Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 Washington state E vs W photos and report!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 15, 2013.

1. We had a great year this year folks! The weather was clear and HOT! A little too hot for me personally but better then cold and rainy! Going back through Ephrata the sign said 102 degrees!!! We had a record ammount of cars, I love that this event grows bigger and better every year. The quality of cars is outstanding as well. We are having stuff show up that we have never seen! Thanks to EVERYONE who came and supported us!
    The official count was West side 36, East side 66. Although like past years, there was well over 100 cars counted, so some people are not signing up. We also sold out of T shirts again...thanks for that- that alone is what puts this run on and keeps it going. A 5th annual is in the works...we have talked about moving it to another location to keep it "fresh"...any ideas out there on something central and that the town would also welcome us?? Feel free to post here or PM me. We will see.

Again, thanks to everyone who came out, I think everyone had a great time!!

Heading there:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drivers and cars cooling down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a nice batch of Photos Chris. I'm still working on getting mine loaded on Photobucket and it is a slow process with the internet we have.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I LOVE this photo! "hot damn! Ima goin' for a ride in the truck!" Man, thats classic!

9. tedster

tedster

Great pics. Thanks for posting.

10. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks THEE INLAND EMPERORS !!

for me 200 miles down 200 miles back, and no probs to report other than a sore butt:D ...Oh, and a carb swap in Brewster.
    Vantage is great spot for this type of get-together... run in and run out

And I saw a Panda, Chicken, Gorilla, Rabbit... and a Barron!

Attached Files:

11. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Great pics Chris, amazing group of cars that were there, thanks to Thee Inland Emperors for putting on one of our favorites shows of the year! Run over and back was spectacular and trouble free... so everything worked out well! Great to see all you folks as usual.....!

12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Jeff, Nancy and I really had a great time of it!

[​IMG]

13. Very cool photos! Looks like some great stuff showed up!

14. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273127.501193.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273137.850941.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273147.634205.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273159.367124.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273178.150596.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273202.217405.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273217.484402.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273234.316838.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273259.550826.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379273288.567611.jpg

16. Wish I could have made it! Next year I guess. Thanks for the pictures.

17. uncle buck

uncle buck

Unfortunately I heard them...... The sound effects they were doing were real annoying..........About as cute as a screaming baby in a restaurant

Aside from that we had a great time and logged 357 miles round trip. Great turnout of early iron. As far as moving it, how about somewhere between Ellensburg and Easton so some of you east siders have to climb a pass to get there?;)

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Really like the Crosley with the v8-60.

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From what I could see that made a lot of guys who might have hung around for another hour or two decide that they had a long way to go home real fast.

Personally I like the location as it keeps things low profile. Almost all of the people you could consider to be spectators were Hambers in their ot cars or folks who just happened to swing by because they saw the cars. The burger joint had a great day and the club didn't have to fork out a bunch of money for a venue or security or what not fees that come with some places.

The distance thing and numbers east and west? Maybe it's just because guys in Eastern Washington are more than used to driving some distance to almost any event. For many of us if we want to go to any event it's at least an hour's drive to the close ones most of the time.

20. uncle buck

uncle buck

It was definitely the decider for us to leave and from my observation many others too. It was great day of business for the burger joint and very nice of them to allow the gathering at their place. I feel everybody that attended was respectful to them, and that is always hard to achieve in todays world, and that will hopefully help Chris and the others in the club with their future plans.

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Wenatchee????

Welllll....since it is the East vs. the West and the Cascades are the divider....:cool:
    If a guy lives in Cle Elum...what "side" is he on???:p Haha...
    East side guys have no mountain passes to travel....or rain to really worry about....you do have the heat though....which I've "heard" flatheads don't like...;)
    I'm just bitter cause I didn't go.....haha......Vantage is a good spot for a meet....may be tough finding a better spot than that....

Great pics Chris!!!!!
    Some bitchin' cars for sure....

22. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

23. As a fellow owner of a '40 Ford Half Ton Stake, I would love to see more of this one.

24. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Kind of a bummer for me to go as a spectator this year. That's what happens when hobbys collide. . To me Blustery's at Vantage would be hard to beat as a hasslefree destination for this number of cars. . This was and is a reliability run for Flatheads and kudo's for every one that showed that high 90's / 100deg heat and mountain passes is not an excuse for not driving one. Here's to an even larger and better 5th annual next year.

25. Joe King

Joe King

looks like I'm going to have to put a flathead back in

26. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

My type of an event. Way to go. Wish i was closer. Thanks for the pictures.

27. Chris: Loved the road shots, the scenery and all the awesome hotrods......thanks for sharing. tim

28. cool pics, looks like a great run.
    Al.

29. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1379302401.680731.jpg

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Hot damn there were some nice cars!!! That 34 3w was really cool and the more I see Devin's '29 the more I fall in love. ALl sorts of great cars.