Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my $300.00 1950 ford f1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elmcitydave, Jul 7, 2012.

1. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Looking good.I know all about"low buck"builds.BTDT.Years ago a friend lost his father to a heart attack when he was about16.Had to help support his mom and sister.Over a period of about 3 years,he built up a nice DD 66/67 Chevy truck.
    Never paid a dime for a single part.Scrounged or traded labor for them.Still drives it today.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

2. fitzee

fitzee

I enjoy these low buck builds..I always enjoy seeing and getting ideas on how to do stuff with no money!! I been doing it that way for years.. Keep up the good work and most of all have fun build it

3. HD74

HD74

Great thread, but I still can't believe you were able to get that crossmember out, well done.

4. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Great build and I really like the truck! Metal fab is looking great as well.

Posted from the international space station & powered by the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. hoodprop

hoodprop

Great work. I have a 53 F100 with a SBC and TH350 it is common and it is your truck. Thought about cutting out the orginal cross member was not for sure on the structure. Great truck have fun and keep at it.

6. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Glad to see this one back up. Great work & fabrication skills. I have a 49 F1 with a 350 & a 700R4. Its a great highway cruiser with plenty of power and should be towing my canned ham trailer soon. Please keep us posted on your work.

7. windsurf88

windsurf88

looking good keep it going.

8. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

I just went through this whole thread, and I am definitely impressed! While I am a bit of a "purist" I too know what it is like to work on a budget and I have nothing negative at all to say about your choice of engine/trans. Hell if all you had laying around was a Toyota 1UZ-FE 4.0L V8 and you stuffed it in there, it would be bad ass because its yours and it is more importantly...ON THE ROAD! Keep up the great work and I cannot wait to see more progress. Also...I really dig the "fix here" with the arrow pointing at the rust...is that there so that when you finish a few bottles of Red Stripe you remember what to fix? hahaha!

9. Looking forward to seeing the finished product, so far I am really enjoying the thread. Keep up the good work.

10. gdub

gdub

Your truck is looking great, I like a low budget hands on build way better than the purely professional ones. It's a whole lot like my $355 panel truck build. I put a 302/c4 in mine. I would make some snotty purist comment but I put a Volare front-end under it so it's not exactly pure as the driven snow.

Attached Files:

11. Dave
    Where are you?
    No update since last January.
    You still working on this?