Register now to get rid of these ads!

Miles Mesa's old Kustom shop got torn down today & I took pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by showrod, Nov 8, 2007.

1. duke182

duke182

2. OLLIN

OLLIN

I think i remember seeing this car at the anti-blessing car show like 10 years ago. If not it was a real similar one. I remember i owned a 50 chevy coupe at the time and i thought this one was stunning. Has all the right mods!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. flat 39

flat 39

Miles painted my '69 Mustang. Beautiful candy apple red with gold peril flames. That was when he stilled worked out of his garage on Belmont Rd.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. eldorobo

eldorobo

My dad was Archie Fisher and we knew Miles from I guess the late 50's. He started hanging around and working in my dad's shop about that time. He bought a Red 57 Belair and the 62 Impala and and they where wreaks when he got them. Got my first dog from him!!! Lots of good memories!!!!!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Sad....some say sign of the times ....so many old, cool places many of us became accustomed to, are disappearing too dang fast!!!

6. ssur

ssur
    from san diego

Hi there, I’m Miles Masa’s grandson I have a couple of questions for you if you have some time. Also if you’d like I have hundreds of photos of his customs and features from numerous magazines. If anyone would like to see that stuff up here somewhere. Thank for stopping that day and saving what you could and documenting part of my families history, makes me proud that people still respect things like this.

7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Ask away.....WE LOVE PICTURES......

8. Please!!! Any pictures of traditional customs would be awesome! We love old pictures! They do have to show old vehicles like 1965 or older. Please post those up!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Even though I never saw this place or met any of the people mentioned it still saddens me to see more of our 60s leave. It truly was a magical time to live in..

chryslerfan55 and 54delray like this.
  10. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

People on this forum who knew the name Miles Masa would love seeing the pictures. And those who don`t, need to know the history behind him and the cars he built. You will end up learning a thing or two about him along with everyone else. Post away. @ssur

11. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

I can't wait... I would love to see more of this Merc. I loved the taillight treatment he did to this car. null_zps6742fb9f.jpg

12. topher5150

topher5150

Let's play "what are they going to put there next" roulette...will it land on a strip mall, or a parking garage, or the grand prize overpriced cookie-cutter condos

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

@ssur We would love to see some of those pics when you get around to it. The Merc I posted above was in Street Rodder magazine. I recall it had a 51/52 Plymouth 3 tooth grill. Article mentioned the Merc saw regular street use in Chicago, I believe. Said it had been hit by a ball, kids playing stickball in the street, or something like that.

stanlow69 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  14. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

Does anyone know if Miles had a shop on Belmont Avenue in Downers Grove?
    I'm thinking it might have been just a little north of Maple Avenue.

54delray likes this.
  15. Correct, that is the building I believe at the start of this thread. It later became Keytone the auto body supply and paint store before they moved around the corner on Maple.

54delray, stanlow69 and quick85 like this.