Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 39 ford Gold ....who owns it/Paint code

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zipperhead, Sep 29, 2013.

1. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Hi ..Looking for the owner of this 39 ford and what the color/paint code is? Appreciate any info.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Sure is a nice colour.

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Sure looks like the gold my daughter's 2001 Focus is painted. Everyone knows when she is coming and going! A striking color. She calls it "The Gold Nugget", so does everyone else.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Pasadena...I think it may be close..thanks for the input..

5. papajohn

papajohn

I have heard that called Apache Gold. I think it was an early 70's GM color. Also, check out the Jeep Wrangler from early 2000's, they had a nice gold.

6. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Thanks papajohn. Also looks like 2003 GM Myan gold. Would sure like to confirm with owner of that car as pics can be deceiving.

7. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

still searching

8. metlmunchr

metlmunchr

Could be wrong, but I don't think that's any factory paint color.

Look at Pagan Gold over silver base in the first group of colors at http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_urethanes.jsp

Pagan Gold is a color that's been around for 40 years or more and is one of the classic show car and bike colors. Its a candy color and as tough as they come to get laid down with even color and no light or dark areas, but when its done right its a real eye catcher.

You can look at the bottom of the same page for examples of the same color sprayed over various other base colors to get an idea of just how much the base color affects the finished product.

9. where did you get the photo? HRP

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Are these similar?
    I would love to have the code to the Gold pickup, anyway, here's a bump for ya!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  11. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Damn that looks bang on metalmunchr. Thanks for the info.

HRP

Got the pic off the Hamb probably a year plus ago..never thought to save the link..just the photo as it caught my eye.

12. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Thanks bigrat...coupe looks close...pickup a lot darker in that pic but I do like it very much.

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That photo came from another thread here on the Hamb.

For the life of me I can't remember where. It was posted by a member as a long term unfinished project that just has not gotten the attention it needs because of being busy.

If I remember correctly it belongs to one of our resident metalmasters or builders.

14. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Agreed Blue One.... for the life of me,I can't seem to locate it after countless searches....it could be included anywhere....

15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Fact is, the color you have fallen in love with, if you are working from the photo, is probably far different on the car in the light in person. Not likely any photo on the net reflects anywhere near the true color.
    Find a Gold Nugget Focus...if you like it it is the color you want!

16. Aquaroscoe

Aquaroscoe

Don't laugh. It kinda looks like the color of the project copperhead truck that stacy david did on trucks/gearz way back when

17. where you have the picture stored Try right clicking on the pic and go to properties it should give you the date when you downloaded it and maybe some info on where it was you found it. At least the date will give you a starting point. In properties go into details and see what you find

18. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not too sure of 39's color but talked to owner of the pickup and he said it is a custom mix. The closest I found was a DuPont Hot Hues color called Pacific Gold when I tried to match it. Another high end pickup that looks similar was painted with that color. If you google "George Poteet Pacific gold pickup"you will see the truck I mean.

19. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Big George, unfortunately I have an IPad...not stored on PC....

Thanks for the input guys!