Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 51 chevy deluxe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nixstudios, Sep 25, 2013.

1. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

I am starting this post to show my build that I am starting to do on a 51 chevy deluxe that I traded for she has a s10 rearend and the stock drive line...and has a 350 v8 and 350 turbo trans shes a great driver I already had her out and showing her off had a few bugs had to be worked out....found that out on the highway...fun fun......I dont know what way I am for sure going with the car thinking lead sled....but here is some photos of it when I got it...all input and ideals are welcome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  2. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

first thing I did to it was get rid of the old breather I had a billet one laying around came off of a old mustang project I had

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Billet. Here we go!!!!!

4. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

well late one night I got a wild hair and had some black melt laying around base and clear and said I clean and spray my engine bay well here is the photos of that I plane on smoothing it when I pull the motor to install a stall and spraying it better...this is to do for now truned out really well helps haveing a army of dif size spray guns

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

lol billet?

6. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

well with the painted engine bay a boy with a c10 said such a nice car why you have such a dirty motor.....later that day I clean and did a fast spraying this is just to do to I get the new cam and intake and chrome parts truned out really well [​IMG][​IMG]

7. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

I ended up installing a gas pedel cause the car did not have one when I got it just a rod lol...also sunk the head lights in a little deeper even know when I got the car they already have done it took them out and cut the buckets down got them go about a 8th deeper lol alot work for just a 8th.....also took the nova trim off and welded up all the trim holes to give the body a smooth look

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like fun, NS...and it's looking better already. Yeah, outlaw is referring to the billet air cleaner. Too bad he has nothing encouraging to say. Truth is, though...billet parts aren't considered traditional. I would seriously consider cleaning up the other air cleaner and putting it back on. Give it a nice black finish like you did in the other areas. Or maybe get a more traditional-looking aftermarket item. Try to keep everything as you'd see in 1965 or earlier. That's the rule for the Hamb. Another point...if the car has a modern engine/trans/rearend, you can't very well say it has a "stock driveline". I notice the trans is shifted with the original 3spd column shifter. Be careful that you don't accidentally knock the shifter and shift the trans into reverse or park while driving. You might consider installing some sort of detent system or a shifter made for an auto trans. Enjoy your Chevy, and share updates as they come.

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh...and resize your pics before posting them. 640 X 480 is a good size. And most here would appreciate some punctuation in your text. Just makes it easier to read. Welcome to the Hamb.

10. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

well all the driving around finally got the old gas tank....sprung a leak I ended up taking it off and draining and felling full water and patching the tank and reinstalling but 3 weeks later a new hole showed up.....so I dropped the tank and got a brand new one 1" deeper with a new sending unit the tank I got was set up for stock style fule system or a fule pump had make new gas trank straps the old ones was to short...before installing I sanded and coated the tank in bed liner and installed a new 12 vote sending unit and undercoated the care where the tank goes even know the car had been undercoated before...looked like it was needing a recoat anyway [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

Thank man and I was thinking go with more of a dual carb intake like on the older style hot rods. with the car. The billet breather was for the time binging to I get a bigger cam installed and the motor all cleaned up and the tamisson stall put in going to try do it all at one time. The stock drive line was the one used in the car when it had the stock motor or so I was told not looked at the drive line that well yet....and sorry about the photo I will try learn how to resize them. Thank you for the input

12. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

took the old side mirrors off and installed a peep style stainless mirror

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

here is a good photo of the head lights showing off where they been sunken deeper.... im going get me some difent bezels and french them in to the body.... [​IMG]

14. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Enjoy your '51, she's looking better all the time!

15. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

thanks man I am fixing to shave the doors soon

16. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

here is my 51 the way she sets in the walmart parking lott...had a few people stop and talk about the car while i was snaping some photos was trying get the sunset in the back...photos truned out pretty good just wish I had the door handles shaved off [​IMG][​IMG]

17. Nice! keep up the good work.
    -Pat

18. nitrousnutter

nitrousnutter

Great little car you have there, im doing a '51 styleline at the moment, looking good what you are doing, please dont shave the handles tho, my pal has done that on his dodge rated pickup and its a pain in the arse when it decides not to open, plus doesnt suit it in my opinion, youve got a nice project there with most of the hard work already done like the engine install and trans, im only just getting mine fitted at mo so a way off driving. shes looking good tho well done!! :)

19. its coming along nicely ...

keep up the good work =)

20. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

Thanks

21. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

nitrousnutter I just got on and red your message" I just shaved the doors to day was not that bad of a job at all....but not my first rodeo with the shaved door lol.... here is a photo of the driver side just in a bit of filler primer for now when i go lay paint the whole car be blocked down with a good primer:D the reason I shaved them I think it brings out the body better and I most likley will chop the roof [​IMG]

22. nitrousnutter

nitrousnutter

Nice one will look good with a roof chop, car looks great! Keep the updates coming on yours.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

Thanks man

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks like it is coming along nicely. For some reason I thought you were leading up to painting the shiny air cleaner black to match the inner panels though. The Kinda stock but not stock look.

I like the plans you have for it, keep us posted on the progress.

25. nice car looking good

26. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

ya I just not made up my mind all way on the breather yet. I woul like to go with a more older style breather but chrome only reason this billet one Is on it I had it laying around, i am going put a whistle wolf horn on it...I got me some new tires 205-65-r15 I have 205-75 on it right now fig a lower tire with a large port a wall would look really good with the vintage steel rims done in red maybe later on a full moon hubcaps....im just in the ideal mood taking it all in

Thanks man hope you enjoy the up coming build photos they a chop top coming soon

27. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

thanks

28. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

got some new rubber for the 51 they not white walls yet. I plane on getting some white wall port-a -walls to go on them latter on [​IMG]

29. 1955IHC

1955IHC

My father is running the same size tire as you. FYI Do not waste your time on the port a walls he only gets about six months out of them. They don't hold up well on a radial tire..

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

30. nixstudios

nixstudios
    from Hazard ky

Got my 52 merc rings in....just took this photo to get a ideal on what they gonna look like before I mold them...into the fenders [​IMG]