Register now to get rid of these ads!

drag week here we come

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 5, 2013.

1. TwinH

TwinH
    from Finland

racer-x, you have a great car! I think I spotted it in the rpm-magazine also.

followed dragweek online everyday of the week. Great event.

Jukka

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  2. thanks everyone for the kind words. i met several hambers there all good guys with cool cars. the gassers and hot rods sure stuck out in a event full of turbo ls cars.

3. I thought your car was FANTASTIC. Too bad the DW curse got you early. :)

4. since i have been back home i have been telling everyone how much fun i had. im also telling them dw is not for wimps. until i complete dw i wont consider myself hard core. i thought i was but i was wrong. i will bring extra spider and side gears to.

5. squirrel

squirrel

You have a dana 60 in there?

6. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

I watched the live feed all week, too. Really wish I could have been there- maybe some day...

Squirrel- Grats on the finish! I caught most of your runs and it was cool that the announcers pointed out the "cool facts" about your car.

racer-x -I was bummed when you broke even before I knew it was you at the tree.

Best of luck to you both if you plan on running next year. I won't make it by then, but MAYBE the year after? That's what I keep telling myself, hahaa!

7. its a dana with the original 23 spline count side gears. thats were the parts problem was. the 23 spline gears are very hard to find let alone to get them on very short notice. i have friends with some but they were at work and couldnt ship them over night in time. if i had 35 spline side gears a call to moser or strange and i would have been good as those are available. i might change over during the winter to avoid this situation in the future. congrats to all who finished. there is no rules on the kind of fuel you can use. i may show up next year with 50 percent in the tank running stack injectors. that would be fun. i have alot of seat time with that combo. it would be for the track portion only. some of my nitro friends and i have been toying with the idea of a duel fuel system for a while. i think it can be done.

8. ls7gto

ls7gto

I wish I would have known, I had a dana 60 carrier with 4.10s with me, as I have a strange dana 60 in my 64 GTO. I would have helped you out!

9. thanks but if it was a strange it would have 35 spline axles. i just pulled the guts out of the 60 to send them back to my friend in indy. i found a complete power lock for 150 dollars last week. to top it off it was a 4 series carrier. while the axles are out its time for a upgrade to 5/8 studs. i keep bending the 1/2 inchers every time it goes to the track. i still want to get a few shots at the track before the snow flies. around here thats any time late oct. i just bought a fast elect inj. set up with traction control. if any one needs a 8 deuce set up i have one for sale.

10. Willy_P

Willy_P

I just bought the January 2014 Hot Rod, and Jim made the cover - top right, and also on page 75. Nice new paint job!

11. squirrel

squirrel

thanks!

And did you notice Keith is on the cover too with his A, and Mike, Ron, and I are pictured standing around Mike's car right after the motor croaked...same page as the pic of my car inside.

12. Willy_P

Willy_P

Dang it I hate getting old.
    Yep, just like you said, the Mad Irishman photo is right there next to you on P75. I was so excited to see your 55 again, I got tunnel vision. The new paint is very cool.

13. goodturn

goodturn

I'm reading about DW 2013 in Hot Rod at this moment, and it's good to connect the cars to owners. For those who mentioned that DW is on their bucket list, just do it. I did in 2010 and it is one of those life time high lights that is hard to describe unless you've been there and done it. I'll go again when DW returns to the north east. This photo was taken at Pittsburgh Raceway on our 4th day out.

Attached Files:

14. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

We can"t wait to try again. We had the Henry J in 2011 and the Lark in 2013. Great people. Great experience. Harder than it looks