Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fall Carlisle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MT26, Sep 18, 2013.

1. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Anyone going to Fall Carlisle Oct 2-6? I have been to many Spring events but not the fall one. Is it worth going?

2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

It depends on what you're looking for. Not as much early stuff as Hershey will have the following week, but you never know. One thing's for sure....if you don't go, you definitely won't find anything there. I attend both Carlisle and Hershey.

3. chopped30

chopped30
    from ohio

I have been going to fall Carlisle for about 12 years and have always sold everything I take. I been to spring Carlisle about 4 years and have also done well. I have notice the crowd is different but both are good. Fall has always been better for me because there are a lot more people for all over the world. I think they do Carlisle and then Hershey. I will be there Wednesday with a neat load of stuff including a very nice 29 Model A Tudor body mounted on a new roller chassis with super bell dropped axle and all the neat stuff... Great winter project. Stop by ND39-42 ask for Ollie

4. 5window

5window

I agree. I'll be there then at Hershey the next week. Pretty cool that I live close enough to do both.

5. Going Wednesday. Like all multi-day events, if you want to find something specific , show up on opening day. By Saturday vendors make better deals but the stuff has been picked through.

6. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

We missed the first one but have been at all the rest. Things have changed over the years. Keep in mind that it was started for post war cars. Hershey, a week later was for the early cars. You need to do a lot more walking these days to find good items. Lots more clothes Etc. All in all it's a neat 4 or 5 days. Ol Dawg will be at spaces k68-k72. Drop by and say hi.

7. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I'll be at Fall Carlisle Wed- Sat Spaces I 168 and H 168 (back to back) Look for the HAMB Banner....need a break from walking or a spot to lay down your "finds" for a while you are welcome there. Sell DVD car movies and movie / pin up posters.
    Hershey? Hopefully when I retire from the real job I will be able to do both shows back to back weeks, but for now it's 20 shows a year till the vacation days run out

8. 5window

5window

I'll hit Herhsey the first day, and the last, but Carlisle's now mostly for cruising, picking up things I ordered and stick items lots of vendors will have. I'd rather go Saturday with friends than Wednesday by myself-the opposite of Hershey-there I've got ground to cover!

Over the years, my attire has evolved. Now it's hiking shoes, and special trekking undies, wick away T-shirts, light layers to be shed and a rainsuit.

Still looking for that Nunavut license plate that's not $200.

9. I'll be in IA 31 hopefully selling out all I brought ..... although Fall Carlisle is not as "big" shall we say as the Spring event, it's still pretty good - be there Wed until sometime on Sat. Stop by and say hey ....

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  10. 1lucky1

1lucky1
    from Morgan NJ

Going Friday, Listen for the cow bell! Lucky

11. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Here's the deal Lucky, when you work your way down toward the gate 7 at the far end of H or I row (near where the car corral spaces start) I'll listen for the cow bell...when I hear it I'll answer by clicking 2 cans of beer against each other !!
    Follow the sound and we'll have a cold one !!

12. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

I'll be there NG44 and45 stop by and buy all my stuff LOL Have lot's of different stuff lot's of tools, sheetmetal shear, break , pexto steaks stop by and say hay and rest

13. 54sled

54sled

See ya there

14. 69crewcab

69crewcab

I was there today (Friday) and haven't been to fall show in years.
    I must say being a ford guy and a Galaxie owner , fall Carlisle had nothing for me !
    I guess eBay and Craigslist killed off swap meets?
    Don't get me wrong the show is huge, but unless I needed Chevy stuff or lawn and garden or tools I was blanked

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I had been going forever, and then it just got to the point it wasn't worth the 4 hr ride.That was about 4 or 5 years go and I am mainly a Chevy guy,but I am into all brands.Just wasn't finding a lot I was looking for.The internet has surely put a hurting on it.