Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cruisin the Coast HAMB Meet-n-Greet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CherryDeuce, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. Judd

Judd

Should I bring the Galaxie or the Comet?

Attached Files:

• NH2.JPG
      NH2.JPG
      File size:
      324.9 KB
      Views:
    • NW2.JPG
      NW2.JPG
      File size:
      49.9 KB
      Views:
  3. prewarpete

prewarpete

I am planning on driving down from Baton Rouge in the 27!

[​IMG]

4. boutlaw

boutlaw

Marriott Courtyard still had some rooms for Wednesday only nothing through the weekend. There are still rooms at Days Inn south of I 10 on 49 north of Gulfport, not on beach of course, but a place to sleep. They won't last long. See ya there.

Judd, I vote for the Comet, but hell, as close as you are you can swap cars out dailey.

BOutlaw

5. boutlaw

boutlaw

Hey Deuce, just sent you a PM for some more detailed info. Just got ALL the room nites I needed through Sunday. Three different hotels. Whoeeee.

BOutlaw

6. i'll be spectating this year, but I will be participating next year. the truck runs, but doesn't drive. and even if it did drive I wouldn't be brining it cause it's ugly as hell right now. and even worse, completely stock. but you can count me in this year.

7. youre pretty close, just bring both!

8. I'll vote for the Galaxie by a narrow margin....
    [​IMG]

Drooled over it last year during Souped Up Saturday...

Anyone else going to be there early enough, Oct. 5th... to go to Souped Up Saturday? One of the best times all week....

9. jeep-joint

jeep-joint

We are driving down and arriving on Tuesday the 8th and will probably leave on the 11th. I would like to stop by and say Hello if time permits. There may be another '55 and maybe a '57 Nomad in our group.

This will be our first trip to Cruising the Coast, really looking forward to the experience.

Regards,
    Larry

10. Gets old doesn't it.

11. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got room if anyone is interesting in camping
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  12. derpr

derpr

What time is the meet and greet, I don't what to miss the photo this year.

13. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Think it starts at 5

14. Cracking me up Derek, you forget you made last years pic?

[​IMG]

5:00pm is correct, CTC venues shut down then so folks can head by on the way back or headed out. Mike Speakeasy's in a good local on the beach in Gulfport across from Jones Park, the newly renovated Amphitheater Park just to the left of where hwy 49 meets hwy 90. I'll have the sign up and a parking area taped off. Still tryin to nail down the best place to park. The planned area in the front has met a snag as the church whom owns it but doesn't occupy has since planted a big no trespassing sign. I'll keep trying to get them to reconsider for the few hours but there's plenty of area's surrounding all four sides of the Restaurant/Bar if they remain all Pharisee about it.

Planning on heading over there Saturday before heading to the cruise-in to nail an area down, I'll let everyone know what I come up with. Appreciate everyone in that pic making it out last year, can't wait to see everyone again.

15. SinistrV6

SinistrV6

Glad you posted this. Although my '36 doesn't qualify as "Traditional" I'll park with the "unwashed masses" and come check your cars out! I love the traditional stlyle, it's just not what I wanted (if that makes sense).

4 weeks and counting.....

16. Shutternuts

Shutternuts
    from Louisiana

Sounds great! Planning on it. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378695582.781581.jpg

17. Hmmmm,

I'm considering a little roadster road trip. Anybody near Mid-TN interested in following along, PM me.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  18. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

come on down oneyellowtub,the more the merrier

glad to hear shutternuts that my favorite car in the world will be there

19. 64falconsix

64falconsix
    from Daphne Al.

We have been doing something similar for CTC with the Falcons. This year we Already have commitments for 56 people in 33 cars that will be cruising together. It has grown each year.

20. Thanks Stu, I'm really considering a run to the coast for a mini-vacation & road trip.

21. boutlaw

boutlaw

Yeah, "Can't we just all get along"......Damn (I added the "Damn"...not included in famous quote)

22. Two weeks to go...

Please post if you'll be around to see us all there so we can get an idea of how much area to tape off ahead of time.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

I hope so buddy... thanks for helping out! Too many of us around this place not to meet and chew the fat.... and oh yeah the right cars in one spot! [X-)]

here, here...Eloquent Mr. Boutlaw, eloquent! Unashamedly pre-Nam car junkies!

23. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

You can count on me i have the car loaded already

24. beyond static

beyond static
    from Louisiana

I plan on riding by and BS'ing for a few, but won't be parking. I'll be in my not so traditional '65 Buick lol

25. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

We'll be there with the Olds.

26. boutlaw

boutlaw

I'll be there in all my eloquence... Glad you clarified the location, I was thinking Mikes was a bit north of 90 on 49. I've got your cell Deuce so will be calling if I have problems. Its gonna be great. Mr/Mrs 28Tudor and I are caravaning down Wednesday. Let us know if we can assist prior to your arrival.

27. Judd

Judd

Looks like I'll be in the Galaxie, short block for the Comet doesn't look like it will be done in time.

28. I've got the day off, my dash in and the big item left is my passenger door glass. If I don't get my Merc on the road i'll show up in my wife's Lincoln. We can't bring both because this is on a "school night"

29. I feel your pain leadsled...
    Why do we put off yesterday what we should have done the day before? My only excuse is the lame ones everyone else uses so I'll spare you...
    My last minute long list includes floorboard repair and some top end work on the coupe.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380756245.616425.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380756319.753595.jpg

30. Rogueman

Rogueman

I'll be cruisin in the Sport Coupe. If ya see me just yell Rogueman

Attached Files: