Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model T Value

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldwood, Aug 24, 2013.

1. That's nice, but you're wrong. Most people are, frankly, idiots, and when they see a car with the paint baked off or worn they assume it's junk even though it's just surface rust. The same exact car with a coat of primer will sell for more money, faster, than one you leave alone, because once the rust doesn't show, the same idiot will think the same car is buildable.

Case in point I had a '31 AA truck that wasn't bad, but the paint was gone. I couldn't even get someone to give me scrap for it. I put the cab on a car frame/axles with a pickup bed and a nicer hood and it still went nowhere. So I painted all of it with a brush with Rustoleum and 30 days later I sold it for $3500.

Before that, I had a '37 Willys sedan that also went nowhere for better than a year until I threw a super crappy coat of spray can primer at it. And that car had most of it's original paint on it, not great, but obviously mustard yellow with black fenders. Sold it a couple months later.

Bottom line is I dont even waste my time anymore, if the paint is gone, I spend a day to put a crap coat of some kind of paint on there. Then I don't have to watch them sit for multiple years because people are too stupid to see the potential in what's there.

2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I'm wrong but at least not an idiot, lol.;)

That's very interesting about your success in selling with primer. I guess most people just "want to believe". Still, I chuckle to myself when I see parts for sale that are so pitted you can almost see through them, but they are bandaged with a fresh coat of rust oxide primer as if to say "it'll save".

3. cb1

cb1
    from Wisconsin

Your next post will be how do I title a model T. I would pay as a parts car, without title, until I saw one in the sellers name and current. I'm not from Arkansas, so I dont know. In Wisconsin, the a current title is worth more than that car. Ask me how I know...

That said, there is a lot there from what I see. Not just a tub and/or frane, which is the usual find, etc... If the title was good, current and clear, it would go for 2500 to 3500 around here. Otherwise, like everyone else says.

cb1

4. 29pu

29pu

A big factor in the price would be if it has most of the correct hard to find and expensive parts on it for the year and what shape their in.Alot of hot rod bodies are restorers throw aways.Most T parts are interchangable though years but a lot of them are year specificate.The more correct parts on it the price will increase.