Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This could be very true. I never even thought of this as a possibility.

2. eppster

eppster

I've been to probably a dozen of these type auctions and usually the auctioneer throws out a high number and then keeps sliding down until he get's the first bid. With the high proxy bids she could throw out a high opening and if you wanted in the game you had to jump the bid ! Then the bidding fever jumped in , " I've travelled 100's of miles with my trailer and damn I'm going to buy something !!! " . I think it's called " Mass Hypnosis " , HA !?!

3. I'm guessing when they bought these local car and tractor dealers and banks they were not giving out free loans, cars and tractors like they wished the previous owners would have done. They must have quickly realized that to sell goods and services and make money you need to sell for more than you paid for the item or have in the service......They just became the people they once hated.

4. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Believe it or not, some items were passed yesterday. I was really surprised this truck didn't sell:
    [​IMG]
    Wouldn't the cab interchange with a pickup? Seems like it would be worth a bid just for parts.

5. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I do not understand any of the "no sales".

Maybe someone can explain.

6. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

When this was first announced I seriously thought about going. After all of the hype, etc. I changed my mind and am very glad of it.

My only regret is not being able to look the mid-late 50's Chevy trucks over really closely. I've been slowly rebuilding my 55 Cameo and it would help to research one that is all original to know what certain areas of it are supposed to look like. For example the color of the underside of the cab.

Attached Files:

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I think it had a online bid of around 5500.00 before the actual auction.

8. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Yes the cabs interchange. The replacement cab for my 55 Cameo is from a 1959 Chevy 60 Series grain truck......From Nebraska. :D

Attached Files:

9. towithome

towithome
    from oregun

This would only make sense if there were no other bidders. How do you explain the other idiot??

Hey, it's none of my business, just puts more money into circulation which should benefit the economy, sho can't hoyt.

10. fairline

fairline
    from NE Kansas

My friends went to "soybean field" I knew what it would be like I stayed home that history channel show was a complete joke only existing cause of the hype those dudes hosting were winging it big time

11. roughneck424

roughneck424

I was watching the live stream online. They mentioned at the beginning that there was a $350 minimum bid on all cars. You would think that would be easy enough on that truck?

12. Keep

Keep

I really did not want to comment in this thread, but Fred if you can find me some mid 60's c-10 for $3000 let me know! Up here they seem to start at $7000 for a rusted out cab!

If you want anything close to running its around $10,000 :(

13. ericknight

ericknight

Wow, the truck I posted about sold for 11k! Insane! https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDet...=17400669&title=1972-Chevrolet-1-2-ton-Pickup#

14. dexleo2

dexleo2

I went to the auction and being a local boy a (nebraska boy/Farmer) I couldn't believe the prices payed for the cars there. I was told by one of the people that lived in town that the Min scrap price was set at 350.00. I got home about 10:00pm and stayed up to watch the history channel show on the auction and I hate to say the "bean Field" was next to the resting home of many of the cars and if you look at google earth the area where the auction was was trees that they removed prior to the auction and that was why it was so muddy. The history show was a joke so was the auction in my opinion. Also if you where there they told you where the cars where going after they where purchased and very few only 2 that I heard where staying in nebraska

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

True, but would you have paid $18,000 for that '32 in the 1960's? That's what these people were doing. Overpaying for cars that should have gone for WAY less. I wasn't there, but as a former Psychology student, I was laughing at the way so many people can be pulled in by hype. Everyone who intended to buy something got played like a hillbilly fiddle.

My friend called me this morning and said my '79 Olds Cutlass, that I use when it rains, just went up in value 10 times. All I need is a Lambrecht dealer tag to slap on it's ass.

16. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Wonder who that bidder "o***e" is who's sending all those cars and trucks to Brazil?

17. http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4070062249.html
    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4066993631.html
    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4088306307.html
    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4081867832.html
    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/3987818445.html
    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4077079548.html
    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/3982897345.html
    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4030819760.html
    http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/4030279339.html

That's just in the OKC area...I'm sure there are more in this part of the country. Not a lot of love for them compared to earlier/later trucks, from what I've seen.

