Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Alfster

Alfster

I suppose this is a like it or hate it thing but, the paint on the hood was pretty bad so I thought we would try the stripes. They match in and carry the white from the interior.

Never seen this done to a round body before....... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Man, you must be gutted! I'd been following your build and watched all the work you and your little lady had put into that wagon . Really feel for ya .

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, that really sucks. Glad nobody got hurt.

4. Muttley

Muttley

I posted this in another thread last year and I feel like it more than applies to this situation:

In addition to the insurance fixing the car there really needs to be something along the lines of an "Immediate Satisfaction Law".............you smash my car doing something idiotic (like yammering away on your cell phone while you should be paying attention to the road) and I'm entitled to one free swing (bat, golf club, tire iron or similar weapon(s) allowed depending on the severity of damage) without repercussion.

5. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

Wow sorry for ya ...Happened to my wife once with my young son in our wagon Guy in a stolen car getting chased by the cops.He backed up and rammed her again to push her out of the way then took off again .Wow he hit your wagon so hard he made your moon sticker go google eyed

6. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow. That is awful. I'm very sorry, NeedLouvers.

7. tpw35

tpw35

Does anyone know if a leaf spring bushing kit for a 64-65 mustang will work on a 65 falcon, I know they share alot and I can find a kit for a falcon, I can go pick a kit up from Summit for a mustang.

8. Fingers

Fingers

Sad to see a car last 50 years, then get killed by a PT Cruiser..

9. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

It is...but he should hang onto the wreck as part of the claim...there's a lot of cherry parts there that could be transplanted onto another project.

10. Dude.....this still sucks.

Anyhow-

Acorrdin' to my interchange manual thing, both 64-65 Falcon and Mustang leaf springs are 2 1/2" wide have a 2 1/2" diameter front spring eye bushing n' use a 1 3/8" bushing on the end...it don't cover spring shackles though...

Edited ta' add: Shackle kit part number appears ta' the same:

<TABLE class=fillwidth cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD>C4DZ-5630-B</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Front spring eye bushings share the same number, too:

C4DZ-5630-C

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  11. 63comet

63comet

I know it'll be a ackward on a mordoor but this is kind of my eventual goal. I wanna go zoom zoom around corners in style!

I'm interwebbing from a four inch screen, are those side pipes I see?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Chip - that REALLY sucks!

Twice in six months? I would think twice about parking in front of your house from now on!

13. Once again, there is no easy answer. It depends. How far forward do the sub frame connectors go? how is is driven? If it's a drag car and it does wheelies, you will probably have issues. If not, you MAY be OK

Back in 1970 a friend had a 62 coupe and put an Econoline axle under it and a stout 390 with a 4 speed. He cut out the towers when he did it. This is the only non VW I have ever seen do a wheelie on the street. After numerous wheels up launches at the Old Irwindale, the frame rails eventually started to bend upwards. He took it to the Bear Alignment shop and they pulled the rails back straight and then added bars from the firewall top to the frame rails - no more problems.

14. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Damn.
    The exclusive Regency people must have a lot of three martini lunches after morning tennis.

15. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Man, that's horrible! What a nice wagon it was! I hate drunks! Had the same thing happen to my wife's '70 Nova about 20 years ago. Hit and run by a drunk totaled it in front of our house.

16. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Well as a Chevy guy, I like your paint scheme! ;) Reminds me of a Camaro I had!

17. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

Thanks very much for the detailed info regarding the falcon front suspension. I recently bought a 64 Sprint race car that I plan to
    change to a pro street car. I had been planning on going to the MII front end to give me more room in the engine bay. Now having second thoughts. The car does have a 10 point cage in it with front bars going through the firewall connecting to the middle/top of the shock towers. I could change the front bars to go all the way from the front cage to the front of each frame rail. Not sure if all the work to modify the shock towers and original suspension to your specs would be worth it compared to the MII install. This will be a long term build as I have to build and sell a 64 Comet with a 390 fe installed in it. Funny, the previous owner of the Comet had the original shock towers cut and modified to fit the big block in, so I have a comparrison to look at. Again thanks a lot for all the information.

Attached Files:

18. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Chip! Why not resurrect the coupe(?) make it live...again! Although the Ranchero may be a more usable car.

And quit parking schitt on the 5 foot wide "street" in front of your house!!

19. tpw35

tpw35

Thanks for the info, I thought it would work.

20. On your car with the intended use, I WOULD go MII and modify the bars that come through the firewall. just my thoughts

21. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

Thanks for your quick reply. It's good to have another's opinion, especially someone who has more experience than myself regarding this. That was the way I was leaning with the setup. Thanks again.

22. Hey Guys ,
    Would anyone have a photo showing where / how the rear seals for the front fenders fit up ?
    Am about to hang front fenders on the '60 , got the new front seals on but not certain on the rears .

Any help really appreciated .

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Oh man! Again?? And this time they wrecked a real car. Sorry to hear this.:(

24. Barn-core

Barn-core

Attached Files:

25. Forty six, if Chip were feelin' up to speed, he'd be playin' traffic cop about now n' tellin' us that this should be in the "doing" not "done" thread.

Anyhow, from the sixty three interior n' body assembly manuals; might help, or might be completely wrong for a sixty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  26. ColinCS

ColinCS

I went and looked at this one this past weekend...didn't buy it, but only because I don't have enough garage space or time/money to take on another project. I thought it was pretty cool though and made me kind of wish I had bought a Falcon like I had originally planned.
    [​IMG]
    more pics here

27. KK500

KK500

Go to sportscardigest.com , click on the Watkins Glen report and look for image#98 on p7 of pics.
    Jim

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  28. KK500

KK500

Another interior shot of the black racecar....
    Fwiw I think he ruined the car by pumping out the quarters, that only happened recently.
    Jim.

Attached Files:

29. Burnt Out , thanks for that . And my apologies r.e. wrong thread , I meant to put it in Doing rather than Done ... Shoulda had my glasses on!

That info answers my question , thank you very much for helping me out , again.
    :)

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That's okay man, Chip's still in a pretty deep depression and shock. Next week I'll get back to being traffic cop and librarian all in one!:D