Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Is it worth the trip?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MarioLicata, Oct 4, 2013.

1. MarioLicata

MarioLicata
    from New Jersey

2. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

Never been there. That's a lot of hub caps. Don't know where you are in Jersey but there's the Hub-Cap Place on Rt 70 in Southampton. I remember passing it on the way to the shore.. I assume it's still there.

3. 40,000 PLUS HUBCAPS & LARGE AMOUNT 1957 CHEVY & OTHER VINTAGE GM CAR PARTS

I am offering a large amount of hubcaps and parts previously from the collection of East Coast Auto enthusiast, Barry Stevens. There are at least 40,000 hubcaps, a lot of 1957 chevy parts and also a fair selection of 50's, 60's and 70's parts mostly from GM vehicles. We are offering the entire collection or are willing to piece out specific parts. We are offering this entire warehouse full of parts for the price of just the hubcaps at 2.00 a piece .

Lets see,,he wants $120,000 for everything.

This guys math skills obviously suck,where I went to school 40,000 x 2 equals 80,000. HRP

4. It's the "new math" we heard so much about in school. lol

5. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

I think he has other stuff besides hubcaps.. hence the 120k

6. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

Funny, I just realized that I am right by the Hub-Cap place in Southampton (Just moved to Mt Holly). What are you looking for? I can stop and take a look for you.

7. We are offering this entire warehouse full of parts for the price of just the hubcaps at 2.00 a piece

Read my friend. HRP

8. I took new math back in the day,,you could be right. HRP

9. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

"or" just the hubcaps... I assumed it was a typo.. and I'm not your friend... I don't even know you.

10. oldolds

oldolds

I knew Barry quite well. He had a lot of stuff! He was "The Hubcap Guy".

I never saw his collection, just was told to come look sometime. The C thing got him before I took the time to visit. He had been buying for a lifetime.

He had a few early Vettes. tri 5 Chevys, and muscle cars. He told me about having original Vette knock-off new in the box. multi carb set-ups ect. I never really heard him say anything about flathead parts. It might be a good thing to take a look at.

I doubt the cars are included in that price.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  11. MarioLicata

MarioLicata
    from New Jersey

Appreciate the feedback guys! @Herbet: I will check out the place in South Hampton. I am from the Morristown area, so I will check to see how far the ride is. Based on the pictures I feel like their might be some good stuff there. I am just hoping that the ride is "worth" it.

12. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Take your '51 and I'm sure the "ride" will be worth it.

13. Herbert,you know what assume means don't you?

Being somewhat of a curmudgeon I was trying out this new politically correctness I keep hearing about which in this case didn't work!:mad:

I should have said."Hey Richard Cranium ,Can't you read?" :D HRP

14. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

You'll be his friend eventually. Everyone loves HRP.