Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rambler Shoot Out Ramblers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4t64rd, Jul 28, 2008.

1. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

After that Homo comment Gassser-55 I presume your interested in the Rambler..............Actually so far it seems alot of college aged girls like that car which is just fine by me but if you think its for a Homo then I guess I'll be hearing back from you with a crazy high offer???

2. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

Call ME a Hillbilly if you like...I may go get some chicken and start preaching. :D

Attached Files:

3. dirtybirdpunk

dirtybirdpunk

The wifes grocery getter

[​IMG]

4. skwurl

skwurl

Here's ours

Attached Files:

5. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

Still eating that chicken... and moving my butt.
    About half way there on this old heap.

Attached Files:

6. inaxsma

inaxsma
    from london

A kid up the street and his dad bought my Rambler[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. dkendall

dkendall
    Member Emeritus

My little cruiser.

8. dkendall

dkendall
    Member Emeritus

try again

Attached Files:

9. csimula

csimula

Here's my 1964 Classic 550.
    Her radiator just blew the other day though. :mad:

Attached Files:

10. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

This is my 66 American. I am the second owner of this car. It was purchased from the AMC dealership in my town. The car sat for 24 years in the field behind the origianl owners house and was drug out of its sleep and plopped down in my garage. After replacing tank (Thanks yngrodder), fuel pump, carb, radiator, brakes and a few odds and ends I registered the little Rambler on what would have been the original owners 97th birthday. I have been enjoying cruising this car around and my plans are to weld in some floor pans and enjoy Ramblin.

[​IMG]

11. Dirty Bird Clothing Co

Dirty Bird Clothing Co

This is my girlfriends 58

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  12. nickleone

nickleone

13. nickleone

nickleone

14. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

15. May Pop

May Pop

Mom had a 64 4 door that the hood opened while driving and got ruined. The car had a light blue Earl Schieb paint job on it. Ugly car but it was all she could afford. So the car looks bad for months. One nite were in the city and see an identical car with the same crappy paint job. 2 weeks later the car is sitting in the same spot with no front tires on it. So the buddies and I swiped the hood at about 1 in the morning. It was a perfect match. That car lasted another year before it died. Great cars.

Ron

16. Speed~On

Speed~On

You have probably already seen these two from reading the 2013 Torque Fest thread. These 2 sweet rides were at Torque Fest.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. flynstone

flynstone

my 64 i just picked up

18. flynstone

flynstone

hmmmm try this

Attached Files:

19. Todd's Rod's

Todd's Rod's
    from MInnesota

I have a 64 wagon, however I have no idea what to do with it, suggestions

20. Yes... Those two...

I have no idea how this turned into a "Share your Rambler's Hopes and Dreams" thread

21. ColinCS

ColinCS

Here's my '64 American. In the very beginning stages of the build still. Build thread is in my signature if you want to check it out more!
    [​IMG]

22. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

The Nitrous bottle in the fender well reminds me of a story from back in high school. I had a friend named Rudy, Rudy had a 61 Rambler Classic 4 door. Rudy was a drag racing fanatic and an early stereo and and electronics nut also. One of his favorite activities was to go tot he local drag strip ad make reel to reel tapes through dual microphones of the staging and starting line area. He made recordings and took copious notes of the cars, there modifications, etc. He also liked to listen to his recordings played very loudly in his garage. One day I went over to Rudy's garage ad he had the front end of his Classic up in the air with the front wheels off. Whats going on I asked. He replied he was modifying his car for street racing. His modifications consisted of small PA speakers mounted up under his front fenders. Further modifications included a stereo amplifier and a new 8 track player hookd to the amp and feed to the speakers. He had made his own 8 track of his favorite drag strip recordings, which when played through the speakers made his Classic sound like it had a very health powerplant under the hood instead of the straight 6. When Friday night came around we went to the local street racing location and cruised around till we lined opposite one of the local hot cars, we pulled up and Rudy triggered the tape of some full race V8 blowing out open headers. The guys in the other car either took the bait, and raced off like mad to the next light, or they idles away so as not to get embarrassed loosing to the Rambler. Had a couple weekends of great fun till the cat was let out of the bag. We even got to the point where with three passengers in the car we could torque rock it in time to the serious engine reving at the light. This looks alot like the Rudy Rambler except for its lack of rust.

[​IMG]

23. There's a commercial on TV where a little girl wants to be able to change her little brother into a puppy and bring him to school for show and tell and tell them he's her puppy-brother... There's a flash of second little girl, eyes wide open, mouth agape, slightly nodding her head while the first girl explains all this.\

Just imagine me as the second little girl, but shaking my head side to side.

24. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

Painted the top Cool Vanilla and dropped it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]