Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Looking for a little history on my 40 ford coupe..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chuck hole, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Chuck hole

Chuck hole

I've often wondered if my car could talk, what kind of story would it tell? I've owned this car for about a year, I got it from a guy in the Body Snatchers car club out of Laurel/Billings Montana.

He obtained it at an auction in Wyoming. He told me the car was a local Wyoming car at least back to sometime in the 70's. Here is a picture taken on the day it was sold in Wyoming. The auction company did a scuff and spray before the sale. It was the stock dark green lacquer until then.

It's sort of a shot in the dark but I would love to know more of the cars story.

Attached Files:

2. Chuck hole

Chuck hole

Come on now, don't jinx it.

3. Sorry, yesterday I was in a bad mood....:)

I hope you find out more about your car, I will even give this thread a bump..

4. Chuck hole

Chuck hole

Cool, thanks. I know its pretty far fetched, but I thought I give it a try.

5. Fred A

Fred A
    from Encino, CA
    1. Upholstery

Kinda stingy with the details. All we get are the state and previous color. I've had three previous forties and am always looking for one of them to show up somewhere. Two of my previous cars had Olds engine and one a small block. Selling another this week with an 8BA. Still not enough to help either of us. If you really mean to find out some history you might share more details. Good Luck: Fred A