18. chubbie

chubbie

so..shapes what happened???? en eccentric man kept his trade ins and was in a strange way collecting cars that he liked (like a HAMBer) one of his storage sheds roof caved in on some of his fav. cars had a farm where he stored trade ins and used parts off for the business. (like a HAMBer would do) the time has come to sell so they hire a pro. Yvette...she is good at what she does. SHE can walk that 500 car lot and tell you what every car is and what options they have!! SHE is a car guy!!!! she set this thing up so it would work...yes i was there!! No this wasn't dadies business as said above. This is HER business, her husband is an auctioner her brothers are into the family auto salvage. people came from every corner to the auction and prices were high for the average car, way to high for the average guy (me) the TV program was a disaster because of the dumb ass on the stage. the top gear guys were cool!!!

and what you think of the people involved????? YOU SHOULD MAKE THEM HONORARY HAMBers!! Yvette is a HAMB member!! any one that is able to keep 496 cars from the crusher for 50 years is a saint!!!!!!!!!! ~400 cars were HAMB friendly so.....so please tell me where the crime is! who did the dirty on the car culture????? please tell me because i want to be a GOOD HAMBer like the rest of you

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Check the Houston Craigs list. I've seriously seen them. In fact, there 3 shells about 8 miles from me, but they aren't for sale.

In fact, I just did it for you and this one popped up on the first page. It's a 1968 and it's ready to go for $5,500 It's fixed up AND running. If you pay $10,000 here, it's a NICE DRIVER.

http://houston.craigslist.org/search/cta?=cta&query=chevy+c-10&zoomToPosting=&minAsk=&maxAsk=

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  20. chopped

chopped

Is Lambrecht a noun now? to foolishly overpay?

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

As the proprietor of a very small "old car" dealership, I have been asked SOOOO many times about going/participating this auction. It makes me ill to hear of it.

but I wanted to post something just for perspective.

I recently took a 1962 Impala Sport Sedan (four door hardtop) in trade from a long-time Kansas collector. It was a legitimate two owner car, always garage kept and always in the local County. It was in fabulous original condition, just needing some detailing, carb rebuild, brake rebuild.

327/250HP, powerglide, power steering/brakes, power seat, power windows, EZEye glass, COLD air, push-button radio, new Coker WWW bias ply tires, Ermine White over Roman Red, red interior. All the books, etc. 17,xxx documented miles. Desirable!

It is a very capable driver that was ready to be shown. And it will be.

We just SOLD the car for $16k.

just compare.........

22. Yes, Yvette and the rest of the Nordstrom family have probably saved several hundred thousand cars over the years. True car folks and smart businessmen/women. One of her brothers even has a pretty good nationally syndicated car talk radio show!

23. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Yep, I just saw a story on the local news channel. Really? $97,000 for the 63 or was it 64 Hard Top? Now you need another $40, 000 to make it a show car? I'm at a loss for this. The truck went for over a $100,000. Nuts!

24. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

That was my point. And then someone stated the on-line bid of $5500? I don't get it.

25. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

As far as I remember, there was ONE guy, who said he was buying a car he had traded in. It wasn't like it was a frequent thing. One guy that sticks out among most of the rest, was a guy who bought a suburban. When asked what he was going to do with it. "Some sort of resto-mod. With twin turbos, 9" rearend and.....". It was a rambling of things he had read in a few magazines. I was literally laughing my ass off.

26. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Been to over a dozen Vanderbrink auctions in the last 6-7 years.
    She is a good auctioneer who knows how to properly advertise and bring in a crowd.
    At auctions in South Dakota,Iowa and Nebraska(not this one) there have been trucks from Colorado to New York and far south as Florida lined up with trailers.
    Round these parts a lot of folks believe if you have a collection to sell Vanderbrink is the auction house to call.

27. I was wondering that myself. Looks he bought most of the 63-64 trucks for big money.

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

30. 61 chevy

61 chevy

he payed for 1 mile on the truck,if he drives it, it will go down in price, :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.