Register now to get rid of these ads!

54 chevy 2 door slow build...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sweeden, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

I actually bought a set of classics for it now still big but its got that traditional hot rod look to the wheel... just super sized haha

2. leadfoot85

leadfoot85

any updates? i'm stalled out on my project, waiting for parts... need some motivation!

3. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

Were still working on the frame kinda had a few snag ups over the last month and havent got a ton done but its creepin along. After doing everything we could with the front end to hold the 22s im gonna end up taking the front end out after slamfest and the rod run and putting a mustang 2 in unfortunately. Since the kind pin setup cant really be aligned i cant run it since at ride height (3 inches" the car would tare through tires monthly.

Attached Files:

4. leadfoot85

leadfoot85

Sorry to hear about your front end... Looks killer with 22's though!!

5. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

thanx leadfoot i love the wheels they are eventually gonna get painted but for right now they look sick in silver on the bare metal car. maybe the traditional guys can atleast appreciate that its a classic wheel and not some giant chrome dub floater lol. Its all good about the front end im gonna try to re coup some of my losses by parting out the front end or selling as a whole bolt in ready to go bad ass front end for a decent price. The frame should be done in the next couple weeks just gotta get the link in and the notch and well toss the body back on.

6. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

Some frame work incomplete of course and we are gonna re do it but this was one of our first attempts. We are gonna run the link more like the frame next to mine is done. Yes im aware that the drive shaft would hit that x member... No worries its not our first rodeo ;) sold the whole front end and threw away what wasnt worth selling now were gonna freshen it up a bit ill have pics up here in a month or so hopefully the frame will be done then and we have no more set backs

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379477387.914041.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. FIRME56

FIRME56

Love the build! !! Hey before you change the back half; check out jiminez brothers customs. They have a bitchin two link. I'm running it (check my thread). Factory tunnel in tack... no floor cutting necessary.

8. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

Thanx man ill check it out but im really not a 2 link guy just more at home with a 4link. Theres no avoiding cutting the floor anyways due to the large wheels so were eventually gonna completely cut the floor out and make a new smooth floor for it.

9. FIRME56

FIRME56

Yeah neither was I... but I decided to give it a shot. What wheel setup are you going with? I'm rockin the wide whites, hubcaps, on 15's

10. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

I bought a set of craiger style 22s for it. Just like the look of a big wheel in a car that lays body. Def would have made my life much easier to go with the wide whites but everyone was telling me that i had to put them on there and that shit dont fly with me. If its a must its def no happening haha very against the grain just like doin my own thing ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379481286.403491.jpg

11. FIRME56

FIRME56

Lol... I dig that look also. I've noticed people are runnin big wheels on more 60's impalas. It looks bitchin

12. sweeden

sweeden
    BANNED

Yea the frame next to mine is for a 62 biscayne that hes building to lay body on 22s same thing as a impala just one less taillight and no cool emblem lol. I guess the "scene" im in its a bit more popular to do the big wheels but noones ever happy with what ur doing to ur own car lol. Fuck em... Like i always say if u dont like what im doin to my car dont look at it and build ur own turd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.