Register now to get rid of these ads!

New & Improved!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 12, 2013.

1. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

He shoots. He scores.

2. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Cool, I feel like my build thread stands a better chance of sticking around now. Even if it doesn't make the cut, I love the new changes. Nice work boss.

3. KIRK

KIRK

I like this idea. Thanks for thinking about us old farts.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I love vintage racing... I don't, however, find much of anything appealing about modern "nostalgia" racing for a lot of reasons I won't get into here. And frankly, I don't want to host that kind of content at all.

And you are right, 1965 is a bad cut off year for drag racing... But this is a hot rod and custom forum, not a racing forum.

For now, traditional and historic race cars fit fine in the Hot rod forum. It's worked well in the past and I think it will continue to work. If it doesn't, I'll fix it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I don't think I even brought up modern nostalgia racing.
    I was talking history, nothing modern at all.

6. F&J

F&J

My one question was answered, just by waiting to see it all set up today...

I was wondering that if every post on trad hot rods or trad customs, shows up on the main board too, would the trad guys still get flak for using "lead, lacquer, welded steering arms, or bias tires", etc.

I now see that on the main board, the appropriate sub title shows as coming from either the trad hotrod board or trad custom board, etc.

So, if a negative Nancy can see where it first posted on a trad board, they should keep their non-trad spiels to themselves...so we don't have to read their BS.

Just yesterday, two members diissed a guy for using bias tires, and one made the OP out to be "behind the times". No place for that statement on a trad board IMO.

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Why didn't you report the post? Where is it?

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I was "skeptical" at first with the BETA version.....but seeing this new format has "revived" my interest in the HAMB again....it honestly was getting STALE to me....soooo many posts in one "section", tough to filter out the stuff I liked through so many threads on similar topics or the same old questions being asked....

Ya did a good thing here Ryan in breathing new life into this place.....

Traditional Rods, Traditional Customs.......isn't THAT a religion??? Preach on man.....

9. arvonian

arvonian
    from Virginia

I'm liking it!!

10. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

got your pm right after I read this. well played. thanks for working in a combined thread.

11. F&J

F&J

I don't report anything except obvious spam threads.

The staff has enough tasks and messages to respond to, and this is such a petty complaint...and more importantly..the new boards should straighten it all out by design.

I like the new layout. I can learn and adapt to change.

12. buckd

buckd

I followed the HAMB for several years before becoming a member and eventually to support the Awesomeness of this forum by becoming an Alliance Member 4 years ago.
    I have ten running cars and three projects that would nearly all fit in the traditional styled catagory and only one that comes close to truley trad. Now I will probably participate far more that there is a place for my rides with bags and A/C and 700R4's and richmond 5&6 speeds and sub chassis clips and radial WWW's all dressed in traditional style from outward appearance. Hot Rods and Kustoms all covered. You are amazing RYAN I hope that part of the forum doesn't get out of control because I think there are thousands more out there like me that will now be taking part instead of lurking!! Great Job can't wait to do some build threads THANKS, BUCKD

13. verde742

verde742

can we get an AMEN"

14. [​IMG]
    YES, YES, YES ,FOR 'TRAD STYLED' FORUM

15. pontman

pontman

I was wondering what was going to happen to the drag cars in motion thread. Considering it was started by one of the new mods, I figured it would be safe. Thankfully it was!

16. Ya know, Coca-Cola changed their formula once...

I like both rods and customs and don't have time to scroll through 5 different forums.

If it ain't broke...

17. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

Ryan, I think you just hit the right track.
    For me and probably a lot of other guys HAMB was on the way turning out a little boring showing only strict trad.
    Keep it up / Martin

18. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Skipped to page 7 here, so I'm not aware of what you guys have been discussing, but I like the new structure and filtering! The traditional custom and hot rod forums does it for me! My problem lately have been a lack of time to browse around here. Browsing trough all of the bullshit threads that comes up here all of the time has not been an option, so the last half year I have basically only checked out the threads I have subscribed to. If I run out of threads with this new structure, I can always dive into the unfiltered show em all forum! Great work so far!

19. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

You don't have to scroll through 5 different forums. Like Ryan said, it's all right here same as it used to be.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

20. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Love the new format! Everything's still there but it's like having a table of contents, kind of.

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm literally slapping my forehead with my hand... Can one of you guys inform this person that he needs to read the article? I don't think I have the stomach to do it. :)

22. Im on it

from ryans entry yesterday... bullet point #5

"5. The Hokey Ass Message Board - This forum hosts every thread from every forum listed above. In that way, it’s exactly as the “old” H.A.M.B. in that you can get a read of the entire forum from one place. It’s simply an aggregate."

it still shows everything.

ryan. maybe that should be an entry all on its own...

23. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

I already supplied him with a link before you posted this.

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Well, I take great comfort in knowing a drunk man got it. You are my people.

:)

25. Deadbird

Deadbird

Seems like the perfect plan to me. Well done! You're the boss.

26. stimpy

stimpy

IMO , making sub sections in the board helped it as it will make it grow as it will keep bickering and fighting down , as other boards I have been have focused on one group and they died off because of the sticking to the guns and the fighting and it drove others away and made bad impressions on newcomers looking for a home, as it made them look like elitists and snobs and idiots . now you offer a choice to pre 66 auto people ( was going to say enthusists but thats a snobby word ) and technical matters which are basically in all motor vehicles can be covered in a main forum . and specialized vehicle groups can have there own special areas to cover there topics without others voicing there opinions and starting a keyboard war . and can I make a recommendation/suggestion ?? as I know there is a following for this, a Truck section ??? as I am seeing more truck build threads popping up and they are a real specialized type of vehicle to build .

27. Marten

Marten

28. Uh oh! Ryan,s people are back!:D

29. Prime case of a guy that complains but doesn't take the time to read that there is still a HAMB that doesn't require him to do anything different.

BTW,,have you ever had Ham cooked in Coca-Cola in a crock pot,new or old formula,taste the same ,Delicious! :D HRP

30. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Thanks! (hic!)