Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

the one story I did like was the old man that bought back his trade in 56 chevy

2. phat rat

phat rat

I quit watching for the same reason. Plus I already knew what they went for. One guy, the one who bought the Cameo, spent just over 1.4 mil.

3. she was quite the morsel indeed

4. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

I turned off the sound after the first 10 minutes and just looked at the cars... ok, and the Aussie chick...

5. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

6. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

The C10's blew my mind. I can buy a running one around here for about 10% what those hulks went for.

7. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

8. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Seems that, when selling a car, venue is VERY important.

9. Mk1ofMnM

Mk1ofMnM

I know these sold for a lot more than they are worth to me but, how much for one around there with single digit mileage?

10. 3quarter32

3quarter32

Our son is there and said yardsticks with Lambrecht Chevrolet on them sold for 100 bucks a stick, and a poster sold for 1500.00 He to a pocket full of money, but hasn't wasted any yet.

11. phat rat

phat rat

online auction page showed $600 for one yardstick

12. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Maybe old man Lambrecht wasn't so crazy after all?!

13. I was thinking the same thing.

14. They are laughing all the way to the bank...and there is still tomorrow (Sunday) to go. The 1.7 mile '79 Impala wagon sold for $18K!!! Guess that one won't be derby bait, huh? And the $140K Cameo? I figured $50K to $60K, but not $140K.

Hats off to the auction company. They're doing exactly what they were hired to do - promote the auction and make the most money possible for the sellers. She's good.

15. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

You are right.They promoted this auction worldwide and it has paid off big time.The history channel is rerunning it again now at midnight if anyone missed it at 8 pm est

16. uncle buck

uncle buck

A friend of mine rolled into town Thursday afternoon and described it as Woodstock back there. He said the they were already running shuttles from several miles away because of all the people. With these prices all that promoting did pay off. Absolutely nuts

17. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I was at a local auction last month for a tech center at a school,they had a donated 1991 Isuzu 2wd stick shift regular cab pickup there with like 50-miles on it. It was damaged in transport and donated to the school. It was far from mint,and could not be legally titled. Didn`t even run. It sold for over $2000...I fully expect worse for these vehicles in question

18. tractorguy

tractorguy

It was very common in many farming communities for a farmer to own a car dealership and not really need to earn his living from the dealership because he was a successful farmer who often inherited prime land from previous generations and keep buying up smaller farms over the years.

Many farmers hated paying big money to car dealers for their cars and pickups. They also hated paying big money to implement dealers for their tractors and equipment. And most of all, they hated bankers who charged interest on borrowed money. Many, many successful multi-generation car dealers today, were started by previous generations of successful farmers who bought the car dealers, tractor dealers and small banks in many of these small farmning communities throughout the midwest and west.

19. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Didn't he have to pay some kind of business taxes on all the old inventory? Or was its value depreciated over the years to the point it didn't matter?

20. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

So these MSO cars...are the new owners now having to title them and pay taxes on what they are paying for the car at the auction? And what about the taxes that the old man is going to owe? For what these cars are selling for seems to me the real winner is the IRS....Jim.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. cb1

cb1
    from Wisconsin

Watching it on History channel right now. 1963 4 door black impalla with 60,000 miles, $20,000.00. WOW..

22. cb1

cb1
    from Wisconsin

Over 1.5 million dollars so far... According to the show, they are starting to auction the trucks. Rutlidge (one of the hosts) is going to go bid on one. The other host is going to call his wife.

23. Bump Stop

Bump Stop
    BANNED
    from USA

Amen! Those idiot broadcasters were making inane small talk drowning out a $140,000 bidding war!

24. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Yup after wasteing an hour and a half to see a peek every now and again. I was afraid they were going to do that. I turned off the tube and went to bed. Just go to the auction website. Great pictures. And no hot air!

25. chopped

chopped

I thought nobody has any money. You know, crashed economy and all.

26. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Yvette has reached her pinnacle. She will forever be busy doing auctions of rough old collections. Kind of what she does anyway, but on a much grander scale.

good for her.

27. It looks like Pierce, Nebraska (official of population 1,800) is finally on the map, big time. So when is someone going to make a tag topper that says "I survived the Lambrecht auction". I'd buy one.......

28. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Next to I survived cash for clunkers!

29. chopped

chopped

Bidding starts at $5000.00

30. chubod

chubod

The lady auctioneer was killing me, she is the worst auctioneer I've ever heard. I was happy when they gave her a break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.