Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chop shop in CA busted...58 returned overhauled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasDart, Aug 12, 2013.

1. sololobo

sololobo

cool news, wish more of these creeps were caught. Thankful for this bust. ~sololobo~

2. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

i bet since he was almost done , it was gonna be returned to him as a surprise !
    he were'nt gonna keep it

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One wonders how many cars the guy stole, redid and sold in that time frame.

It sounds like the buy a hulk with a title, find a matching car to steal and redo while swapping the vin plates and sell it thing. Hopefully that will put him out of business.

4. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

He should be appreciative that he got his car back, wheels and paint can be changed easily. I actually like the way it looks with the white paint and the green top. I can do without the homo hundred spokes. That's a great story either way.

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ehhh... he has every right to be really pissed off.

6. What a bastard! I am glad the one guy got his car back. Hopefully he has the money and the sense to get classic car insurance on his ride...or sell it and buy another one that looks the way his did before it got stolen.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Yep. Part of the criminal's sentence should be putting it back to stock. Even then it will never be an original black on black car again.

8. Must have been resolved, he was posting recently.

9. fordsum

fordsum
    from SO CA

Greed and no morals is a bad thing….. The chop shop guy has the skills and the know how to paint, repair cars. He could have had an honest business where he could have had a life time customers something that could be passed on to his kids, he could have had weekend classes teaching home car builders added skills, but he had to Vuck it off by being a thief. LOW LIFES BASTERS

10. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

fordsum, one word: drugs

11. wallyringo

wallyringo

this asshole wasn't running a chop shop he was stealing cool cars and making them his own. What a dumbass.

12. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

Tie em to the car and drag em !!!!

13. locorider

locorider

He's pissed coz they changed the color from triple black to white and green... nothing to do with it being a lowrider.

100 Spokes? you must be a blind! them are stocks on that car...

14. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

I have a 38 Chev that he can restore and give it back????????? LOL

15. afaulk

afaulk

LMAO, this reminds me of the owner of a stereo shop in CA who had his car stolen. The thief brought it to the owners shop to have a high dollar system installed. The owner installed the stereo, collected payment and then the police stepped out of a back room and arrested the fool. Once in a while the good guys win!

16. The owner of the '58 is my neighbor. He is not the original owner but has owned it since he was 18..He is in his 70's now. The car was black with black and white interior and a white top before it was stolen. It is now white with a green top and green & white interior..They even added power windows. The owner said he no longer wants the car because he is too old and it would take too long to put it back to the way he had it. He is a retired body/paint guy..

17. TexasDart

TexasDart

Glad he got his car back..shame it's not the way he wants it. Tell him to sell it and maybe buy a finished car the way he would like it. Maybe he can find him a black one...just like he had it back in the day...maybe even better.

18. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Wow great to hear they got their cars back and in better shape !!! As fare as the piece of crap I'm glad they caught him ! I hope they prosecute him to the fullest . I had a car stolen a long long time a go and i was not so lucky

19. Root Down

Root Down
    from Flint, MI

Wish my 86 Regal would find its way back to me like this!

20. Sounds like he technically never go this car back, it was an all black car when stolen. Now it has that awful white and green look to it.. Better than nothing, but when you've owned the car for this long because you loved it , it just ain't the same!

21. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Yup I agree but a least he got it back :cool:

22. oldpaint

oldpaint

He's just lucky he got it back. If he would have had it insured the insurance company would own it now. At least he can sell it and do something good with the money, Maybe help out the his other grandkids.

23. fsae0607

fsae0607

That's what I heard on the news when I first saw it. Maybe they misquoted him?

24. Root Down

Root Down
    from Flint, MI

True. What if it was unrestored for a reason.

25. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Cool that the guy got his ride back - same thing happened here in Canada a number of years ago with an early Mustang rust bucket - the guy got back a nicely restored car. In this case the car had somehow changed hands two or three times since the theft so someone got burned but it turned out lucky for the original owner.

26. seatex

seatex

The guy should thank his lucky stars he got it back, lowrider or not!

27. Same sorta thing happened up here but no cars were stolen. A guy bought a car without registration (title) He completely restored the car then went to register it, he had the DMV do a search for him, they contacted the "registered" owner and he said he wanted his car back. Turns out he had it stored at a place and he stopped paying the storage fee. The owners of the property houned him to pay the storage fees and then they couldnt find him cuz he moved. They sold the car as "parts" with no registration papers. The guy who restored the car had the police and the registered owner knock on his door and the guy drove his restored car away

-Shiny

28. If someone would actually steal that from you you should thank them for doing you a favor and go buy something more Hamb-friendly.

29. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Haha, I had a buddy that had a OT car stolen around the Dallas area. It was MIA for about 4 months. He gets a call one night that it was seized in a drug raid, and he needs to come get it.

When he got to it, it had about another 15K in quality wheels and stereo equipment installed.

I think in the end he was fairly happy with the unscheduled loaning of his car!

30. 5DeuceSled

5DeuceSled

Would be nice for my 52 Fleetline to get stolen and come back with an LS1, new interior and a 4link!