Register now to get rid of these ads!

New & Improved!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 12, 2013.

1. silent rick

silent rick

so how do we know where to post? or how is a newbie supposed to know where to post? will threads get moved by the moderators? it seems like you just created yourself a lot more work.

so if i post something in general discussion that might belong in another forum also, does my thread get automatically posted to both forums?

it's too confusing, i'm probably going to end up a casualty

2. This work for you? :D HRP

[​IMG]

3. adamshumard

adamshumard

That'll do pig, that'll do.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

benefiber dude.... ;)

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's pretty simple if you just read this. Honestly, I don't see much to be confused about.

6. One of my favorite sayings,
    Diversification is the key to success.
    You nailed it.
    Like I said on IG, I like it!

7. Thank you Ryan for your reconsideration. I believe you have knocked this one out of the park. To be honest, i was a bit deflated over the last week or so. My h.a.m.b. surfing probably dropped to a quarter of what it was before.

Glad to here that you listened and heard our concerns while preserving the essence of what the H.A.M.B is. A melting pot of purists, hot rodders, and aspiring wanna be's like myself. I'll get there one day ;)

I have been an alliance member for the last 3 years or so, not because it saves me money. Instead because i just want to show some support and be part of the community i get some much knowledge and enjoyment out of. Ironically enough, my alliance membership was up a couple days ago and i just couldn't bring myself to renew. You've earned my pennies back now!

Thanks again chief!

8. donnie

donnie
    from NC

I had hoped for a thread with build threads only. Do not need it, by selecting the Project threads only.
    Thanks, I learned something new.

9. badshifter

badshifter

Nice work Ryan!
    Gotta be frustrating trying to get people to READ THE POSTS FIRST, and ask questions after.
    Some things can't be changed I guess.

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Work in progress. Love it. Local Ozzie board is divided up and easy to navigate once you become familiar with layout. I'm not that techno savvy and even I can do it.:)

11. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Yeah baby! :D

12. catdad49

catdad49

Passion tempered with a little flexibility. I like it and will stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "How The HAMB Evolves". Now for a word from our sponsors. Thanks for really caring. Carp

13. blktie

blktie

Nice work, however my boss will lose a few more hours of productivity.

14. Ryan, you should make your original post a sticky.

The changes are a win for everyone and a smart business decision for Ryan. It keeps the purists pure and allows those that slightly deviate to still be a part of the Hamb.

I'm stoked about the traditional hot rod area, but glad I can still view things the old way in the general area.

My vote during steps 4-6 is to rename the whole site The Jalopy Journal and ditch the Hamb. It would be tough at first, but the Rock did it. I totally remember his new name ....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. flamingokid

flamingokid

And maybe a thread in the classifieds for projects.

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Well, I wasn't going to complain. I was just going to give it some time and see if my hard head would adapt. I wasn't liking the change, but it was just too soon to bitch.

But lo and beyold, Ryan and his gang figured it out.

I am impressed.

This works well for me. I like to read ALL of it! I speed read and peruse quickly. If something catches my eye, then I dial in. Who knows what category or prefix will catch my fancy?

Thanks for being open-minded and flexible. Because of that, you are a better man than I.

17. How about that:

[​IMG]

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

So, where do race cars fit? In the ex-general discussion forum?

19. Ryan, I believe you have hit upon the magic solution. Not often you can please all of the people but I think you are going to be close.
    I like it.

20. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

The new sub-forums will work great but you forgot one...........

"HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT THE AUCTION IN NEBRASKA?" sub-forum

HRP made me do it!

21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OMG!...I'm sooooo CONFUSED!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: ..........Just kiddin'. :D

Thanks for all the hard work and thought you've put into this, Ryan.
    A little somethin' for everybody. That's great.

It's good of you to have kept yourself available to walk us through these changes. But you know what I think is kinda neat?...Just the fact that you've hung out with us a little more than usual over the past couple of weeks or so. I've never seen you post quite as much as you have recently, and it feels like it's allowed me/us to get to know you a little better. Kinda like Dad climbin' up into the tree-house just to hang out with his boys for a bit.

Your initial "there will be casualties" sounded ominous, and I know it worried a few here. I have to admit...I thought, "Oh crap...Ryan's on the warpath." :eek: I was actually afraid that you'd start deleting accounts left and right, and I started mentally reviewing any indiscretions I'd ever been guilty of here. But you've proven yourself to be more reasonable and thoughtful than we could ever hope for...maybe even more so than some of us deserve. You're a good man. I sure am glad it's you runnin' this place. :)
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

23. What's Not To Like?:cool: Good Job!:cool: Now let's burn rubber:eek:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  24. Ol Dawg

Ol Dawg

Ryan you do have your act together. This is the best of all roads. My first interest is old real hot rods, but old customs are neat as well. Hell I just like cool cars !

25. DRD57

DRD57

26. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Brilliant, but it now takes more effort to scroll the mouse down to the classified section :)

27. Where will customs on air ride fit in? Period correct or traditionally styled?

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Race cars are hot rods.

Air ride cars are most definitely traditionally styled and not period.

29. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I respectfully disagree. Hear me out.
    Hot rods are a term for mostly street driven cars- some serving dual purpose.

I wouldn't call a front engine dragster or a streamliner a hot rod, they are purpose built race cars.
    1964 is a horrible cut off for drag cars. Right in the prime of FED's and gassers. A better cut off would be the end of the FED & maybe allowing the early funny cars & AWB cars (No street freaks!).
    Personally- I think a racing category is long overdue (JMO).
    Cars like the Eastwood & Barakat, while not HAMB traditional, would have a place to stay & not loose the focus of the rest of the forum.

30. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Well done Boss! I didn't mind the new setup at all but now with the aggregate forum it's right back to the same old usta be, something for everyone, perfect!