Zot sez: "That IS like soooo cool ... like ... literally!"

22. Julius Hughes

Julius Hughes

We are running 6 eighth mile Heads Up Gas classes this year.
    This is in preparation for the Fuel and Gas series events in 2014 that will be at mostly eighth mile tracks and the fact that most Gassers are set up for eighth mile.

The classes will be on indexes as follows:
    AA/G- 5.50, A/G- 6.00, B/G- 6.50, C/G- 7.00, D/G- 7.50, E/G-8.00

We are also running Nostalgia Gas on the quarter mile and it will be a dial in class.

The Gasserr Shootout will be eighth mile, heads up like last year.

Thanks

23. Woo Hoo! Thrashing away on a trans swap. Need to sort the trans mount and should be good to go. Can't wait.

24. What kind of swap are you doin', Tony?

25. Saying goodbye to the TKO500 and TKO600 they both refuse to go into 3rd at the track. They are fine on the highway but not the track. Trying a T5 WC this time around. If this fails not sure what will be next. Tudor tore up his trans too and Carl broke his rear end. Not sure of their status.

26. Man ... I so hope that all three coupes can make a showing. You guys are the oldest school of old school.

27. captmullette

captmullette

looks like the weather is changing, anybody got a new report, im towing from florida...........thanks