Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody goin to the Lambrecht Chevrolet auction?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airwolf

Airwolf

You gotta give the people running this credit for their marketing skills. On the local craigslist, there's a guy offering parking space for campers/motorhomes with electrical hookup only, (no water/sewer), for $275.00 per nite.

2. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

I got a copy of the PDF file that lists out the cars. It looks like so much more on that type list. I bet we will be seeing these cars reselling everywhere in the next few months. Wanna take any bets on how many show up at Hershey?

3. davidh73750

davidh73750

ok the 61 bel air I posted in the pics a few posts ago, teal in color was at 8K yesterday now its at 5500 on the bid?? some shenanigans maybe ?? that cameo is at 46K now. Glad my heart wasn't set on anything it will be silly high.

***now I see several cars with bids lower than yesterday

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I seen that 61 and what is so special about it to go for that much money,I think one that is driveable could be bought for much less.

5. tractorguy

tractorguy

I had planned to attend the auction up until yesterday when I realized I just don't have the stomach to be a part of the whole circus. I downloaded a PDF of the 12 parking locations and where the trolley pick up points would be if you do get parked.
    I also downloaded a PDF list of the cars which will be nice to use for a scorecard.

I have been following the prices so far on Proxibid and as already discussed, they are crazy. I jotted down about 50 of the vehicles I would be interested in as well as the current prices.

While I am a born skeptic, I really, really question some of the initial bids already up on Proxibid. On some of the lesser units that I thought would be in my price range, the early bids are crazy. I really wonder how many amateurs may be on Proxibid just to boast to friends that they already bid a rusty 55 Chev to $8,200.......not realizing that if no one raises the bid......they own it. I truly believe that some of these prices will be "adjusted" when the auction actually begins on site.

I too, as others have mentioned have high regards for the reputation of the Vanderbrink organization and have been to several of their smaller auctions in Nebraska. I just think we may have some attention-seeking bozos seeking involved in the early bidding

6. Well, I will put in my 2 cents on the 2 promo models listed: 93 Corvette at $160 and a 53 Corvette at $350. What are these guys thinking? The 93 goes for about $5.00 on ebay and the 53 for about $25 (It is a reissue not an original). Is it worth that much to say you bought them at this sale? I have about half a dozen 93's and a 53 I would gladly sell at those prices!

7. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Does anybody have pictures of the cars sitting out on the farm BEFORE the auction company came in and moved them to the staging area? I've seen a few from inside the dealership, but none of the farm itself?

8. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Tire kickers and buyers what are you....................lol

9. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

It is strange. I did a quick google maps search of the Pierce area and didn't see see an area with that many cars. Usually the google earth images are old enough to see what things looked like last year, for instance.

Anyone?

10. Link to google satellite image...

http://bit.ly/1auzzq5

[​IMG]

11. Rudeman

Rudeman
    from Pittsburgh

The cars were sitting in that grove of trees next to the golf course for years. The auction company had the trees cut and removed the cars. Should be interesting to see what these "gems" go for. Day of reckoning is here I guess.

12. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Bout time that we can be happy to not hear about this anymore, just the threads about the retarded money spent on parts cars. Like said before, wish I had a couple of my projects im selling in a transportable order so I could haul them down. After a guy gets outbid on a rusty clapped out 57 chevy, seeing mine they'd eagerly pay my asking price!

13. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

nomad rear tailgate window frames
    the Hartung auction was for Model A fans ...this Lambrecht guy is a Chevy Man

14. davidh73750

davidh73750

you too can own a low mileage car like this 79 impala with less than 5 miles. I guess people weren't standing in line for avocado green 4dr impalas in 79:D:D:D

Attached Files:

15. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I'm not a Chevy guy, but I'd sure like to have this wagon.

[​IMG]

Like others, I'm sure most of these cars will go for way more than they are worth after all the hype.

