Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lambrecht Auction pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Sep 30, 2013.

1. frank spittle

frank spittle

I was surprised to find not much results on the net. One article stated 2 million in sales on day 1 with at least 20,000 people. The day 2 cars were the least valuable cars but it will be interesting to see the total sales.

2. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

Thanks for posting the photos and you have a really nice camper. I might have to find one.

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

they were broadcasting the auction m ore or less live, not filming for top gear. they've been re airing it already. I had relatives that live near by calling me all morning the first day about how ridiculous the roads were jammed with people.

Thanks for posting the photos :)

4. I was there Friday to dream a little. Some stuff could be really nice it was sad to see some of these "NEW" cars that had rotted away to nothing.

5. 1badbaker

1badbaker

Thanks for the pictures and the updates, nice camper as well..

6. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Thanks for the photos and perspective. I really dig your camper.

7. Love your camper Gary! Wife thought the kitchen/dining area was spot on.

8. Those wings on the camper are priceless!

9. thanks for posting and the picture taking....hope it was good camping weather....

10. Great pics, wish I coulda been there myself. Did you see any good deals go down? I watched it on tv and with all the hype, it sure looked like quite a few of the winning bidders took it in the shorts.

11. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

12. Why would they take it in the shorts if they were bidding freely?!?!?!??!?!?!??!:rolleyes: It is not like the ringman had a gun to their heads!:eek:

13. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

I just can't see the value in the Cameo. What would you do with it? If you fix the roof, it's no longer original. I can't see spending that much to stick it in a museum just because it has no miles on it. I see stupid money spent every year at Barrett Jackson, but this one makes the least amount of sense to me.

14. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Thanks for sharing Gary; really good stuff there. That Mercury wagon would look real nice towing the Shasta.

15. MODELA30

MODELA30

THEY MUST HAVE SERVED COLD BEER FOR BREAKFAST. THOSE PRICES ARE DRUNK HIGH. Knuck From Indiana.

16. Some of the proceeds are going to Wounded Warrior Fund. Looks like a bunch of bidders got what they wanted for their money and a bunch of soldier and their families will get what they need and the Lambrecht family gets my gratitude. Being there was pretty coo, only took 40 minute up and 40 back home. well worth it. I got lots of shots too but these tell the story well, thanks for the post!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  17. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Do you mean the proceeds on everything are going to charity? First I've heard of that. I'm surprised it wasn't hyped more - I watched the live feed most of Sunday and didn't hear it. Should solve their tax issues, at least.

18. morepwr

morepwr
    from socal

I appreciate you posting those pics so we could get a better view of the "show".

19. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Thanks for adding this

HaHa thats exactly why I got so many pics of it. My post on FB says "This wagon was SCREAMING at me to pull my camper" It would be perfect

That is so cool. I never heard any of this

Feel free to post your pics here if you want. Id like to see them

20. tractorguy

tractorguy

Wait.......with all the months of endless hype on this auction, never once was there a mention of ANY of the proceeds going to Wounded Warrior Project......do you have a credible source for that information ???

21. I wish I'd taken a picture of the huge sign for proof but I didn't. Hope someone else did. I will amend my comment by saying that the sign mentioned proceeds going to Wounded Warriors just in case my facts are wrong. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm not making it up. It is possible that I was confusing it with a campaign currently under way by Proxy Bid and that the sign, which , admittedly, I just glanced at briefly, was in reference to this:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...id-Provide-Online-Bidding-Operation-Long-Road

Proxy Bid was present at the auction and handled on line bidding so one way or another, the soldiers will benefit. I'lm removing the part about the family' in my first reply.

hot-rod roadster, forgot to say thanks for posting these great shots.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  22. Why? This 57 4-door sold for $37,500 not running, with 47,000 miles on it and no telling what the floors look like. Even if they were pleased as punch with their purchase, any reasonable man would agree they got took.
    Looking at some of the later results though it looks like there were some deals to be had after the initial frenzy died down. Sure woulda loved to get that brand new, baby blue 1960 Chevy Apache pickup but at $46,000 out of my league.

[​IMG]

23. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

if they donate funds , it will be a nice tax writeoff

24. tractorguy

tractorguy

Ok......your link is for an upcoming auction 20 Oct.......for an auction by Knowles Auction Co......benefiting Operation Long Road Home.
    Don't think that has anything to do with an auction held 28-29 Sept.......by Vanderbrink Auction Co........benefiting the family and future heirs of Mr. Mrs. Ray Lambrecht.

25. tractorguy

tractorguy

So ......you have $2 million in proceeds from an auction......and you have a tax rate of 50 %.....you still net $1 million. If you give the entire $2 million in proceeds to Wounded Warrior .....you net ZERO......explain what I am missing.

26. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Nice Shasta! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

27. ph8ed4life

ph8ed4life
    from AZ

Anyone have any idea what the 49-50 mercury sedans sold for?

Thank you for all these great pics!!!

28. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

Black one went for $7,000, had terrible floors and a few other issues. White one went for $7,500. I bid on both but didn't get them. Stupid money for condition they were in if you asked me but what are they worth? What we are willing to pay, I guess.

29. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

$37,500 for that 57?

LMAO

I have some ocean front property in Oklahoma for that guy

30. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Thanks for the photos. Did anyone take any photos, (or look at), of the underside of the Cameo, or any of the other new mid - late 50's Chevy trucks? I'm trying to find out what color the underside of my 55 Cameo's cab is supposed to be.

Attached Files: