Register now to get rid of these ads!

'32 I-BEAM or misidentified???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carfanatic, Sep 6, 2013.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice find! I keep looking at old trailers and doodlebugs in hopes of finding one someday. Bob

2. Carfanatic

Carfanatic

The only reason I would use the 32 spindles is I would like to use what I have hubs included. If I can save them. I would like to try a disc brake conversion using the stock ford hub with a newer hat style rotor from a F-150. I started building a drum conversion using '40 spindles and hubs, built using the rear brake assembly of a '95 Ford F-150 with altered '95 backing plates.

Attached Files:

3. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I can only assume your going for discs w 5 on 51/2 bolt pattern yes?

There are dodge rotor hats also … a good counter guy at your parts store will get out the picture book and help you out.
    I did discs on a bronco 9’’ recently and used dodge rotors

4. Carfanatic

Carfanatic

Yes I would like to stay with the 5 on 5.5 pattern. Thanks for the heads up on the Dodge rotors. Dodge never entered my mind for some reason. I'm assuming there would be quite a selection between 2 x 4wd, 4 x 4wd fronts and rears

5. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Yeah
    You will find that any 4x4 with selectable hubs need a 5 or 6 on 5 ½” bolt circle … so there’s quite a few different makes that used it

6. That's interesting...the Model T 'EE' cranks are the most desirable.

7. Carfanatic

Carfanatic

296 V8 Which Dodge rotors did you use on your 9" rear?

8. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I thought id written it down in the project log book at work but I didn’t … sorry
    Seams like they were mid 80’s

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

EE was Ford's secret recipe electric furnace steel. AA was regular furnace...I've only seen EE on V8 axles, but I don't know about the several axles that aren't in my basement... but many A's had AA steel.
    I made a post on the general recipe for EE and a general heat treat/tempering process...
    There were several slightly different EE's and numerous use that had different heat procedures, so the post is not 100% certainly correct for the axle, but it at very least gives the idea.
    Ford rarely used SAE, and was generally considered to be the leader in metallury, casting, forging, and welding...

10. Carfanatic

Carfanatic

Thanks. Its a place to start.

11. 117HARV.....thanks for the pic....