Register now to get rid of these ads!

Canadian Chromers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aw1950, Sep 10, 2013.

1. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

I've used Alberta Platers in Calgary quite often, for both copper and chrome plating. Prices are hit and miss though.

2. There is still Pacific Plating in Burnaby, BC and Fraser Valley Plating in Abbotsford, BC isn't there?[/QUOTE]

This all got me to thinking so I went to the yellow pages for BC....Lots of chrome platers , maybe not all bumper platers , but platers none the less. I used Pacific four years ago and they are still in business...Google is my friend

3. BTTT for all you late nighters !!

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

There is still Pacific Plating in Burnaby, BC and Fraser Valley Plating in Abbotsford, BC isn't there?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know. I read the original post, made a mental note to respond to that "later". Well, I guess this is "later"...:eek:

5. modeleh

modeleh

I have heard that Victoria plating only does small stuff now and they farm out their bumpers to Kelowna Plating.

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

There is still Pacific Plating in Burnaby, BC and Fraser Valley Plating in Abbotsford, BC isn't there?[/QUOTE]

Pacific is in Vancouver, Dependable Plating is in Burnaby (suburb), Precision Plating and Superior Electro Plating in Surrey (suburb). There are a couple up country as well along with Victoria Plating in Victoria and Hudson Plating and coating in Burnaby (though I don't know if they do bumpers; they do powder coating and I think "Hard Chrome".

7. On my side,I went to Chrome Black Lake At Thetford Mines in Québec for most of my 65 galaxie parts, but they don't chrome bumpers because their baths are to small, so for my bumpers I did business with Bumper boy's in California, they bring both front and rear rechromed bumpers at Carlisle PA at the ford Carlisle last june and I took them there and give my old ones in exchange. They are very nice at very reasonable price.
    For Chrome Black Lake
    adress is: 4249 Industrielle st at Thetford Mines , quebec
    phone: (418)423-5057 :)

8. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

Electroshine Plating is in Sidney BC about 10 miles from Victoria Plating.[/QUOTE]
    just picked up my grill from electroshine very nice job again

9. Thanks for the info . They are close to me , being just one province away . Do they speak English do you know .

10. b-bob

b-bob

Dependable in Burnaby did my windshield frame for me, turned out great....no complaints.

I have a couple of the pointy 'baldies' that need to be re-plated, but I am worried about the cost. May be more than a cap is worth. Anyone have an idea??

11. Most use The Chrome Pit or House of Silver around here but have yet to try.For polishing aluminium, Marks Polishing,

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  12. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

I've used Superior Metal Finishing in London, Ontario. They're more of an industrial chromer, and they don't do any base metal repairs if needed, but I gave them a set of hub caps for my Poncho and I was really pleased with the results.

13. L79_Acadian

L79_Acadian
    from canada

I wouldn't let Cambridge chrome plate anything for me again. A few years ago I took some parts from my L79 Acadian to be plated. I offered to drill and fill all the pits(with silver solder) on the 2 pieces of die cast for the trunk. No no well do that don't worry.Well when I finally got the call that everything was finished, I couldn't believe my eyes when I picked the pieces up. I could see lots of pits in the die cast still. Cambridge's answer was, well it gets painted black anyways.Then I was told, well if your not happy,leave the parts here, and be on your way. So I had no choice but to take the parts and leave. Some of their work was nice, but for $4200.I wasn't happy.
    Oh and this happened about 8 years ago.
    Next time I will shop around and go south of the border if I have to.
    Good luck,
    Roger

14. Like I mentioned before this chroming thing can be a breeze or a real disaster real quick and a lot of cash going out on something that you have no control over . That's a scary thing for guys that want control over the entire build like me . Cambridge attitude sucked ( come to think of it ) when a buddy of mine called for a rear bumper for a 56 ford . It was 850.00 or so and he asked that that included the bumperettes and the ahem !! lady on the other end said no !! another 250.00 on top of that . When he said kinda steep isn't it she replied . Look do you want them or not in a bitchy tone . Its a wonder there still in business !! I don't think I will be using them with that kind of attitude !!

15. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Of course he had a crappy bumper to begin with. If it was perfect he wouldn't have needed it chromed. Jeez.

Either they know how to do the job or they don't.

16. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

just picked up my grill from electroshine very nice job again[/QUOTE]
    well I just got my grill surround back and its a mess sent it back will see what they do about it . unless they make it right I wont be going back

17. I thing so !!!

18. I will look them up someday down the road . Just info for now !!

19. tunes48

tunes48
    from Kamloops

I've used Specialty Plating Co. in North Vancouver many times over the years and had excellent results and quick and reasonable. Don't know if their still there. Chime in if you know.

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

How much is a pointy baldy worth?? Depends on whether or not you can find four with perfect chrome, right? Those things dont exactly grow on trees anymore...

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Looks like it...
    http://www.specialtyplating.com/
    and I have wood right now...
    [​IMG]

22. budd

budd

i have been to Specialty Plating quite a few times with woodstove doors to be gold plated, we were getting about 100 doors a day done at the time, very few had to be returned, what chrome i did see while there looked pretty nice, some of the guys at work had little things chromed there and they didn't charge them, i need to have the plug wire covers for my desoto hemi done and i'm going to give them the work.

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I need some Desoto plug wire covers, and once I find some, I want to plate them. When you get them done, can I see some pics, and how much $$?