16. Abomb

Abomb

I have to say, that I WAS honestly planning to attend....3 months ago, before it turned into a full blown 3 ring circus. My intention was to buy a future project or two, and possibly a good parts car for my 55 chevy. You won't catch me within 350 miles of the area now....Hell, I don't even attend Sturgis anymore, as it turns out, the older I get, the more I seem to hate large crowds full of idiots....

17. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Low Miles and NSRA legal too!

18. Rented an apartment with appliances that color many moons ago....

Scrap value is about $450... if you bring it to the 'yard yourself. You would be a psycho to pay more than $100 for it.

Bob

19. toml24

toml24

I looked at the photos of all the cars on-line. All I can say is WOW!!! The selection of 1959 Chevy's is incredible to say the least. This should a spectacular event. And by the end of the day that field should be empty, as if the cars were never there. WOW!!!

20. I have heard through a couple of sources that a salvage firm has a standing bid of just above salvage value on every single vehicle, so that if that vehicle does not hit that amount, the salvage bidder will get it. So, that pretty much eliminates a chance of a $150 car of any kind, regardless if it's "worth it" or not.

I, too, thought about making the trek up there, untill seeing the bids on proxibid.com. So, I'm not going to waste my time. It'll be neat to see what these cars ACTUALLY go for.

21. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

She did an auction up this way about 3 years ago and did the same thing with a standing bid on everything. They also brough a company in with loaders charging to load the cars for you.

22. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

23. Racer81x

Racer81x
    from Iowa

I urge everyone that is thinking about going this weekend not to, the town is one big cluster fu#k!, and if you are interested in a car you will probably be very disappointed.
    I won't be able to go this weekend, so a friend of mine and I drove over this mourning to take a look and so I can prebid on what I was interested in.
    I heard a lot of pissed off people, and seen several trucks and trailors heading for home already.

Damn near all the cars that were out doors all have rust in the body panels, and holes in the floors, most didn't have keys and trunks weren't open, and the cars damn near all had flats so you couldn't see very well underneath.

Here are a few pics that I took:
    [​IMG]
    65 or 66 impala:
    [​IMG]

Here is one of the low milage mso cars 59 impala with 2 miles, it didn't look to bad till you walked around and seen the trunk floor:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the trunk of another mso car, hubcaps were still kind of wraped, this one was stored indoors, still had a lot of scale on trunk floor and a few pin holes:
    [​IMG]

The pace car vette, was missing the front and rear emblems, and the fiberglass was separating in several spots.

There will be a lot of pissed off people who bid on the net and win a car.

24. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Someone needs to start an auction social group. I am interested in hearing the stories but I bet the moderators will be glad to see this subject off of the forum.

Me and the number one auction fan are in!!!

25. The only people making money are the motels, food consessions and gas stations.....
    I have not heard anything about titles????? or paper work for the cars (a dealer should have kept them) Missing Keys?????? Who really owns these cars???? If its a rust bucket it does not matter how many miles are on the odometer....$$$$$ to restore.
    Have fun in no-mans land NE (been there)

26. davidh73750

davidh73750

I ll let you guys know. I'm meeting a good buddy and we are looking at it as a car show to look and see not to buy

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

I think this auction is a joke but I am still going...:p Anyone who bids on a car or truck online might be surprised when the car gets home.

28. Master of None

Master of None

I was with racer81x today.........its sad really sad......he waited way too long.

29. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Like I posted earlier, a friend of mine is driving there tomorrow to see what is there and to witness this ordeal. I passed up going there with Gary, I feel there are going to be a lot of disapointed people that attend this auction. These cars are not really collectable, mostly 4 doors and wagons, and being outside hasn't done the cars any favors at all. Nebraska winters can be very harsh, and the snow and rains will have taken a bog toll on these cars. Good luck to all trying to buy anything worth a shit

30. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

The worst part of the whole deal is that the Lady auctioneer will not let anyone buy parts off cars if the crusher gets them...sounds like a scam to me...:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.