Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yucky looking tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bubbashead, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

As stated above WESTLEY'S WHITEWAL BLEACH will clean them up like new. May take a few times but it will bring the color back out.

2. 327Eric

327Eric

I had the same thing happen on my old Chevy. I used brake fluid to shine them up, and a couple weeks later, they turned brown. This was right about the time No Touch came out, and the stuff did the job. It is the only spray on cleaner I have used that actually cleans.

3. 1955IHC

1955IHC

I use Simple Green. I spray it on straight ans it pulls the brown crap right out of the rubber.

Sent via Western Union Express.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

So now not even a 49' Ford with bias plies is acceptable ?? :confused: I think some of you are taking this traditional hot rod stuff WAY too far. It is ok to talk about Marvel Mystery Oil, Cal Worthington, and a fiberglass bodied Uncertain T, but not this ?? Very confusing.

Don

5. 1955IHC

1955IHC

6. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

I think some are over policing the forums...seems like the OP asked a question that could affect anyone here...and obviously has by the number of informative replies.

7. TV

TV

I also have this problem, I will be trying some of your solutions, thanks for the help.--TV

8. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I have heard that mineral oil will take the yellow out of white walls. Maybe it will help here.

9. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Or this!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

10. Rusty anarchist

Rusty anarchist
    from Edmonton

Spray nine works well. Will also clean the bugs off the front.

11. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Useless, dumb replies near the beginning. Helpful ideas, answers and advice after that. I have new 16" BFG Long Miler tires from Coker that are doing the same thing, not as pronounced. They are kept inside and have 0 miles on them.

Bleche Wite (looks like they were bought out by Black Magic) sure works good! I haven't used it on the above mentioned tires, but on others it had done marvels!