Register now to get rid of these ads!

History A Stroll Thru A Private Junkyard (pic intensive)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TagMan, Sep 30, 2013.

1. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy, Ford Freak, arranged a visit to a private junkyard in the southern tier of NYS last October (2012-I'm just a little behind........ :eek:)

In any event, it was a beautiful ride down & back and a wonderful day in the woods. I hope you'll enjoy the pics as much as I enjoyed the day.

Sorry, but due to the Owner's request, I won't divulge the location of the yard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. InPrimer

InPrimer

Bob, good to see ya, I forgot that there are still yards in NY. See ya in the spring IP

3. scrubba

scrubba

A lovely stroll on a fall day.................. scrubba

4. He needs to make up a good story...call the auction company from Lambracht...and become a millionaire

5. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Thanks for sharing. If all you brought back were pics and no parts it's not a junkyard. Those cars are in a graveyard. Dust to dust.

6. Rust in peace.

7. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Those poor cars don't deserve that.....

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

what a waste - Thanks for pics.

9. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Cool pictures! Thanks.

10. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I wonder how long it took that wagon to fall around that barrel?

11. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

call now!

12. 1967gt

1967gt
    from ohio

13. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Thanks for showing us your pictures. I like visiting old car salvage yards.

14. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Good way to put iron into the soil. What a shame….

15. Buzznut

Buzznut

He'll get around to fixin' em up some day...isn't that what they all say? It's guys like this that have contributed to the flailing numbers of hot rodders. Had these cars been allowed to be bought and fixed up by those with the desire and resources, there would be that many more classic car enthusiasts on the road today. Hoarders don't help the hobby, they hinder it....

16. those are some cool photo(s) ...

thank you for sharing =)

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

No one can save them all and those are gone. Owner got what he wanted. Conversation pieces.

18. Buzznut

Buzznut

Agreed, but I'd be willing to bet that 10, 15, 20 years ago (when people were asking to buy them) 90% of those vehicles were either restorable or the majority of the parts were reusable.

19. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks for the stroll. Looks like some decent parts and projects there.
    Why can't others just enjoy the photos and stop telling people what to do with their junk? Chances are no one was willing to make a decent offer and every car can't be saved.
    I've passed by many collectable cars in junk yards and back yards. Yes, I wanted every one of them. Some were priced right and others not for sale.

20. reefer

reefer

Ain't that a sad sight.....I hope he decides to sell them before its too late......seeing some of the "saves" on here, they are all salvageable.

21. Buzznut

Buzznut

No, they're his....he can let them rot until they are part of the soil, that's acceptable and no one else should say any different. Sorry if I came off as a jerk wishing that people weren't so tight fisted that they hoard 100 times more than they could ever use or enjoy. My bad...

22. The Earth reclaiming its own. Ashes to ashes, rust to rust...

23. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

A lot of desirable Ford nine inch rears in the bunch.

24. I just think it's sad. Policy at my place; if you can't get it out of the rain, get rid of it. By the way, I also don't look at the rust-in-peace thread, which I guess is where these pics belong.

25. seeya32

seeya32
    from emporia,ks

Thanks for sharing your photos !!

26. Model T1

Model T1

Me too and if I can't get it under cover I don't buy it. That's limited the things I have bought and wanted over the years.
    But I do enjoy looking at rusty rotting vehicles and the rust in piece thread is interesting. Actually been a lot of cars saved because of it.

27. Pharouh

Pharouh

I like looking at old cars in their natural habitat. You can't save them all.

thanks for sharing the pics!

28. If a wagon falls around an oildrum, and there's no one around to hear it..Did it actually make a sound ???

29. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Easy, guys.........I just wanted to share the day, not start a f'ng war like every other post seems to do. I guess some people just like to stir the pot.

Yes, I bought some parts from the owner. His father started the yard in the late-40's or early 50's. The son (present owner) runs another business nearby and lets trusted and vouched-for people in to browse & buy.

30. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Bob - Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. What car guy doesn't love to see photos of vintage tin, even though they look like they've seen better days. And what better way to spend a day trolling through an old yard, even if we weren't there in person, the photos let us do it vicariously. Thanks again.