Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

2. brandon

brandon

is that jerry baltes car..? bitchin shot

3. theman440

theman440
    from Las Vegas

^^^ #5 looks a little lean!

4. BSL409

BSL409

5. rick finch

rick finch

6. rick finch

rick finch

7. rick finch

rick finch

8. rick finch

rick finch

9. rcktscientist

rcktscientist
    from San Diego

WOW, never saw this picture. There is so much going on. Car in far lane is on the centerline, chute out before the lights (in foreground) and Tony appears to have pulled off his goggles at speed. Would like to know more about what all transpired on this run. From experience I can say being oiled in and driving by braille is usually better than hot oil in your eyes.

10. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Howard Haight, used to use (2) pairs of goggles (one larger pair over the other) both tethered to him, when he drove the "Bad Actor" Top fuel car for Don Wilson and Tom Topping. At times he would have to lift the second pair to finish the run!

11. dmorago

dmorago

Congradulations in winning at Hot Rods Forever car show in Monrovia, Dick M

Attached Files:

12. Thanks Dick. Wish we could have talked last Saturday.

FYI: You may get flamed for posting that picture on this thread.

13. I'm looking for some shots of the "Super Rat" Fuel Altered, (owned by Robert Walker) and I keep finding the same 2 or 3 pictures on Google. Anybody got any other pics of it?

Thanks!!

14. rick finch

rick finch

This one of them?

[​IMG]

0r this?

[​IMG]

15. rick finch

rick finch

Can anybody identify this? It looks similar to the Ward & Wayre "Longshot" but I don't recognize it...

[​IMG]

The Longshot...

[​IMG]

16. rick finch

rick finch

Firebird Raceway Boise, Idaho...fun track, great people.

[​IMG]

17. rick finch

rick finch

Mooneyham, Ferguson, Jackson & Faust...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. The top looks like the same car, but with a more finished detail around the engine.

19. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Always loved the Fuel Altered's and to me this was about has real as it gets driving one these wild things.

Thanks for posting all the great shots.

Jimbo

20. Similar, but quite a few differences - Cowl over roll bar is different length, rear push bar different, one has hairpins - the other 4 link, body around engine as you mentioned, windshield, the body on the top car also looks thinner

21. BloFish

BloFish

Glad to be back,

22. cmgriffith47

cmgriffith47

Shroyer's Shaker was sold to a company in Houston, Texas. When they could not get the performance out of it that it was capable of, they hired Dick Shroyer as their driver. When racing became a conflict with his business, Dick hung up his racing slicks but never quit loving the sport. Dick passed away in March, 1993 at "The James" in Columbus, OH, from lung cancer. I am his sister and I have been trying to collect any magazines, photos or memorabilia from his racing days. I had a large collection of magazines with his photos and, after giving them to him, they eventually became his wife's possessions, and the family has never seen them since.

23. Hey, cmgriffith, hopefully you can find all the mags you used to have; eBay is a great resource. Here's one shot I have.
    [​IMG]

(BTW, by tradition, your first post on the HAMB should be an intro.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  24. Anyone else notice that the front wheel on the digger in the near lane is cruising along next to the rear tire? :eek: And the right tire is 'bout ready to depart from its normal place in the world. That had to be a Big Pucker Moment...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  25. brandon

brandon

you might do a search on here for shroyer shaker and rod shop....lot of cool pics on here... and if your on facebook , theres a bunch on the rod shop group. im lucky to know the guy that painted it and the guy that lettered it. happy hunting:)

26. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Tried to convice my wife yo buy/build me this abolute beatiful rail, but she's saving for a steam car...

27. Larry T

Larry T

My old Anglia when it was raced by the owner/builder Richard Lancaster at Green Valley in the mid 60's.
    A friend of mine stumbled across the picture on the Green Valley Facebook page. It was posted by Richard's daughter.

[​IMG]

28. johnk320

johnk320
    from Erie PA

Still hoping someone out there can help me find some history on my buddy's '40 Chevy gasser from TX. Back in the day it was raced as Mighty Mouse. Maybe raced in the Austin area? He bought it about five years ago from a broker in the Houston area. Wish we had more info to go on.... Looking for anything of it's racing history.

29. tarbabe

tarbabe
    from belgium

nice picture of INCH PINCHER

i know that this tread is more for slingshot , funny cars , altered and gassers , but if some of you have some vw pictures that would be cool , don't forget that those were part of race history too :I/Gas H/Gas in the late 60's &early 70's with Darrell Vittone with his inch pincher (Too) ,the Schleys bros with lightning bug (Too) , Andersons bros with here comes da bug (Too) , there's also Greg Aronson with Tarbabe , Ron Flemnig /Doug Gordon with underdog (too) etc....
    that will be cool to see some of them

thx
    fabs

30. rick finch

rick finch