Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dragster project - Showing off

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kerry, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Yesterday Inman Ks had their little fall festival, Santa Fe Days. I pulled the digger through the parade with Cheryl wearing the fire suit jacket and helmet, throwing candy from the digger., :) Mom has been bugging me for years to have one of my projects in the parade so this was the year to show off the dragster. Hope she enjoyed it as I don't see us doing it again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great idea, I imagine it was a hit.

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Cannot get any better than that.

5. Shoulda stuck the candy in the pipes and then lit it up. Shoot, that'd be better than roman candles on the 4th.

6. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Good for you!! I'd think some of the people there really have never seen a dragster up close, Tim Jones

7. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's great! I'm sure it made an impression on the kids. They'll be looking for you next year.

8. Did that little ride down the street inspire Cheryl to want to maybe try it out for real one time? :)

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

9. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Ha! That's cool.

10. So when we were through the parade I pulled off to the right and came back up the street a bit to find a place to park about a half block from main street. A buddy who works at a local parts place came up so see the digger. I asked if he'd like to hear her. Of course! Cheryl had headed back to main street to see more of the parade. She said I hijacked the parade when I got the digger fired up. :)

11. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

nice . . . nothing will turn heads faster than a blown motor with zoomies :D

12. I have done something similar! Awesome

13. fanbelt

fanbelt

In the 60's we raced gokarts in downtown Inman.

14. Kerry
    A "little bit of showing off" is acceptable when you are dragging a FED thru the streets for your local parade.....that is cool:cool:
    ...and you "had to" start it up.....hahaha

15. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

cool

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Mama,s know.
    She knows you really been wantin to show off a little even tho you wouldnt admit it:D
    Sounds like she must be pretty proud of you;)

17. NoSurf

NoSurf

HaHa- nice!!!

18. thats a crowd pl easier =)

19. OLDTGUY

OLDTGUY

Cool, that digger had to be the hit of the parade.
    JJ

20. We got to the park where they were staging the parade kind of early so I fueled the old girl up and fired her to make sure everything was in order. Looked good so I shutoff the fuel and let her die. In about 5 minutes a hay trailer with the grade school football team, the Inman Crush, rolled past and pulled in, in front of us. a bunch of the kids were asking if the digger was what was making all that noise they heard. Yep!!! :)

Very cool fanbelt! Were you around when they drag raced on Lake Valley road?

21. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

22. fanbelt

fanbelt

No dragracing around there. I was with a group from Pratt, we raced around a 3 cornerd block and our pit was on the sidewalk in front of a beer joint about 1964. I think.

23. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

24. Not in the slightest! She wanted the jacket and helmet to maintain her anonymity! :-D

25. I never knew they did that. I'm gonna ask around. Maybe it should happen again! FWIW, I parked the digger on the east-west part of that triangle when I fired her up.