Register now to get rid of these ads!

Feeling the "RUSH" of Car Movies...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 1, 2013.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I went to the movies a couple of weeks ago and noticed the exact same thing. Way too loud for my taste.

I have not seen Rush yet but will soon AND now I'm really, really looking forward to it.

2. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

3. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Coupe, I'll let you know. The gang is doing the early show tomorrow (10-2)

4. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

Snake & Mongoose is well worth seeing. You have to keep in mind that it is a low budget independent film. And for what it is, it was great. The cars were top notch, the acting was good, and the racing scenes were mostly from the NHRA archives. If I had any complaint about the film, I would say that while the soundtrack was made with music of the era, they could have done a better job with the selection. Maybe it was a money thing. Still, for the feel of Drag Racing in the 1960's I give it a 9 out of ten. And the radio spots in the movie were great.

5. seatex

seatex

The "Dick Trickle Story"...............................

6. Like I said-some folks would have some better ideas-I agree !!

7. Went to see RUSH last night and I love cars but F1 not so much, but the movie was great !! really impressed and yes I now think Nikki Lauda is cooler than before !! I had been told about a bit of the Research Ron Howard had been doing before filming commenced and I think he nailed it , signs , haircuts , no fake females parts :D

Go and see it , well worth the few bucks , H

8. Rob3865

Rob3865

Maybe you should send this little ditty to every movie production company you can think of.

9. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is an excellent book on the 1976 F1 season: Rush to Glory by Tom Rubython. I believe this book is the basis for the movie. The movie tells the story pretty well, but the book is a much better teller of the intense competition between Lauda and Hunt. I got my copy (paperback) on Amazon for about $10.

(o{}o)

10. choprodinc

choprodinc

The movie is definitely worth seeing. Great story line, good acting, racing scenes could have been a little longer but one of the best car movies ever made... in my opinion. I'm like everyone else, I'd like to see another Am. Graffitti, Hollywood Knights, Two Lane Blacktop, Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry type movie, but I will take what I can get. I'm just glad to see Hollywood realizing the importance of cars. Jack Reacher, Drive Angry and others are all car movies in my opinion and I'm glad to watch!

11. powrshftr

powrshftr

Just saw it tonight,and I have to say,I have never seen a racing themed movie that got less Hollywood-ized.
    It was an excellent film from start to finish,and even my non-race fan Wife and Daughter really enjoyed it.
    My Son and I were loving it!Well worth going to see at the theater instead of waiting for it to go to DVD.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Exceptional movie

13. Hey, I've seen some of that live and in real time. Used to watch him and his mustang on Thursday evenings back in the early 70s at State Park Speedway.

14. I dig that Ron Howard pic! On the set of American Graffiti!

Also... a movie about Mickey Thompson would rule.

He is by far the worlds greatest hot rodder... ever.

Sam

15. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I agree. I liked his no BS approach. That hitchhiking scene was also cool

16. frank spittle

frank spittle

Here is the link to the Ayrton Senna documentary. It is the best I have ever seen. It is 1 hr 45 minutes long so watch about 10 minutes now and the rest later....if you can stop. It IS that good even if you are not a racing fan. It would make a great movie but you get to see the real deal. The producer did a magnificent job capturing this amazing man's life....right to the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQgMHsuAIIk&feature=related

17. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

Ron Howard has produced some great movies and I hope to see this one as well

18. aircap

aircap

Went to see RUSH this afternoon. Bought a ticket at matinee time.... I was the ONLY person in the whole theater. It's a darn good flick - just the right tone from Ron Howard, I think. It's about the relationship between Hunt and Lauda, of course - and the racing is great. I remember this era of F1, and I distinctly remember Lauda. As for realism, Niki looked worse after the fire than depicted in the film. Too bad they didn't get some cameos from some of the other folks of the era, just for fun. They got the music right! And there were some clever yucks throughout. Thumbs up from me!

19. Saw the movie a couple of days ago. I thought it was a great film! The F1 sound effects were awesome.