Register now to get rid of these ads!

History New England Hot Rod Reunion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55 Nomad, Aug 18, 2013.

1. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Yes, general admission is $25.

Can anyone tell me...

Will there be preferred parking for hot rods? Or, am I in the dirt with the 4x4s and minivans.

2. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

When I called Epping last week and asked about the swapmeet area, I was told it was up to the NHRA as to the final layout on the grounds.

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

It's only a good deal if you can be there for 3 days. Not really worth it if you can only be there for one.

4. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Post #16 answered 327-365HP question. If you get show and shine credentials you park inside in special area. General admission is one day parking with the masses according to the poster.
    General Gow, if the one day a person goes is Saturday, then arriving at 7am and leaving at 8pm after the cacklefest is probably a $75 experience. I dunno, we'll see. I am old and retired, so will go all three days, expect it will be easier to look at exhibits/vendors/swap meet on Thurs and Fri morning and watch racing on Saturday.

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thanks for the reply olc. Post #16 sounded hypothetical to me. He also wanted a preferred parking area for hot rods. As it stands now, I won't be taking my hot rod. I can't afford to take time off from work so I won't be spending $75 bucks to attend only Saturday.

6. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

My point exactly. I can only attend on Sat. as well. Work is really crazy right now. (10 hr. days) It is $75 for 3 days with a passenger.

7. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Signed up for the three days. Won't make it on Thursday, but will be there bright and early Friday morning with the 55 Chevy. :D

8. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We'll see you there Baron.

9. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to seeing you guys. I'll have your wheels and tires in the trunk. :)

10. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got our passes in the mail today. Ready to go!!!

11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Ah, another fun show I will no be able to attend,,,On another note Brian's restructure the posting of events? or did I catch that wrong?

12. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Got my swapmeet pass today.

13. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Good to see you guys are gettting your credentionals. Time is getting short and I am hoping for good weather.

Has any one heard or have info on the exspected attendance of fans and racers? Wondering if the track has to bring in extra grandstands as was done for the Nationals.

I have not seen or heard of any promotion of the event on local media yet.

14. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

When I talked with the gal at Epping a week or so ago, she made it seem like NHRA was in charge of everything. Maybe that includes the promos.
    My swap ticket is # 0017. I signed up what I considered late, and was surprised at the low number. ( if they did indeed go in sequence)

15. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

my show and shine number was 235. Hope they did go in sequence as I sent in early and would expect a big turnout of cars. According to the early info, you can chose "judged" or "not judged" fields for show and shine. I just want to park inside on grass, no judging required for me. The ten day Weather Underground outlook is okay so far for all three days.

16. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Got a sneak peak at one car that will be on display at NED next week. Lot of northeast oldtimers remember the Anglia named Pussy Galore. Undergoing a restoration at PaintworksUnlimited in Dover, NH. Won't be finished but they are taking it anyway for the owner as it is a significant drag car at Sanford and other strips in the NE. I was having the shop do some work on my Model A, fixing a problem so I can go next week to the HRR. Very pleased with the work and the friendliness of the owner and staff. And some great cars in the shop being worked on! Definetly a Buick friendly establishment. The shop expects to move to the old Dover Armory this fall and become a one stop shop for hot rods with parts/paint/upholstery.

17. jeffbr33

jeffbr33
    from norwich,ct

My show and Shine # is 776,Hope we get a good turnout.I don't see much on the reunion anywhere

18. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

My buddy and I promoted the Nostalgia Drags at NED back in '87-'89 for the Kustom Kings. Our big complaint back then was NED did very little to promote the nostalgia events to the general public. I just saw an ad on cable TV for the Tyrods invitational show upcoming this Sunday. But nothing on the NHRA NEHRR. Car guys know about it word of mouth and venues like the HAMB. But there are a hell of a lot of people, the ones who go to cruise nights and shows to look at the cars, that won't know. Could it be they figure since 2/3 of the show is on work days (thurs and Fri) that it isn't worth trying to draw the public at large? I dunno.

19. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I think your right in saying a lot of people are not a ware of the HRR. I duno either. Nhra is dropping the ball as far as I can see with getting the word out in local media. Even with the July nationals event there was only a short TV promo on FOX Channel. But they drew a spectator crowd of around 15,000.

20. jeffbr33

jeffbr33
    from norwich,ct

the hamb is the only place I know of that has info about hrr and there isn't a lot of us on this subject,thats pretty sad

21. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Today we fired up the Survivor Chassis Research Dragster built in 1958 took some adjusting on the old H&C Mag {not fun} but it sounds good now. Not going to run her will be on display in Memory Lane.
    John look forward to seeing you Friday.
    Ronnieroadster

22. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Sounds good, Ron, looking forward to seeing Laura and you also, been a long while. My son is taking time off from work to hang out with the old man which is nice. Expect to see lots of guys that I have not seen for a while to shoot the breeze with. Had a great conversation the other day with Don Martin, who owns the Pussy Galore Anglia, he had some terrific back in the day stories.

23. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Speaking of HAMB power, anyone planning a HAMB meet and greet???

24. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

My wife and I are Leaving tomorrow morning with our 39 Stude and will be in memory lane. If we are by the car stop by and say Hi. I plan on walking around and watching some racin.:p

Attached Files:

25. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Just wondering if any of you guys from Mass know or remember a guy from Somerville who raced at Epping. His name is Mel Parker and he drove a white 1967 Plymouth with a factory 426 Hemi 4 speed.

26. 32 hudson

32 hudson

How about some posts from you racers at the track today. Good or bad,experinces, impresions from today?

27. BSL409

BSL409

Today was just a check in day only no racing

28. racemad55

racemad55

Will they have security there after hours?

29. I was in Conn. today on I95 and saw a bunch of lettered up enclosed car trailers. Plenty of guys heading up.

30. 1934coupe

1934coupe

All loaded up and heading out at 6AM tomorrow. Stormed like a SOB here tonight.

Pat