Register now to get rid of these ads!

History vintage cadillac 1953 motorama kustom roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by banditomerc, Sep 26, 2013.

1. banditomerc

banditomerc

This is a add i spotted on the internet.appears to be a factory proto type .it was supposed to be a Lemans.currently for sale...on the free add site.would make a great custom...if you dare.:eek:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  2. Well it's already customized really. Interesting find.

3. cosmic12

cosmic12

That is very cool! Do you have a link? What are they asking for it?

4. fraktv

fraktv

5. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Yup, seen this one for a while now. $35K ouch.

6. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

whats the front end look like?

7. Interesting...

8. banditomerc

banditomerc

52k...i don't have it,maybe a fellow hambr will..

9. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Does that seem like a lot?

It seems like this car would compare nicely to the '54 Olds F88 concept car that sold for over 3 million dollars.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=992&aid=51

10. If it's truly a factory prototype, it would have sold by now....

11. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...all it takes is a sawzall and a welder....

12. cosmic12

cosmic12

There is a story out there that 4 were built and one is still missing but this has to be a home made one, the dash isn't like the prototypes at all.
    Still a very neat car if it was done correctly.

13. Looks like a Packard bumper on the back....

14. eightbanger

eightbanger

I think it looks awesome!

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's down to 35K now, the interior is wretched fake ostrich leather totally unsuited to the car, but overall I think it's really cool, it doesn't run but I imagine it will.
    If it were around $15-20K I think it would be a good buy.

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It's not a factory job, but I do believe it was built to emulate the Le Mans, there were lots of copies built as well as the Le Sabre which the Spohn company from Germany built many odd representations of.

I think the above roadster is very cool and if I wasn't already knee deep in cars I'd buy it, but not for 35K

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is pretty interesting but way out of my price range this week. I've thought it would be fun to build a two passenger convert/roadster like that for years but the right car to do it with hasn't shown up yet.

18. What's the latest? Did this seller ever find reality and lower the asking price closer to what we are talkin' 'bout?

19. sweetdick2

sweetdick2
    from new jersey

I think there was one in THe Buddy Holly movie with Gary Buesy,shows him sitting on the deck in a showroom, was right if I'm not mistaken

20. Saturday Evening Post;
    [​IMG]

21. CadMad

CadMad

Cadillac built 4 Lemans. One was customised by George Barris for Harry Karl . It was destroyed in a fire in the 80s. One white original survived as built. The silver one in the Stray Cats vid was remodeled in 59 and is now owned by GM. At the time of the video it was at Frank Corrente's Cadillac World in Hollywood with a $1mil price tag. Almost seems cheap now. . . Almost.
    The forth car disappeared having just been displayed at Greenlease Cadillac in 1953. Only days later 6yo Bobby Greenlease (the son) was abducted and murdered in a botched ransom attempt. The forth cars has never been seen again. Possibly destroyed by Cadillac.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDuNM2rbYfU

22. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Whatever that thing is in the original post, it looks cool as hell.

23. Thee1pope

Thee1pope
    from Arizona

If this car is fiberglass it would be best not to do anything to this car, and if it is fiberglass which it looks like someone already has restored this 1953 Cadillac Le mans Concept Car. The reason I say this is in 1953 there were only four of them Built and none of them were sold, one them was destroyed in a fire, so that leaves only three of these cars left,but out of the three remaining Cars one of them is still missing. The four 1953 Cadillac Le mans Concept cars were painted Blue & Silver with one of them being repainted Black later on. If you ever find a Fiberglass 1953 Cadillac Le mans Concept Car hang on to it This my friend is a very RARE Car. Here is a Link about it: http://1953cadillaclemans2.blogspot.com/2012/06/le-mans-2-nearly-forgotten.html#comment-form

24. WQ59B

WQ59B

CadMad ~ Cadillac built 4 Lemans. One was customised by George Barris for Harry Karl . It was destroyed in a fire in the 80s.

[​IMG]

One white original survived as built. The silver one in the Stray Cats vid was remodeled in 59 and is now owned by GM.

Here's the above two :
    [​IMG]

The forth car disappeared having just been displayed at Greenlease Cadillac in 1953.

Here it is in black, LeMans #2 :
    [​IMG]

-- -- -- -- --

IMO, the car shown in the opening post is in no way LeMans #2- it has all production components and none of the details of the concept. Still intriquing, just not the missing car.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  25. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

The Lemans inspired me to build this, which, as someone else pointed out, required a sawz-all, torch, and a '56 Sedan DeVille.

Brian

Attached Files:

26. seatex

seatex