Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Day of the Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by belair, Oct 5, 2013.

1. belair

belair

DotD ROCKED (as usual). Thanks to the Kontinintals and whoever else worked to make it grat day. Seemed like there was a lot more serious, fast cars this year. I loved the black/navy blue 57 Chevy 210 and the Studebaker coupe. Scotz's digger blew me away. What was your fav?

2. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

It was a ton of fun out there today.

3. Beelzebug

Beelzebug

Hey belair-- I'm the ugly mug that sat next to you for a portion of the day. I've attached a photo of that righteous Studebaker. It was great meeting you. Other than the Stude, the blue Chevy gasser with metal flake roof, the white Packard, all of the rails (the blown flathead was awesome, but I was impressed with the inline!). The '64 Nova wagon and the "Ramblin' Man" were sweet too.

Attached Files:

4. belair

belair

It was nice shooting the breeze with you, Bug.

5. Beelzebug

Beelzebug

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381026737.813289.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381026748.134598.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381026762.867423.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381026771.728299.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381026780.147438.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381026788.296525.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for pics

7. judgeyoung

judgeyoung

The white Packard is a friend of mine's car. Did you note that it is powered by a real, honest to goodness Pontiac 455! Love the wheels-up launches it gets... and the 9 second 1/4 miles it can run! Fun car to watch, and William is a really nice guy!

8. belair

belair

That Packard was cool. I've only 3 like it made into rods. That 53 gets driven like he just don't care. Always fun to watch.

9. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Cool cars. I like the Chevy II wagon.

10. Fast55097

Fast55097
    from S.A. TX

I loved seeing all the gassers out there. The very populated Comp class was tons of fun!

11. fullup12

fullup12
    from Red Oak,TX

12. guitard

guitard

Here are some shots I took of my favorites. Great time.

The black 55, Mr. Voo Doo, had his foot in it all day long. Really fun car to watch and it hauled. The Stude was great. The Metropolitan, I didn't see it run the quarter but I saw it idling around with just the surge from the idle torquing one side of the little car up and down.

Attached Files:

13. guitard

guitard

Part two... the dragster with the six sounded great. The black bike hauler was very cool. The blue Ford was a personal favorite, looked like more of a budget operation, they wrenched and raced all day and the driver ran the absolute pure hell out of it. They went faster every time. Loved to see that car charge down the track all Saturday... might be my favorite.

Attached Files:

14. guitard

guitard

Last set. This one may be a little R-word for here but I'll tell you what - the guy ran it all day long, it sounded great, pass after pass of big burnouts and if I remember high 13s-low 14s. I mean he ran it all day... never skipped a beat. Lots of fun. The old gasser looked like the real deal, couldn't help but artsy up some pictures of it. Those are best of my pics.

The teal wagon was super clean and sounded like the God of Thunder. I'm surprised the builder doesn't have wrist braces from drilling all the lightening holes in it. What a beautiful machine. The white Packard coupe was obviously stunning, ran like a banshee, and whoever drove it absolutely killed during the dial-in racing... that's a skill of its own, getting within hundredths of your dial-in consistently. Had a great time watching him. Lots of more-door action, people having fun with them and running the heck out of them. One particulary worn yellowish '55 I think... that was a fast-ass car, I wasn't expecting it.

Also a couple of plain, mild looking cruiser-quality early 50s Chevies... a white one, and a green one... running 11s, quicker than some of the race-only fire-breathers with lexan and wheelie bars... shocking.

But the best was the older guy in the 4-door yellow 57 who, on his last pass, got the front end in the air on the launch. He said it was the best thing ever and can cross it off the bucket list now. He was like a kid on a Huffy who just jumped the driveway.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  15. guitard

guitard

And yeah, the spraybombed blue 4-door early 50s Chevy with the gasser stance and red wheels. Badass car, badass driver. Even looking at it up close you'd never imagine how hard that car launches or how quick it is. Plus those guys shared their beer! Thanks guys! F'n killer running car, wish I had taken a pic of it.

16. t-buckethead

t-buckethead
    from texas

WHAT a great day,wife took some pictures while i ran my car for the first time,definitely hooked on day of the drags!Got to camp out next year,lots of great cars,people and fun...

Attached Files:

17. belair

belair

The guy with the yellow 57 4-door lives in here. He was really stoked about getting wheels up. Thanks for the pics.

18. fullup12

fullup12
    from Red Oak,TX

The yellow 57 sounded wicked in the staging lanes. There was a faded blue four door 55 that sounded evil too. The white Anglia was driven to the track from the DFW area. That's badass.

19. seatex

seatex

It just gets better and better every year! Hats off to El Jefe and the boyz for putting on another kick ass show!

20. moter

moter

Good times and great turnout! We got there Friday am about 9 to secure a good spot and there was already 10 campers out there from Thursday night!

"Also a couple of plain, mild looking cruiser-quality early 50s Chevies... a white one, and a green one... running 11s, quicker than some of the race-only fire-breathers with lexan and wheelie bars... shocking."

I was driving the Green/white top `53 running in the Comp class. My best pass was 11.29 @125. When they would call Comp class to the staging lanes...i got the funniest looks when i was driving amongst the other cars and i had 11.xx on the window ;)

21. Yep:D.

22. thanks for the coverage....good to hear that Studie is running well....and did the "dirty boys" drive their Anglia down there from the Grove...say it isn't sooo....

23. fullup12

fullup12
    from Red Oak,TX

I passed him going down 35 south of Waco. He did indeed.

24. Fast55097

Fast55097
    from S.A. TX

This one? ;)

[​IMG]

25. Bobjoe

Bobjoe

Congrats to the Loosers. Sounds like lots of hot rods. See ya at PNP.

26. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Looks like you guys had a fun time racing!

27. 988723_10200284613589453_2080475011_n.jpg ........ya forgot this one, thanks for the pics;)

28. fullup12

fullup12
    from Red Oak,TX

I can't see your pic but it's behind the 57 in one of mine.

29. blt4speedsince79

blt4speedsince79

Had a blast as always made it to 4th round and broke out with an [email protected]. Didn't test the car after the gear swap and I couldn't hook up. Who knows how itd do with taller tires. And no problem on the free beer we do it every year making new friends is what it's all about

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. belair

belair

Love the way you drive that thing.