Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1930 model A Pick-up build (1st Build)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jerome.solt, Aug 20, 2013.

1. I am home from deployment and finally got to see what I bought while in Kuwait.I have to give major props to my brother in law Cliff. One thing's for sure I wouldn't have been able to do it with out his help!It's better than what I thought in some places on the cab, but its still rough. Good thing I have all the panels. Here some pictures of what I came home to......... time to start cutting,grinding and welding!

Attached Files:

2. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Thank you for your service! Best to you in this build, looks like a great project!

3. here is some more pictures .................

Attached Files:

4. Cool- Got a build plan all laid out for it? engine/tran, fender/not, etc.

last pic in post 3 reminded me of MIL..

5. Thats a black tip shark I caught in Kuwait.... He wasn't very happy. Im throwing a 302 roller motor in it with 3 holley 94's not sure about a trans at this time. I really want a 4 speed but might wind up going with a t-5. 9" will be planting the power to the ground. I am going to do a mild chop with suicide doors. Its going to be a hiboy but I might z the frame not sure just yet. I've given it a lot of thought and have been following a few builds on here so I'm going to be stealing a few Idea's off of some of you guys.I'll be at the Wheels of Time show this week end in Macungie this week end. If anyone is going stop by my stand and say hello. It will be Fat Chico's Kustom Works. here is some pictures of the intake set up.Time for me to go before the wife comes home and sees auto parts in the kitchen again. Last time when she saw the harley in the kitchen she went loco....LOL:D -Fat Chico

Attached Files:

6. Grudge

Grudge

Hey man, welcome home. Good luck with your build, if you find any good ideas on my build thread let me know :D

Aaron

7. Aaron you build is the main one I was talking about. I love the fuel tank you built and your truck has the perfect ride height.- Fat Chico

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Grudge

Grudge

Hey thanks! If you have any questions PM me.

Aaron

9. Sorry for the lack of updating. It's been a crazy week. I got a little bit done but can't up load pictures from my phone. So here we go got both doors removed that was a major project. Nothing like having 83 year old screws that were frozen in the hinges. Also started to get the fire wall cleaned up and got a couple holes filled in. I'll get some pictures up for you all in a couple days! - Fat Chico

10. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

Welcome home, time for some R & R.....

11. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

Good luck brother , im starting my build as well

12. Thanks Koop! flatheadz nice thread looking good man. Here are the pictures I promised more to come soon! I'll be at the Hot Rod Hoedown this weekend in Philly if anyone is going.

Attached Files:

13. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Welcome home man. Had my 31 pickup for 3 years now. At least your doors fit! My cab is really tweaked! Got it fired up, drove it around the yard a bit with no doors, lol. Not ready to blow it apart just yet though. Few more spins in it before we pull the cab to fix everything this winter.

14. O/cs_rodder

O/cs_rodder
    from Cincinnati

thank you very much for your service. what branch? and good luck on the build!

15. F-6 I've been following your build congrats man. O/cs. I'm in the Pennsylvania National Guard. Thanks!

16. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

Cool, thanks man I'll be watching yours too. Hopefully we can get my cab straightened out over the winter and get some paint on it in the spring. It's been a hard road for me getting it this far, sometimes I just start it up to listen to it, lol. Take care man.

17. louisb

louisb

Seeing all these cool A pickups makes me wish I could fit in one. Following along on your progress.

--louis

18. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

They are tiny that's for sure. My brother and I were sitting in mine and I told him, "you damn well better like who you're riding with"

19. Yeah my drivers door is tweeked good. Needs some adjusting.I'll be working on it the pick-up tomorrow. More pictures to follow...........

20. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

my cab is sorta tweaked as well, they just about all are I would assume, not the most rigid bodies ever made that for sure.

21. Yeah I'm thinking of making an extended cab but I have to cut up a set of doors I don't have to do that....

22. Sorry for the long delay I've been busy starting my business and spending time with my wife and daughter. But got a couple hours free tonight. I got the two halves welded back together and started replacing the lower cowl patch. I should have the drivers side in tomorrow night and some more pictures for you all as well! Hope you all like the progress so far! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379396901.379175.jpg

23. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379397031.692086.jpg

24. Drivers side cowl patch is in. It felt real good to be back grinding and welding again. I haven't welded in about 4 years. Dam I miss it. The patch went in ok. I rushed a little bit and wound up with a little oil cannin'. A little bit if working the metal and it took it right out so its fine now. Lesson relearned I took my time on the passenger side.

Attached Files:

25. Passenger side was as equally as ugly as the drivers side maybe a little worse off. But all in all went well I took my time a little more on this side and it came out well. Busy the rest of the week and the in-laws are finally getting hitched after being together for some thing like 24 years so hoping I get to work back on it Sunday! I'm really loving working on my own project!

Attached Files:

26. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Looking great so far!

27. Got to work on it for a little bit tonight. The inner door patch fit real nice. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379992350.245487.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379992476.430036.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379992589.440756.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379992667.011114.jpg