Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Damn Mel, awesome artwork bro!!

2. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

your signage is amazing , you guys are the only club that could pull this off. killer cars,bikes and skills . if a production company or even a little independent took the time to film all of your prep work and visited each one of the racers for a little video and an interview before the race then filmed race day they would have a kick ass little full length documentary on their hands and their financial investment would surely come back from the sales of the DVD on the HAMB alone . the behind the scenes that goes into this race on your end is crazy enough to do a whole film by itself and the fact that you and your club brothers and other friends and each racer are battling a deadline giving up so much to get ready for this event would make for almost reality TV like scripted entertainment . then on race day the viewers would have their certain cars and people they are rooting for etc.etc. it's EPIC as mentioned before and really should be available on DVD . :)

3. Wow, the details!

4. Hey thanks guys for the compliments! We are so excited about race day it's worth putting in the time. We really look forward to having some great racing fun, and some drinks at night with all our old pals and new friends! We had a absolute blast last year and made some great pals. What rules is all the buds that are flying in from Ca. And everywhere else. So sick. Can't wait to see ya all...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. nsh57

nsh57

Is it a HAMBer bringing it from Ohio? If so, I'll be headed that direction as well and would sure love to run over with some hotrods.

Anyone else coming from or through Ohio on Friday?

6. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Mel, you are one hell of a painter! :)

7. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

As if racing on the beach wasnt cool enough, all these added details make it even more special.

Awesome signs, love the antique'ing. Hopefully some posters printed up, need to purchase a few and decorate the garage/shop wall!

Can't wait!

8. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

9. Wow! I did not know that I was given credit "in" Hot Rod. No, thanks!

Early on Mike who put the 60th anniversary on wrote me then called me. Great guy. I basically assured him he could do it. I gave the best advice I could but all credit goes to him for his hard work. Towns are tough to deal with. It looks like he had a good one, with some bonofied history too.

I was to fly out and help, but Mike ran with the ball and I cheered him on. Always wanted to be a cheerleader! He knew what to do, I only gave him encouragement. We are now good pals and I'm damn proud of him.

I had wished to race my Indian. We were taking bout driving out in our 4x4 camper van with bikes, as time wouldn't allow us with a race car in tow.

Life is hard with a three year old sometimes. Don't always get to do what you want. That's ok by me though.

I'll get to Colarado, we'll be sure to see mike at a Rog too. Congrats Again Mike!

10. jakesimps1

jakesimps1

Mel, that hill climber reminds me of my old mans bultaco.

photo-23.JPG

If there's a dump truck class, Im in!

rsz_1img_0027.jpg

11. We are finally making headway on the 29' and I am so excited to get to the beach!!!

Attached Files:

12. Looking good man!

13. Some new news.

Everybody keeps writing in or asking about hot rod or custom parking. There was to be a car show in the Starlux parking lot. There still will be. But there is also more parking in a big parking lot next to convention center and the Starlux. There also is a ring road with an iconic giant Wildwood sign which we will leave open. This way all you attendees showing up in your rides can snap a pic. Should be neat.

14. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

Just booked the last room at the Days Inn for Friday night. $170 with the tax for two people! :eek:

And that's WITH the ROG discount!

15. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

What about Saturday Night????

16. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

Sorry. I've got a life! :D

Friday and Saturday are all I can "spend".

17. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

There are no other places I could think of being that Sunday and I have a life!! :eek: HAHAHA

18. Word to the wise. Don't miss the Neckbreakers at sat night beach party Bon fire!!! Truly living folks!

19. Search Dog

Search Dog
    from Western CT

Besides...it will be the first time in six years I won't be with my K9 partner 24/7! :eek:
    He's goin' to his "auntie's" house for Friday night. Not sure the invitation would be extended...!

20. sota

sota

I stop by the shop today the roadster is looking Bitchin!

21. Pete

Pete

Ok, I'm at a crossroad here, I've got the 32 ready for the beach.... But there's a lower end clunk, sounds like the crank wants out, it's not all the time but its there. So, do I risk driving it the jalopy jamboree this Saturday and possibly lunching the motor or save it for the beach????

22. Dave50

Dave50

If u bring it tomorrow well have it done for ROG. Don't ruin it will cost more to fix if u can even save it... Oh it's getting cold at my house idk about yours?

23. T__N__A

T__N__A

Get it to the beach!!

24. Pete

Pete

Dave,

Serious?

25. Dave50

Dave50

I'm always serious! I mean what I say say what I mean.

26. Pete

Pete

I'm not sure it's enough time, I'd have to quit my job for two weeks than I wouldn't be able to install your new furnace.

27. Dave50

Dave50

I put the furnace in myself in 8hrs it's 35 here at night. There's plenty of time to that heap done if your not lazy or all domesticated priority's pal priority's!

Or if your just a poser...;).

28. Pete

Pete

Sweet I'm off the hook.

29. I just knew it! Pete specializes in keeping men warm. Since 1972 or so!

30. Pete

Pete

Yup, since 1972! And don't forget fat girls!