Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Winchester, VA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ottoparts, Sep 18, 2013.

1. I took another promotion here at work. They are relocating me to Winchester, VA. I was curious to see if any hambers are around the area.
    The 50 isn't driveable as of yet, therefore I'll be trailering it there.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Nice little town,just drove thru there last weekend.Most of the shows happen around the beltway(Baltimore/DC/larger areas).
    The people are nice and friendly there;nice country.
    Best of luck!

3. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Welcome from Hagerstown,MD. about 45 Min. away.

4. Normal Norman

Normal Norman
    from Goshen IN.

Been there twice. I can't say about the car scene there I was there for music. But it is a beautiful place, lots of cultural stuff going on and lots of history too. N.N.

5. Welcome to VA!

Martin ("Fuxl" on the HAMB) and Jay ("61cad") live there. OJ is just up the road in Berryville and I'm in Fairfax, about 50 miles away near DC. I'm sure there are others nearby too.

Be sure to join the Virginia HAMB social group.

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We stayed in Winchester a couple of years ago but only for two nights ,got lucky and enjoyed the apple blossom festival , drove right down the Blue Ridge Parkway , magical scenery . No HAMB stuff but great for tourists from NZ.

7. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

A friend of mine moved down there about 20 years ago, had a Street Rod shop up here and was movng down there to continue, and while he was building his shop did some construction work and never looked back.

8. It's a nice area, just far enough from D.C. that you don't even know it's there.

9. Thanks guys.
    Glad to hear that it sounds like a good place.
    I will be moving there next month

10. I would like to welcome you to the "Old Dominion" as we are known. Please check out the Virginia HAMBers social group: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=69

Several of us will be at the Rockabilly Rumble in Fredericksburg on the 12th of October and we will convene again for the Jalopyrama on the 19th. We are an active group and you will find plenty of like-minded car owners in your new stomping grounds.

11. MP&C

MP&C

OJ Higgins has a speed shop in Berryville, just a stone's throw away. Clarke County Speed. He has been hosting various workshops in the spring at this location..

12. Don't know about the H.A.M.B.
    scene in general,,but there will be a great TRUCK show near there next weekend. Just off I81,, X321

13. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

O.k.,,,just found this thread. Welcome to winchester va., from winchester va.. Have been here 34 years. Its a very nice town and as someone said it's just far enough from d.c. Gary,, martin lives down in waynesboro but he comes up here for o.j.'s shop meetings. Ottoparts, send me a p.m. And i will make arrangements to meet up with you when you get in town. I know a lot of car guys in the area and can introduce you around. Let me know who you are being transferred in with, ph#, etc. Look forward to meeting you. Howard

14. Howard, You are what makes the HAMB the great place that it is, especially on a "local" level. Here's a guy coming into town not knowing a single soul and I'm sure that with guidance from folks like you, he will feel right at home within a couple of months. Kudos to you................................Don.

15. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Welcome to Virginia. Great place for HAMBers.

16. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the beautiful Shenandoah Valley.

Allow me to get a titch OT:
    My dad, son, and I have been coming to Middletown, VA (about 10 miles south) the 3rd weekend in October since about '98. One of the most popular Civil War reenactments occurs then at the Cedar Creek Battlefield.
    (We're there to honor our great-grandfather who fought for the 20th SC Volunteers and was captured there.)

It is one of the reenactors' favorite spots because it is about the only battlefield where they are on the exact same ground where the battle took place (Oct. 19, 1864).

Beautiful part of the world, gotta be a great place to cruise old cars.

17. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

Winchester is a nice growing town. You are close enough to go to many east coat events and most people are good folk. There are quite a few HAMBers around this area. Welcome to the area.
    Dan

18. Thanks everyone for the info.
    Howard, thank you for your offer and I'll PM you shortly.

19. you will fit in nicely . A lot of car happenings.This weekend a drive in car show with California Kid playing. There is always a car show or cruise going on within an hour away. Welcome you have some local hambers on here.

20. I remember rolling through Winchester years ago (early 90's?) with my parents. We were on our way to Deep Creek Lake. There was a classic car dealer there. They had a 49-51 Merc and a 60 El Camino for sale. Not sure if the dealer is still in business there or not.

21. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Don't guess you'll make it to Winchester in time. But there's a drive-in movie cruise this weekend just South of Winchester.

First time I've ever known the California Kid to be shown on the big screen.

You'll like it in this area!

22. My brother an I are here in town. We have cars, garage, dragster, parts and more parts. Drop me a PM and come hang out.

Hell, we will invite Howard over.

Jay

23. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Thanks Jay,,,What a guy!!!!!!!!

24. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

Welcome to the Old Dominion from Haymarket......about 40 miles east on I-66

25. Just funnin!.... Howard knows Winchester!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. Well everyone its official.
    I was in Winchester last week to find a house, and I did.
    I will be moving out there is Saturday the 19th.
    Thanks everyone for their help and advice.
    Hope to see some of you real soon.

27. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

You have a neat winter car show coming up near (less than 100 miles) On Dec 6-8th. East Coast indoor nationals in Timonium MD. If your settled in by then it's worth the trip. Stop in and see me vending at moonlight movies booth

28. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Welcome to Virginia, from the other side of the Potomac here in Maryland. Winchester is great area, and you're moving into the Mid-Atlantic region that has a lot of really great car shows and happenings within a few hour's drive away from you- The Jalopy Showdown and Jalopy Showdown Drags, Jalopyrama, and Rodder's Journal Revival are probably some of the best hot rod shows on the east coast, if not the Country. The Karb Kings put the Mobtown Greaseball in Baltimore and Hot Rod Rumble in Fredericksburg VA that are both good shows as well. And don't forget The swap meets at Hershey and Carlisle, PA, the street rod Nats in York, PA, and the rod run in Cumberland, MD, just to name a few events that come to mind. I know there's plenty more I'm forgetting, but there's no shortage of things to do.

29. A/GAS

A/GAS
    from gore, va

Welcome, been here full time since '91. Keep an eye out for a '39 Ford cpe. black with blue flames, nose in the air. Stop and say hi. Feel free to call and I'll try to fill you in on what's going in on the area. 540-535-5109. This week end may be peek for colors. Glad to recommend cruise route or just drive west of Winchester. Gary

30. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We went to Octobeer Fest this past weekend at Old Town Winchester while in the Valley for the Cedar Creek Battle re-enactment . . . anyway, our first time checking out the pedestrian areas, etc. Love Old Town Winchester.