Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Fleetline Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drofdar, Jul 30, 2012.

1. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

Due to race season, the 50 has been on the back burner. Now, I'm moving, so the project went into overdrive! There's only a few more weeks until it has to get into the paint shop. We decided on a Lexus color - Matador Red Mica. It's really a deep rich pomegranate color that looks great in sunlight. We think it'll go really nice with the camel interior. It was a pain, but all the sheet metal went on temporarily so I could set pinion angle and tack the perches. Off came the body, again, and then finished welding the perches, ran brake/fuel lines/exhaust. Yesterday, I got the trunk, lid, firewall, and under hood painted. The body gets put back on the frame today. Next, the sheet metal gets installed, and the car gets running. Then off to paint!

Attached Files:

2. drofdar

drofdar
    from Fresno Ca

The body is now back on the frame for good. This weekend, the doors hood, trunk lid go back on. After I get the brake setup completed, the fenders go on. I found the brake pedal lever bushing to be missing. So, I called Todd at Walton Fabrication and he was very helpful. He's sending me a new part, no charge, even though I probably lost it! I like his product. Since this car will be a driver, the dual master is essential. The photo of the Caddy Vert is what we are looking for, color wise, and with the Camel interior.

Attached Files: