Register now to get rid of these ads!

No longer a lurker, Introduction and my '46 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by linexrandy, Sep 15, 2013.

1. linexrandy

linexrandy

Greetings from the gateway of the panhandle of Texas. My name is Randy and I live in Childress Texas. Grew up in Buffalo Gap, 15 miles south of Abilene. Only lived here the last 2 years but am slowly learning that the hot rod scene up here is huge. From Delbert Wilsons collection to Summers Last Blast in Vernon, Quanah's car show and Owens Salvage being only 30 minutes north, I'm in hot rod heaven! Anywho all that jive aside...I've been searching for a '46-53 Chevy pickup for the last couple of years. Found plenty in fields, but alas the typical "not for sale, I'm gonna restore it some day". Mind you most these folks are in their 70's already. I stumbled upon this poor neglected '46 Ford (Blasphemy for a Chevy guy, I know!) on craigslist and happened to be the first person to contact him. He bought the truck in '76 as a minor, had his mom sign the title and drove it 2 yrs through highschool. Upon graduation he bought a Chevelle and the Ford sat in a field for 35 years. The motor and trans sold long ago, and vandals played pick and pull for parts and kids shot out the windows. It has bondo everywhere (did they not have welders in the '70s lmao?!) and has the cancer but some mig chemo should clear it up. I probably paid too much for it but it has a title and it's mine. Enough with the book crap, here's the truck:
    As it sat for 35 years:
    [​IMG]
    An hour and a half later with the help of a floor jack, cherry picker, and come along it was on the trailer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well there it is folks, rough as hell but being given a second chance at life. Hope to see you on the road in a few years lmao!

2. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Welcome from Essex Illinois. Looks like you've got some serious work ahead. Best of luck.

Sent via Western Union Express

3. RFH1931

RFH1931

Welcome from S.C.

4. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Welcome from the east bay Ca.

5. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Welcome to the HAMB from South Ga :) good luck with your new project, keep us posted

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Welcome from Hawaii! Good luck with the truck and be sure to start a thread so we can follow its journey.

7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

As the former owner of a '46 Ford PU, I say good score and welcome to the HAMB! You'll have a blast building it and driving it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Randy: Welcome to the Hamb. Great intro...need more like it. Looks like a solid start for you in the truck. It looks solid in the pics. Enjoy!!!! Tim

9. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett--

10. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

welcome from wellington

11. jalopy45

jalopy45

Welcome from Oregon, take a tour thru the Jailbar Social page here on the HAMB

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013