Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features pix of my 52 buick and 65 fury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cant_get_52_buick_runin, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Cant_get_52_buick_runin

Cant_get_52_buick_runin

hi guys I'm new here.. just wanted to share a few pix of my 52 buick non running yet...

1965 plymouth fury that runs awesome!!

Attached Files:

2. WillyNilly

WillyNilly
    from NorCal

Welcome! My family used to own a '65 Fury II. After my buddy and I did a quick valve job on it, it ran like a Stanley Steamer! LOL!

3. BigOl'Buick

BigOl'Buick
    from Vegas

Nice start for a project! You'll definitely have fun with it. Just took mine out for it's first trip after a 7 year slumber. Had a small fuel issue right away but she ran great and drove sketchy the rest of the way. Have fun with it! feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

4. Cant_get_52_buick_runin

Cant_get_52_buick_runin

thanx guys... i just got the buick running today.. new battery and cleaned the plugs... it fired up after cranking for a while.. i flooded the carb yesterday trying to get it fired up... seems to run pretty good too.. I'm excited now the it runs.. on to the fun stuff!

5. BigOl'Buick

BigOl'Buick
    from Vegas

sweet.. nothin like the smell of old gas burning with crusty oil to get you fired up! how long was she sleeping for?

6. BigOl'Buick

BigOl'Buick
    from Vegas

ha! just saw you had another thread goin. Sounds like you're embarking on the same journey I went on. I got some good info on parts and things you may be interested in. Water pump will be a fun one to find. I used the Flying Dutchman as recommended by someone on here, worked out great. $150 with 2 year warranty. Also check out Buick farm and Kanter. you're fuel pump oughta start squirtin soon. I opted to go electric, $50 at O'reilly. Precision brand 6 volt. mount it close to the tank, mines in the trunk. Shit brother, I can go on and on.. hahaha! Again, let me know if you have any questions.

7. robertsregal

robertsregal

8. nice looking wheels there ...

welcome to the board .....

9. Cant_get_52_buick_runin

Cant_get_52_buick_runin

thanx for all the advice on parts... i was think of goin electric pump but i dont feel right about it... how hard is to to rebuild the stock fuel pump?? i have the original one off and i cant understand how to reconnect the bottom diapghram ?? seems impossible

10. BigOl'Buick

BigOl'Buick
    from Vegas

i never got that far.. pulled the fuel lines off and redirected them to the electric one and never looked back. Its still bolted to the block pumping air and she don't seem to mind