Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engler's junk yard in NE Pa to crush cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidsteer, Mar 18, 2011.

1. When's the last time you scrapped a car?

2. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Post 21 is showing a 60's Impala that a guy may wanna pull a donor A Sedan top from...that's what I used. Rib layout is good for the hole your filling...but we did have to terminate the back row of ribs to make it look right. Just saying...if IT IS going to be crushed..

3. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

yeah im off on scrap value now adays but still. ive seen 4 doors for like 600 bucks rather buy that take what i need, part it and scrap the rest. they are not going to sell alot of parts if they have ridicuolous prices like that, its not like i was asking for a super rare thing and trying to score a deal, just a 54 ford bumper, not a rare car at all and bumpers came on every single one of these cars.

4. best2923

best2923
    from north Id

that suck's we had a hole in our area that was full of 38-48 5 window coupes someone bought the land and crush them. they pulled 63 car's out of there. Whats the world comeing to is there not enough jap crap to crush.

5. Wizard

Wizard

Update on this junkyard today. I called today and talked to Bob. He said he is going to start crushing cars he has left in October 2013. You can buy whole cars for $500-$1000.00

Wizard

6. THREE ROOMS DEEP

THREE ROOMS DEEP

would anyone know if Bob has any 56-57 Chevy or Pontiac 4 door hard tops in the yard? i am looking for a roof

7. Wizard

Wizard

8. Wizard

Wizard

9. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

got 125 for a ford ...the same day , a tow truck guy in south jersey I know got 500 for the mercury version of the same car

You Gots To Know Somebody

10. Wizard

Wizard

11. D'Monsta

D'Monsta

I just spoke to a guy there. He said they are starting to crush again. I asked him about a bumper for one of my project cars and he said most bumpers on his cars are rusted through.. He didn't seem to think he had much good of anything.. If anybody is going there soon please contact me.. I'm in NC and would like to know the condition of some parts before I make the trip so if someone could take some photos for me that would be great.. Please PM me for details.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  12. Wizard

Wizard

I was planning a trip up there this month but I'm all tied again as usual and can't get there. I did talk to him over a month ago (Bob) and he said he had about 600 cars left to crush and still alot of good stuff.

Wizard

13. scoTT la rock

scoTT la rock
    from NJ

this thread is kind of old, so im wondering at this point if it is worth going out there now?
    my dad lives in wilkes-barre and i travel from NJ to see him a few times a month, so if it's worth it i may drop by and see if there's anything worth scoring....

14. Best go now before it's gone. Bring a trailer and save a whole car.

15. Wizard

Wizard

Here is an update on Englers. I wasn't there but here is someones post that was there last week on 13 Oct 2013. He also has a bunch of photo's on For A-Bodies only forum

2 topics on this story,,,on this site

was there today monday,,, he says half the cars are gone,,,the rest will take about 2 years,, there is no crusher there now,,scrap pirces up there are too low,,

a hand full of 40 mopars,,,early 50s mopars,,a few mid 60s mopars,,

the pic of dart above vinyl top trim all intact u remove it 100 bucks

VOLARE/ASPEN guys,,, there are a set of quarter window louvers in his shop,,, a few clips missing,,but nice shape,,,the car is in the yard with the windlw plugs if u wanna convert to the R/T OR ROAD RUNNER quarter windows,, a 57 mopar wagon,, 1 68 notch back 1 67 fast back,,several dusters and dart sports,, some C bodies,, a few 40/50 pick ups,,,

he seems reasonable on prices if u remove the part,,, i bought a pair of 1940 dodge fenders with the valance and hood linkage on both fenders,, a few pin holes,,, stored in side kinda,, 50 bucks for the pair,, with the inner fender wells ,,,couldnt let um sit and get crushed,,,

buses ful of tail lites,,,hub caps,,,there is stuff there,, no real useable sheet metal from the 40/50s cars,,,,,was worth the 2 1/2 hour ride for the memories,,,,

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

16. Wizard

Wizard

Update: He is not crushing now. Says price of scrap is to low. Don't know when he is going to start crushing again.

Wizard

17. CBurne7

CBurne7

Has anyone had any updates on this junkyard?

I'm considering skipping work sometime this week to trek up there and look for some trim and rear end for my Fairlane.

18. maraxusofkeld

maraxusofkeld

I live about 15 minutes from the yard. He is still there with plenty of great parts still available. I would call there to make sure they are open though.

Bowtie Coupe, kidcampbell71 and F&J like this.