Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lambrecht Auction pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot-rod roadster, Sep 30, 2013.

1. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Took my little Shasta camper up to Gavins Point Dam about 50 miles north of Pierce Ne. and about the closet place you could find to stay for the weekend.
    Went down Friday to Pierce for the viewing and to fight the crowds.
    From what I could see considering the amount of people it was extremely well organized and set up.
    Spent about 4 hours there looking at cars and was completely amazed and so glad I went. A truly once in a lifetime experience. There was some junk and kind of hard to believe that these new cars weren't better preserved in storage buildings but it is what it is and with some elbow grease and patience some of these could still be very nice vehicles.
    All the mid 60's trucks in these pics were new with less than 10 miles. Most of the interiors still look good and none of them ever appeared to have the wood installed in the beds. Same with the Corvairs and that crazy cool Corvair Van All New! The 58 Cameo pickup was really nice but $143,000 nice. Not in my book. I would have gladly taken one of those mid 60's trucks or my other favorite was a blue 62 Impala 327 4 speed car with 75,000 miles. I didn't see any of the auction so other than the Cameo truck and that pedal car that sold for $16,500 I didn't see what kinda prices stuff brought. Some of the last pics are a couple things around town that we saw for sale. Everything in a 20 mile radius had a For Sale sign on it.
    Oh and we did see Rutledge haha. Gary

Attached Files:

2. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

more stuff

Attached Files:

3. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

aaaaannnnd more

Attached Files:

4. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

i got a little camera happy

Attached Files:

5. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

That's Tanner Foust behind Rutledge too, holding the History channel mike.. Probably filming an episode of Top Gear. But we don't do TV here.. :)

It does truly look like a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Thanks for sharing!

6. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

The green 64 wagon was i think one of the cleanest cars up there. It was also new. The aqua 65 Impala was also very nice. Gary

Attached Files:

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

getting close to the end

Attached Files:

8. Ole don

Ole don

Thank you for the update. It sounds like you had a good weekend and saw one of the coolest auctions ever.

9. Thanks for taking the time Gary!

10. Model T1

Model T1

---------------^^^^^ Yes, thank you very much. Those vehicles didn't look too bad at all. But up close and personal they may be a different story. Anyway thanks.

11. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

these were just a few of the cars sitting around town F/S. The Mercury wagon drove me crazy. Gary

Attached Files:

12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like this wagon.

13. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

The Merc has blue dots.

Like someone else said, it would be a shame not to restore that Chevelle. Word was the buyer was going to part it out.

Cool pics.

14. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

It was so cool, and yes we did see Tanner also. Should be an episode on an upcoming Top Gear

Yep whole thing worked out good. Great weekend for camping also

Yup, it was fun

The vehicles were in all kinds of different shape, but there was some nice stuff there

Yeah this wagon was one of the cleanest there. I think I heard it sold for $30,000

15. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

This was our camping spot for the weekend. The Wiegand area on the Nebraska side of the lake. Very nice campgrounds and lake. Gary

Attached Files:

16. Squablow

Squablow

Thanks for the pics, and for the story.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  17. Thumper

Thumper

My wife would had went nuts over the 70 Monte Carlo....and the 69 Chevelle SS...I'm glad we live so far away.

18. flatford39

flatford39

That 65 Impala appears to have a big block in it. Nice car to cruise in.

19. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

Thanks for sharing, this is the olny way for me to be informed of this kind of stuff.
    Is there a listing of the prices the cars sold for? I can't imagine paying $16 grand for a pedal car, not even my '40 is close to that price...

20. Great pictures. By the time I took mine it was hard to get within 5 feet of any vehicle. We too had a good time just being around old cars. I thought the green 66 Belair 4 door ($14,500) and the 64 Belair wagon ($30,000) were two of the better cars there. The 58 Apache ($80,000) was also nice. It would take a better imagination than mine to appreciate the 58 Cameo.
    Guess we could have had a small HAMB reunion Saturday.

21. Thanks for the pics.

22. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

That 6 cylinder truck with the mashed in roof sold for $143,000.00? Did anything sell for any amount even approaching reasonable?

I remember as a kid my mother telling me about a fool and his money

23. I saw coverage on tv, stuff sold for stupid money due to the crowd and frenzy

24. ugotd8

ugotd8
    from Denver

cool pics, thanks. I have that exact fridge. I think I'll put it on CL for $138,000. :-D

25. hot-rod roadster -

Thanks for sharing your pics!

The gentleman near the Cameo drivers door is the spitting image of fellow Hot Rodder Steve Moal:

Steve Moal @ Lambrecht Auction.jpg

... Hmmmm ????

26. Model T1

Model T1

A great camper and nice camping spot. That was worth the trip.:D Again, thanks.

27. F&J

F&J

Was thinking of posting just the same comment earlier...

sometimes a peaceful deserted place with a vintage camper, looks way better than a crowded auction.... make a burger and kick back;)

28. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I hope there are some stories on the internet about how some of these cars turn out after some TLC in the future. I find the whole thing very intriguing.

29. Model T1

Model T1

See, after all the bitchers and moaners are done the good comments come out how some of us actually enjoyed this even though we weren't there. The power of the HAMB!

30. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

It was a perfect way to make this weekend work. After the crowds and traffic it was really relaxing to go back to our campsite

I really think this thing was over exposed and hyped, to the point that a lot of negative comments came out before it even got started. I truly believe theres not a car guy out there that wouldn't have wanted to be there after seeing it in person. Definitely a once in a lifetime showing