Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Snake & Mongoose - The Movie.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by primerkid, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I saw the movie in Indy a couple days ago, its well worth going to see! Am I the first HAMB'er to see it?

2. paintcan54

paintcan54

My son was at the red carpet showing in Indy on thurs. said it is well worht seeing, he got wife and I tix for tonight. I ask him about the movie all he would is that if I tell you about it, then it would take all the fun out of it.

3. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I remember the last time I saw Jamie. Tom's son. It was when my brother and I were helping John Collins at a Coca Cola deal in Wichita. He had bought Goose's duster and Jamie was helping. Godspeed Jamie. Lippy:(

4. paintcan54

paintcan54

Went last nite to see the movie, very good put it on your list to see. Like my son told me, I won't tell you anything about it, just go see it.

5. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

I hope sooner or later it gets released to all theaters,,not just where there is a an NHRA track,,,dont they realize most people travel to those tracks,and do not live in or near most of those cities with tracks,,,:confused:

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

come on tell us how it ends

7. captmullette

captmullette

I just got an order from jegs, no poster, im bummed

8. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Well, it's September 6, how can I find show times for Snake an Mongoose? Where is this thing? Huge anticipation here, but this thing is marketed like a needle in a hay stack.

9. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

bump anyone?

10. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Well I guess it will go down like World's fastest Indian; straight to dvd. Was really hoping to see all that vintage drag equipment on the big screen, but I can't even find it.

11. fstfish66

fstfish66
    from eastern pa

thats very disapointing

12. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Could be a while getting there.

http://www.snakeandmongoosemovie.com/tickets

13. Muttley

Muttley

Didnt happen, I saw it at the theater, took my Dad and my Daughter with me.

14. benji2714

benji2714

I saw the movie at Indy the second night out. It's good. Fun of all the old sens of Indy as time progressed. There is so much history around it. I need to see it again to study more of the old cars in it.The real Snake and the real Mongoose make a quick appearance. But don't walk out at the end. There are allot of old real old photo's in the credits. Saw the 2 of them race way back then. It was good. The equipment they used back then was so simple. 1/2 ton pickup and a open trailer. There's a little Hollywood in there, but not as much as some hot rod movie's.

15. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Muttley-Where the hell did you see it at? I don't see it listed anywhere.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Here's info I received in an E-mail message:

On Thursday, October 24th, Don “The Snake” Prudomme and Tom “The Mongoose” McEwen will be visiting Lake Havasu City for a meet and greet with fans and will be signing autographs at the Mudshark Brewery. Following the session at Mudshark, Movies Havasu will be premiering the film “Snake & Mongoose”.

Event schedule for Thursday, October 24th:

Meet and Greet at Mudshark Brewery starting at 4:30 PM.
    View the movie at Movies Havasu at 7 PM.

Tickets can be purchased for this special event at the Lake Havasu Drag Racing Association office, 52 Lake Havasu Ave., beginning next week. Tickets are $25 per person while they last, with all proceeds going to the Cancer Society of Lake Havasu City.

17. Muttley

Muttley

I was talking about The Worlds Fastest Indian. ;)

18. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

the link above says it is playing today in Bakersfield = Maya Bakersfield 16 Cinemas, 1000 California Ave, 93304

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  19. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I got to see the movie on Thursday night at Indy (US Nats). Snake sat right in front of me and the Goose was right in front of him. John Force and company were in the same row as the Goose. Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top was there as well as several other celebs.

I think the movie was very well done. On the level of Worlds Fastest Indian in my opinion. The scene that has the real Snake and Mongoose in it will not make much sense to anyone who doesn't know them but for folks who know who they are and what they look like, it brought a big laugh from the audience. The story was done in a way that even folks who don't follow racing will enjoy it. Much like the World's Fastest Indian. However, there are plenty of racing scenes and it seems pretty accurate if you just sit back and enjoy the movie.

The fact I was able to see this movie in Indy with the two guys it was about sitting just a short distance away brings a real deep coolness to it for me... :cool:

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Bad Banana - right place at the right time

21. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

My nephews kids came by today. Patrick is 16 has a Chevelle jacked up in back with a AFB. Mathew is 14 and thinks the Chevelle is great. I told them that Prudomme stopped in our pit a couple of times at Bonneville to chat with Don Jackson. Neither of them have any idea who he is. They couldn't name any Top Fuel racer now or past. Those kids need help.

22. tenlug

tenlug
    from so cal

Like was said earlier, the clips that roll with the credits are good, don't leave early.

23. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

WOW!!

Six of us drove 60 miles down to Avon (Indy) on Wednesday night and it was just us 6 and two others in the whole theatre. Guess everyone must have known that Thursday night was the night to be there.

Can't imagine what we would have thought if that crew had been there when we walked in. How great!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. I saw it tonight in Phoenix. What a great movie! Get out and see it and bring family and friends. It is so unhollywood- no one gets shot or murdered and no nudity or filthy language. Just a great and accurate drag racing movie. They did a great job with it. I am going back to watch again. A+

25. Saw them live at Great Lakes Dragway but not in any Wisconsin theater!

Here's Billy Gibbons interview...

<iframe width="590" height="150" scrolling="no" src="http://www.wrfx.com/player/embed.html?autoStart=false&useFullScreen=true&mid=23687961&startButtonColor=0xA33335" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ></iframe>

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  26. 150J/F

150J/F

Saw it in Tulsa last night. Really well done. Those two guys were like oil & water but they found a way to make it work. My wife liked it too. I got an e-mail from NHRA with the play-date info. Go see it.

27. RPM

RPM

I got tickets to go see it tomorrow in Commerce Ga.

28. hdmopar

hdmopar
    from Oklahoma

was neat to see the snake in a golf cart talkin with them during the movie. Got lucky last week and found an ole D500 crew cab so I have inspiration now.

29. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

Just come to Commerce GA this weekend for the Gear Jams, looks like it will be showing there fri night.

30. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

saw it too.. liked it ...