Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Easy fix for someone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bingo66, Oct 6, 2013.

1. bingo66

bingo66

Does this look like an easy fix or a "Stay well clear" auction car?

Current bid at $9,255

Just looking through the auction sites, I have no financial interest in this vehicle and do not know any of it's history other than what's written on the sellers page!

Just curious that's all!

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DispSingleItem&ItemNumber=43924

[​IMG]

2. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

Salvage title means the insurance company totaled it?

3. "The frame where the left upper A-arm mounts is twisted. There may be other hidden frame/suspension damage that we are not aware of. "

i'd want to check that out in person before i bid

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

On the surface, based on the pictures and description, here is what I would do if I bought it. I would pull the current frame and scrap it and buy/build a replacement. The rear portion is probably ok, but I would scrap the whole front suspension and go with a straight axle setup. The body and majority of the fenders seem ok, except for that one.

BUT, what would scare me is the salvage title. I know nothing about them and how you go about registering one. It could be easy, but I would want to find out first.

Don

5. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

At least in Maine salvage titles are not an issue. Once the title is issued you register the vehicle just like any vehicle . it just says "Salvage " or "Rebuilt" on the title.

6. Squablow

Squablow

Niether door closes properly, that would make me think the frame is twisted beyond the front axle. $10K might be worth it since the body is so nicely restored already and there's a lot of parts that would still be useable, but you'll be pretty much rebuilding the whole car. Like Don's said, plan on building a new frame so it's square.

7. d-rod!

d-rod!

pics are deceiving, I will bet you strip away the bent and broken parts and its a straight forward fix but you would have to do because you want it and not for profit cause if it goes any higher in price there will be know room to make money

8. cayager

cayager

it doesn't take a really hard hit to buckle a model A. body and drive train would be well worth it. bids might get crazy.

9. bingo66

bingo66