Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest RIP Skatefink

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hrm2k, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh no, I'm really sad about this. I never met him but felt like I knew him just because of the HAMB.

2. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Sorry to hear about Skatefink, thoughts and prayers for the family. Ray...

3. As of Monday, 9/23/13, services for Pat are still pending.

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I found out Friday and im still in shock , pat and I meet on here , and we hit it off from the start , mainly always chatting about wagons, the first time we meet in person was at the greaseball , we chatted for two hours , what a great guy , so sad to see him gone ,

5. Curt Six

Curt Six

The first time I met Pat in person was at Scary Larry's surprise birthday a few years back. I had my little boy with me, and Pat seemed to really get a kick out of watching him play with his Hot Wheels (my son always has a few on hand). A week later a box showed up at my house totally filled with Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, and with a really cool note from Pat attached. Can't say anything that hasn't already been said...just a monumental loss.
    Curt

6. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

7. So sorry! RIP

8. I just spoke with Erin Maphis. Pat (Skate Fink) was cremated on Monday and "he is now home" with her. He had already laid out his own final plans with Erin. He obviously knew, or thought, that he was going to be passing away soon. His one-of-a-kind and valuable skate boards are being donated to the National Skate Board Museum in California and November 11th will be PAT MAPHIS DAY at the museum. He told Erin to "call Lyle to take care of the built model cars". She will be having a memorial service for Pat, sometime in November. She does not have a specific date or location yet, but she will let us know. She needs time for it to all sink in and accept the reality of her loss.

Lyle

9. My condolences to all of Pat's family and friends.

10. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

I never met him but, thanks to the HAMB, I got to know him some and corresponded thru it with him. Rest in peace, Brother...

Joel

11. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Another HAMB friend, never met in person but very sad to hear.

12. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Thanks lyle for the update I was looking for a obit this morning and didnt find one. When you find out about november please keep me in mind .
    :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Condolences to his family- (((((((((((((((big hug from tuck))))))))))))))))))))))))
    I feel like I knew him only I never got a chance to meet him- brings back memories of the "old hamb" and art shows- damn...
    Tuck

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  14. Gasser57

Gasser57

A few years back, he bought my 63 Impala wagon, which he named IZZY. We stayed in touch ever since, sharing stories and talking cars. Earlier this year, he sent me the coolest vintage Mercury skateboard, out of the blue, just because he was that kind of guy. He was one of the coolest. I'll truly miss him. His family is in my thoughts...

15. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

RIP, Pat.
    "met " him here on the HAMB, and was lucky enough to enjoy his company in person quite a few times. Great guy, he'll be missed!

17. I will miss seeing him at the gate at the Jalopy Show down and all the other shows. Prayers to his family.

18. TINGLER

TINGLER

I just found this out today. I haven't been on the HAMB much lately. I feel so bad that I missed hearing about this. Skate Fink, I miss you. Rest easy brother.

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The Jalopy Showdown this weekend certainly won't be the same without Pat there and his awesome hugs. I sure hope Erin attends so I can offer my heartfelt condolences in person. Also, perhaps a moment of silence at the drivers meeting in honor of Pat might be fitting??

Last edited: May 14, 2014