Register now to get rid of these ads!

New & Improved!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Very nicely done. Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?

3. I'll play.

I see that in the all in one HAMB, you get the thread AND the redirect thread nex to each other.

Chaz61 - Traditionally "Styled" Hot Rods, Customs, & Production Cars Today 06:28 AM
    by Chaz61 Go to last post 0 7
    Moved: 54 Chevy Fuel pump
    Chaz61 - Traditional Discussion & Happenings - - -

Didn't copy well.

4. moose

moose

Sounds good to me.

5. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i like it already.

6. Coyote13

Coyote13
    from Dallas, TX

Bravo, Ryan. Job well done.

7. I think you might have made a great site even better,you have created a even better site that encompasses most every member that is active.

I like some others really enjoy period perfect hot rods and customs but at the present time my hot rods are just along the styles of traditional.

I feel like I am still a part of the hamb again. Thanks boss! HRP

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Extremely smart move, Ryan, from a business standpoint and also from the standpoint of pleasing those of us who are a little more liberal in our interpretation of "traditional." This should please people on both sides of the fence on this issue.

I like it. :) Thank you for not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Don

9. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Bitchin'!!!
    Hard work wins every time in my book....

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I preferred it all in one place, now I've gotta navigate in three different places because I love hot rods and customs.

11. 327Eric

327Eric

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks guys... Still lots of work to do, but we are getting there.

Not sure I follow you. Could you provide a screen shot of the problem you are seeing?

13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Quite a surprise when I first opened the site this morning, but after reading how it works I like it! I normally hate forums with a zillion different specialty topics, but having one still that is exactly like the old forum solves that issue.

14. Coyote13

Coyote13
    from Dallas, TX

Just a quick question about implementation....will there be a moderator managing all of the old threads and making sure everything is put in the right place? I know my F250 thread is NOT "traditional" in many ways, and I'm fairly certain it should be in the traditionally inspired forum. Is there a way for users to move old threads to the proper forums, or will we have to request that a moderator make the change?

15. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

...I love all these changes but I thought there would be new page designs and an upgrade for vBulletin....(or maybe I'm jumping the gun....)

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Read the entire thread. I address this. We will be moving as many threads as we can in the coming weeks.

We are only on Step 3 man. Lots more coming.

17. Coyote13

Coyote13
    from Dallas, TX

I thought I did read the whole thing, must have missed it!

Edit: Yup. Bold AND Italics.

"Note: This forum is actually the old “General Discussion” forum from the H.A.M.B. before we split into multiple focused forums. Over time, we will be moving many of the old threads from this forum into the appropriate forum listed above, however, this will take some time and frankly, I don’t ever expect to get them all moved. Please don’t ask us to move any of these threads personally – we aren’t quite ready to do that yet."

18. blyndgesser

blyndgesser
    from Georgia

Very good plan! Some forum owners would have simply said "If you don't like it, leave!" but you've done a great job of balancing your core focus with the needs and preferences of the membership.

Long may you wave!

19. What is the command for a screen shot? CTRL?

20. I remember while I was doing build threads on my Deuce pickup and the "Ranch Wagon" you made several comments that always boosted my confidence although both wouldn't be considered 100% traditional.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When the Beta test started I kinda felt like I was no longer welcome with my style of builds.especially after I had sold my very traditional flathead powered deuce,,the new added heading is what many of us needed,,thank you sir! HRP

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  21. Man I dig these changes!

22. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

Sounds like a great solution, I like how all get hosted under one forum and the Traditional "Styled", there's a ton of great cars on here that fall into that catagory. My current project is an AD on an S10 frame, I still wish I was welcomed here, I just can't seem to find an new home (forum that is).

23. .

I got my cake and I'm eating it too!!!

Job well done sir.

I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.

Thanks to Ryan and the Mod Squad for all you do to make this place the best on the net.

24. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

This is good stuff....I'm digging it and it makes total sense to me now. Nice work!!

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well done sir! YES! My all in one is back!!! Sorry, although I used words like "cautiously optimistic" and such, ya gotta know that I'm a full blown "hate change" kinda guy by nature... I think you might have just solved it for us all!

26. Trying to learn that screenshot thingy. Ha! I got it, thanks for making me go learn something today!

Notice where you get the Historic stock car photo thread AND the redirect thread directly below it?

Attached Files:

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, that's normal functionality. See, the Aggregate forum simply takes the list from every forum and displays it in one forum... So redirects will show up.