Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1960 desoto taillights

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 46poncho, Sep 23, 2013.

1. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

hi guys,
    i picked up a nice set of 60 desoto tailight housings at a swap meet this week end. was wondering if the 60 chrysler boomerang lenses will fit in these housings???? I really like the boomerangs better.
    thanks
    Scott

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Probably - but the "tale of the tape" should answer your question. Makes sense they'd interchange, but making sense wasn't a major priority back in the 60s.

3. froghawk

froghawk

'60 Desoto Adventurer light housing has a different shape than the simple boomerang '60 Chrysler light. Probably won't interchange.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 46poncho

46poncho
    from Indiana

thanks guys, just thought i read somewhere they were interchangable, but with the pics i can see they are not!

5. Swifster

Swifster

For what it's worth, I like the DeSoto tail lights better. Hopefully they are reproduced.

6. big M

big M

George Laurie in Australia was reproducing the lenses several years ago, not sure if they are still in production, though. Housings are only available as used, or N.O.S items.

---John