Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Burnt out , sure will snap some in the next few days and add it here .

2. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

what are you running for front brakes ? 4t6ford? rear end etc

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

4t6ford and Evilfalcon1961, between the two of you I'm really diggin' the Minilite wheels! That might be an alternative for the upcoming Ranchero now that my Trus are no longer, well, true...

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same here. Looking to get a 15" set myself.

5. Star 351

Star 351

My mates 65 XP coupe, still had the six in these photos we later ripped it out and replaced it with a 302, c4 and 8"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But before we sandblasted and painted the engine bay and floor so the rest can be painted without pulling the running gear at a later date
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  6. Evil , there were a couple mustangs that got raped and pillaged!
    Front spindles, upper and lower arms etc and brakes came from '66 Shelby Mustang. The Shelby's use a Kelsey Hayes 4 pot caliper on a 11.25 Rotor . I rebuilt the calipers and fitted new rotors. Master cylinder and proportioning valve are new replacements for '67 Mustang.
    No Booster , If I decide it needs one I'll likely run a remote one in the front line only.

New 7/8" front sway bar , Pedders heavy duty shocks and aftermarket heavy/lowered front coils. I also did the Shelby Drop on the upper arms.

Rear end is Maverick 8" with the backing plates from the same mustang, new drums shoes , shoes and hardware kit. 2" Blocks in rear , gas shocks.

I will see how the suspension settles once it's done a few miles and may adjust the ride height a little then . It hasn't been driven yet , hoping for a shakedown run this weekend.

Engine is 289 & C4 from a '66 Mustang that a friend was repowering , I just did gaskets, paint and a carb rebuild and threw away the chinese HEI that was in it. I used a Mallory twin point and fitted a vac advance to it.

Louvers / Gimpy , I'm holding Evil responsible for corrupting the lot of us! :p
    Seeing the way they looked on that sweet little hardtop was what got me....
    They kinda grow on ya .

Rod .

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  7. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

8. radeckk9462

radeckk9462

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379651864.304944.jpg my 1962 moredoor falcon project

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

10. In my 63 I'm running a egay Champion Chinese aluminum 64-67 V-8 Mustang radiator with a driver's side outlet and auto trans cooler an' a Stant 13LB cap.

185F Stant T-stat with a # 44 drilled bleed hole oriented up in the housing.

I don't have enough room for a mechanical fan so I'm runnin' an electric pusher fan mounted on the front of the radiator with an adjustable fan controller- 205-210F on, 190-195F off. The system runs about 6PSI full hot.

I've had no problems with the cheesy radiator.

Fan cycles in stop n' go traffic.

Engine seems to be happiest @ 195-200F.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

12. In the '60 I have an alloy rad , 180 deg thermostat with a drilled bleed hole and a 13lb cap . Mechanical fan. No shroud as yet , I havn't had the car out on the road yet so can't say how well it all cools until I do . Getting close though! :)

13. I'm missing the two little corner pieces of trim for the rear screen trim on the '60 Tudor . Would anybody here have a couple spare they'd sell me ?

Thanks in advance :)

14. DAGONITWIT

DAGONITWIT
    from NO VA

Jumping in with my '63 1/2. Also a pic of the inspiration for my build. Although mine will have more of a Drag Racing profile since that's what I like to do. Controversial plans in the works that will undoubtedly not please some folks. Updates to follow.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Ooooh, goody!
    I'm not alone...
    Another Northern Virginia dude is vandalizing a Falcon...

16. Veach

Veach

Wait till you see what we are doing down here in Texas

17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All this talk of radiatiors gave me cause to go check mine. Not sure how it is possible, but the date stamped in mine, coincides with the week that my '60 left the San Jose (Milpitas) factory. Still clean inside, still runs cool. Nuts.

18. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Attached Files:

19. Just hadda replace mine. Date stamped 10/60 for my car built on 10/25/60.

BTW, seems all aftermarket rads for my Falcon are the same (which is to says there's only one). It's a three row A/T rad, fits a bit tight, but it fits and works better than necessary. The fan now struggles to pull enough air through the core at idle (450 rpm), so I get a bit of temp rise at idle. All is good above that speed. Gona build me a shroud, when I get the time (and get outta this cast!)

Cosmo

20. Gimpy , our '60 was also assembled at SJ, whats the build date on your drivers door tag ?

21. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

02H. August 2, 1960.

22. Ours is 22H , 20 days later . Would've been hard case if they'd left the plant the same day. Do you know where yours was sold new ? Ours was Redlands Ca

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dervin Ford, Novato, CA. Still has the license plate frame from the dealer on it.

24. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

25. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I have been working on a radiator, core support fan shroud deal for about the past 4 weeks. Mine is not for a v8, but rather a much longer 6, which would put limits on me that you V8 guys would not necessarily have to face. The motor is so long, that even stripped the only way I could get it in the car was to lift the car over the engine and have all of the front suspension and crossmember removed. This necessitated me needing to cut the core support, which you probably wouldn't need to do if you're running a v8. Once I cut the core support the structural integrity of the front was compromised, so it also had to have strength, which I wouldn't recommend doing just to install a v8.
    All that being said, if any of the above information would be helpful to any of you, let me know and I will go shoot some pictures of it. Peace and good luck :)

26. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

27. .

Changed out the exhaust manifolds today , fitted up all the new glass runs and cat whiskers to the doors , new pan gasket and filter in the trans and made a start on the exhaust sytem. Not a bad days work I guess .
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  28. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Not at all! Thanks for the motivation. Fantastic looking car.

29. We sure do have a lot of white Falcons in this thread and I like 'em!

Nice work, four-six.

[​IMG]

Like some other dudes here, I'm starting to get all warm n' fuzzy about Mini Lite wheels, too. If I could afford a set...

30. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Konig Rewind. Summit has them.