Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1954 chevy 210 Front Wheel Studs

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Cabbie, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Cabbie

Cabbie
    from DeLand, FL

I have been playing with the front end of my car for way to long, and decided to go back to stock, with cut springs, and lowered steering arms. The lowered steering arms put the tie rod end too close to the tire, and it rubs when turning.

I have one broken stud needing replacement so I am looking to put some longer studs in so I can add a spacer between the wheel and drum. The problem is I cant seem to find the dimensions of the knurled part of the stud. I can find the following:

7/16"-20 Right Hand Thread
    1-3/8" Overall Length

Anyone out there know of a part number or dimension that will work? I only need about an additional 1/2".

Thanks,
    Dan

Attached Files:

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i'd pound one out and take it to napa or carquest and ask for ones just like it but longer...

3. Blk210

Blk210
    from New Market

Pound one out mic it and go to your local speed shop or jegs and get a whole set more than long enough from moroso

4. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

I have changed ALOT of studs before, and they always come out by banging them with a hammer....
    but not these. I beat the crap out of them and they wouldnt budge. I ended up breaking them off and drilling out the head.
    Anyways, maybe the part number below would help, I do know these were just slightly longer than the originals

[​IMG]

5. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego