Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Joey Anchors

Joey Anchors

How much are panels going for these days?

2. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

it took me 24 years from the first time i saw one, to when i got one.(panel) it didn't did cost much, but they just don't come up often. i've been ofered 10k for mine,(1/2 done) but i won't sell.

3. 1968pickup

1968pickup
    from ND

wired these up to see how they roughly will look I think im gona go for it I will put a license plate between them to break it up a little bit what do you guys think ?

Attached Files:

droppedstepside likes this.
  4. Joey Anchors

Joey Anchors

5. econolineherb

econolineherb

Lights are kool . Bumpers not so much . The ICC put them on many vans and pickups .

6. Hey gang.

I'm just finally working out all the old bugs on my newly acquired '66 Econoline left behind by the string of previous monkey wrench wielding idiot owners.

[​IMG]

Since I got it, my first priority was to make it safe and dependable. Now that I'm on the downhill side of that, the only thing that really bugs me about the van is the nose. It was beat in pretty bad and then some dillweed decided to beat out the dents from the inside with what looks to be a ballpeen hammer.

Does anyone have any ideas where to start? I mean, I've done my share of bodywork in my day and have even welded in new rear corners on this van. BUT, I've not had much luck in the past getting extremely tweaked metal straight. If there is one thing I'm dead set on is that there will NOT be a ton of bondo in this beast when all is said and done.

Do any of you sheetmetal Guru's have any pointers? Thanks!

7. elba

elba

[​IMG]

After completely overhauling the dreivetrain and engine, I put new wheels and tires on it and drove it in the back 40 today . It will be ready for paint in a few weeks.

8. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

I need a 61 to 64 manual 3speed trans if anybody has one. Ive posted it in the wanted section also.

9. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

I have one. I'm in Michigan though. I can ship it business to business pretty cheap. IM me if interested.

10. econolineherb

econolineherb

Vic has one in Ca.

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

FWIW, I think that any '61-67 3-speed trans will work as long as it came from a 144 or 170 Econoline. The 240 trans is different, so make sure you have the right one before you ship it!

12. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Not being a smart ass, but it might help if I knew who Vic was. I have a line on one in Georgia guys checking on shipping. THANKS Guys:rolleyes:

13. second fiddle

second fiddle

Please....no on the bumpers!

14. econolineherb

econolineherb

Vic is on the Econoline groups . There's alot of people on the groups with parts and are in just about every state . Canada and over sea . There might be someone close to you to help .

15. Muttley

Muttley

Whats the problem.......your crystal ball in the shop or something? :D ;)

16. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

most people that have a econoline know who vic is. he's been into econoline's and the van scene from the beginning.

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

He goes by "Vic in CA" on the Econoline/van forums.

18. big57daddy

big57daddy

Harrison:
    is this what you are looking for? If so, PM me.

It's a little crusty, but everything is there and it should clean up OK.

cheers, Ray

Attached Files:

19. can somebody get a hold of "Vic in Ca" for me and see if he can get me a decent oil pan for a '65 ford falcon econoline van ,240 ,6 cyl.motor
    or anybody got one for sale.....

20. econolineherb

econolineherb

vic is at .
    vlafountain@so cal.rr remove space .

Like i said Join the groups .

21. johnnybentwrench

johnnybentwrench

I picked up extra corner windows today

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  22. Joe Bassett

Joe Bassett
    from usa

I have a 1964 5 window drive it every day 170 6 4 speed Joe in Fl

23. wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy

24. I have a 200 in my '65 Econoline panel van. Before I start spending $$$ on it, I was wondering if a 300 swap is possible/would be a better choice.

Hate to dump $$$ into the 200 when dumping it into a 300 makes more sense.

TIA, JH

25. wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy

A 300 or a 240 will go in but not the injected 300 as it is to tall

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

It's just as much work to drop in a 300 as it is to drop in a 289/302 and slightly less work than dropping in a 351.

Do a search. I posted all the details of Econoline engine swapping a few years ago. In a nutshell, if you have a 200 you're going to need a transmission, driveshaft, rear end, and radiator just to get started. Then you're going to need to set up a new throttle system and modify your motor mounts. Pretty much nothing from the small 6 (144/170/200) van will work with a big 6 (240/300) or v8 swap. It can be done, and it's not that hard if you have the parts. You'll probably be a lot happier with more power... but upgrade your brakes, too. :)

27. wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy

Hellfish is correct on every point, if you have the 65 Econo then you should have the removable mount/Xmember which will have to be modified and Vic in CA does a bang up job jig welding the mounts and all you have to do is bolt it up and drop in the 302. Go to Yahoo Groups and look up econosrus and join the group also oldeconolines is another group .

28. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

Something looks familiar here!! Good to see you Terry.

Duane in Tennessee

29. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

if it was me, I wouldn't bother with the sixes, go for the 302, it fits nice.[​IMG]

30. Thanks guys. This is the info I needed. I'm staying pretty "stock" on this one. It's not my only ride and it'll rarely ever get outside of town. I think sticking with my 200 is my best bet.

Let the $$$ dumping commence!

JH