Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else have a ride that can't be bought?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Mar 30, 2010.

1. j hansen

j hansen

So true!I wanted a Ford 1933-34 3W coupe for at least 30 years now,but never had the money one must have.

2. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks again for the ongoing stories of dedication to cars that mean more than money. I know there are many out there that only feel they are a chunk of metal to be bought and sold to make money on, but those aren't the cars for this thread.

Sure glad I started this thread when I see the cool rides that become treasures to their owners!

3. Very cool I have a '62 that was my dads that I plan to get to one day. Can't tell from the angle on the pictures but is yours an 88 or 109? I have a 109 series II pickup.

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

It's time to repost hoping to catch the attention and cool car stories of the new members who keep finding the Hamb.

Kinda cool to be happy with a car for so many years and not even have a disire to look for another. Just like finding the right woman.

5. MY EYES MYEYES! OOOO THE PAIN!!!! take the bad thing away!!!!!

6. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

There was a real nice hand built 32 at the Oakland Car Show one year and a guy I knew really liked the 32 and went over and started talking to the owner and he asked if the car was For Sale and the guy kind of looked at him funny and made a comment that everything is for sale for the right price.

The guy who liked the car looked him in the eyes and said what would the right price be? After thinking about it the owner said the right price would be $102,000 thousand dollars thinking this will scare the guy away.

Long story short the guy took out his check book and asked the guy how he spells his name and he wrote him out a check for the full amount.

The poor guy looked like he was going to have a heart attack at any second when he realized he had just sold his car.

Once the check cleared the car was shipped to the new owner.

You never know when the person you are taking to is worth in excess of 800 million dollars and loves old cars.

True story. Jimbo

7. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Ya know something Jimbo? Maybe I should retitle this thread "Anyone have a car that can't be bought easily" But I've done that same thing thinking I had a car priced out of range and still hoped nobody would meet the price. So far, so good. I think?

8. Old Dude

Old Dude

My '39 Chevy. is not for sale for any money. I bought it in July 1978, and it has been restored 5 times, 4 times my my-self and my son. He is 51 now, and it is going to be passed on to him. Always Garaged. He rebuilt the '65, 327--202 heads back in Fall of 1980. Today he is still a Gear-head, but is into Harleys' now. I raised him with a wrench in his hand, and taught him how to do body Work, and he takes that very serious also.

Attached Files:

• 893.jpg
      893.jpg
      File size:
      513.9 KB
      Views:
    • 887.jpg
      887.jpg
      File size:
      507 KB
      Views:
    • 926.jpg
      926.jpg
      File size:
      488.3 KB
      Views:
    • 890.jpg
      890.jpg
      File size:
      488.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks Old Dude for knowing exactly where I'm coming from.

Banner ride!

10. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our car means way to much to us to ever sell it. We became good friends with Pork Zartman and the S&S Race Team because of it. This is Pork under the wheel at Indy celebrating his 45th anniversary of winning the Nationals. Just the fact that he drove it means everything to us.[​IMG]

11. I could never sell my wagon, its very O/T for here, but I love it. My Dad had one when I was real little, and I rode along for my first ever burnout and donuts in that car, and I was real bummed when I was little when the engine blew up and he scrapped her...

When I was older I wasnt into them, becuase they are alittle ugly.. but he convinced me. I was in the market for another mustang, and ended up with the wagon. Now I love it, I drive it every day, its made it through snow storms, stupid mistakes, street racing, drag racing, and its got me in trouble many times. I've had it 5 years, and I hope to have it 60 more.

12. buggy5872

buggy5872

I could never sell Big Bertha. My 1957 chevy 5700 LCf crew cab. I had dreamed of building this truck for years and the time I have in fabricating parts is astounding. Its not a show piece because I built it to tow the family 5th wheel. I've turned down 6 figures multiple times. I do not need the money. I am so attached to it from the build to the memories of time with my wife and kids in the short 2 years whe have been running it. If I was down on my luck and needed money, I have a garage full of toys that would have to go before this one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Aviator

Aviator

There's never been a horse that could not be rode.
    A rider that has never been throwed.
    A car that could not be bought or sold.
    But I'm keeping my '34 as others are told.

14. Hyde_Auto_Body

Hyde_Auto_Body

Yep, my '64 Chevelle. I've had it since 1984. It was a $350.00 piece of crap. I was still in high school at the time. It's been painted three times with the last time being in '97. It's got a 468 BBC with nitrous and has ran a best of 10.76@131 on 9" slicks.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      406.5 KB
      Views:
  15. Holy crap I almost pissed my self that's FUNNY!!!!!!!!!:D

16. Everything I have can be bought, even my late father's cars. It depends on the situation, I'm not stupid enough to claim it cannot be bought, when in reality, if a family member was sick and we needed the money, the cars would be gone.

Yes, I have cars that I will try my hardest to avoid selling, but push comes to shove, people are more important than cars. So if I don't NEED the money, no I'm not selling, regardless of price.

17. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

ive had my 26 coupe for 16yrs and u can by it from my family after i am dead...............

18. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I have some that probably couldnt be sold.

19. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

The car on the left,I had a gent ask if it was for sale. I told him he didn't have enough money, he winked an said "Oh yes I do", I told him how I got the car and he winked again and said "Your right, I don't"

Attached Files:

20. 8flat

8flat

That is pretty wild....can't imagine the work that took, good job. I have a '56 6100, brakes are bad and parts are hard to find, what did you use?

21. towithome

towithome
    from oregun

[​IMG]
    This van just gets it done for me. I've got others that can be duplicated fairly easily, this 1 can't.

22. canarydeuce

canarydeuce
    from Indy

Sadly, Deuce Roadster passed away this year, so I suppose it will be "sooner" for his two exceptional rides :(

23. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not a car but a bike, Can't imagine ever selling my 1975 Triumph Trident, best looking bike I've ever seen and I've owned it since 1977.

24. 51_special

51_special

My 1951 buick 2 door sedan. Had a 64 Riv I was forced to sell to keep food on the table but now I got this sexy thing. Its got a lot of work ahead of it to get it to be what I want but the vision in my head of it finished is something of sweet perfection. Just imagine it with a 3 inch drop, 55 Oldsmobile headlights, 51 Kaiser taillights, nosed, decked, rounded top rear door corners, rounded hood corners, paint and interior, man i t gets me all hot and bothered just thinking of it! If there are any HAMB members around the Temecula,CA area let me know I would love to cruise! With any luck I can get it finished in a decent amount of time especially with the help and guidance of the great members of this HAMB family!

Attached Files:

25. Old Wizzard

Old Wizzard

oh yeah !

26. Old Wizzard

Old Wizzard

Nice Op Ed Piece . Pin-Ups Speed Shop .

27. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

I've got one that will never be sold as long as I'm alive, and hopefully my boys will feel the same about it after I'm gone... It's a "OT" car, but it's the first new car my dad ever bought, and also the first car I ever rode in.... It's a 4bbl 351 Cleveland, 4 speed car and only has 43,000 on the clock...

28. when people ask how much my car my car is worth i just tell them its priceless. that stops all the questions on buying it.

29. buggy5872

buggy5872

I used a chassis from a 2003 gmc w4500/isuzu NPR. Check out the build thread. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=557184

30. blucarspeed

blucarspeed
    from oregon

the pic ought to say it all

Attached Files: